Wednesday 27 June 2007

Wednesday

I thought I'd share my WIP of the Papillon Creations freebie Love Letters. I wanted something small just to pick up when I have a few minutes spare so this is what I've done so far. I'm stitching it on 32 count mushroom fabby, I think lugana but not entirely sure, using the DMC threads that Yvonne suggested. It is stitching up quite quickly. I really like Yvonne's designs as they are so easy to stitch.

I am doing OK with HAED Winter this week, although it was slow going on Monday evening as I was finishing off the lettering. I should get a good go at it now I've got that bit done so watch this space for an update on Monday when my week is up on it.

The 7th part of the Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV was released on Monday and to say I was disappointed was an understatement really! You might see why when I've got it stitched but I'm really not keen.

Well the weather on Monday, as I'm sure you will all have seen on the news, was absolutely terrible. Where I live we have been relatively lucky as far as flooding goes, although there were several homes under water and roads were blocked. All three schools closed on Monday around lunchtime and remained closed yesterday. My DH left work early on Monday but it took him over two hours to get home due to flooded roads and he actually thought he wasn't going to make it home. My heart goes out to all the people whose homes are flooded and to the familes of those who have lost their lives.

What gets me about all this flooding is the fact that the authorities seem to do nothing to try and prevent it. Years ago the rivers used to be regularly dredged, dykes cleaned out, drains cleaned out etc but these days it doesn't get done. I'm not saying that it would have completely stopped the flooding this time as the rain was so heavy, but it might not have been so bad. Plus the drainage sytems in this country are in desperate need of upgrading.

I have been up to Abi's school for her review day this afternoon. I had an appointment to see her group tutor to discuss her academic review and see how she's doing. He is very pleased with her, says she is very pleasant and a hard worker and a language wizz! Her teachers comments were all good too so we are very happy.

Tomorrow evening it's Jessica's year 11 prom so I'll have the camera out taking piccies and will post them here hopefully Friday!

15 comments:

Stitcher said...

Lovely colours Sally. Look forward to seeing pics of the prom.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty freebie! Lovely colours you've chosen.

We're lucky here, the rain has been bad, but no flooding around us fortunately. So much for flaming June!

Stitchingranny said...

Thats very pretty, I too am a great fan of Yvonnes charts.

Michele said...

very pretty .. I love the soft colors :)

I'm so sorry to hear about all the flooding .. glad to hear you are ok.. but so hard on the families losing their houses and all :(

Lynn said...

that is a lovely design and I love the colours :)

You must be so proud of your DD, it's good to hear that there are still some young people out there who take a pride in their school work.

Sue said...

Love your PC piece, colors are so pretty. Glad the flooding hasn't affected you so far ;)

Anonymous said...

What a pretty piece - the colours are gorgeous.

The flooding is terrible - glad to hear that you're getting through it okay.

Paula said...

Hi Sally, your WIP is lovely, I love the colours. Can't wait to see more of it.
Ohh looking forward to seeing your Christmas Mystery, it's hard to stitch on something if you are not liking it...have you decided what to do with it when finished?
Well done Abi for getting such good comments from the teachers, that was great. And tell Jess to have a good night at the prom.
The weather here is not too bad today, but it's chilly. We are due more rain later today, it is summer Sally isn't it??? TUT. Fingers crossed your weather gets better too,
happy stitching and huggles to you.....

Karen said...

Lovely wip , you always choose such pretty designs to stitch.
Thats good news from Abi's tutors I can't wait to see Jess all dressed up

Hazel said...

Very true what you say about the drains! Your PC looks great. Nice colours. xx

Solstitches said...

This is very pretty Sally. It's a while since I've visited your blog so I enjoyed looking at everything you've been doing.
As always you're stitching is beautiful.

Margaret

Samantha said...

What pretty colours! Great start Sally.

That's lovely to hear about your daughter doing so well.

Julie said...

Enjoy your special night Jess, bet you are all dressed up now and mum is in tears!!!

Nice WIP Sally, yeuck to the Chatelaine though ...

Well done Abi, you'll be just like Jess, got the brains in the family LOL

JOT said...

Very pretty. Lovely colours.

Looking forward to seeing your HAED Winter.

I hope the Chatelaine looks better when stitched than you think. It must be horrible to stitch on something that you are disappointed with.

stitcherw said...

Love letters is looking so pretty, it looks like it would be a fun and quick stitch. I hope that the flooding stops soon, it is amazing how many areas around the world seem to be having troubles with flooding this year.
Sue