Monday 25 June 2007

Love is Patient WIP

As I had finished Papillon Creations Simple Little Quaker I started La D Da Love is Patient on Friday evening. This is stitched on Sassy's Fabbys COTM Cheryl's Wild Rose, which is a gorgeous colour, using Crescent Colours. The colours I have used so far are Manor Red and a black which I can't remember the name of! This piece will now be in the first week of my rotation.

This week's piece is Heaven and Earth Designs Winter by Sara Butcher. I'm looking forward to getting on with this again and getting a few rows done! I know it's going to take me years to do but I'm long past being able to stitch one piece at a time, finish it then start something else. I'd get very bored if I did that and would possibly never finish any larger pieces. It's OK stitching one small piece at a time but with larger pieces I know it wouldn't work for me. Having said that I probably have too many larger pieces on the go:)

And speaking of HAED the people who signed up to the newsletter received a lovely surprise for Fairy Day of the chart of Jessica Galbreth's Believe in Yourself. I think this will be one I stitch for Abi as it would look gorgeous in her bedroom when we get it decorated! So thank you Michelle and Bob for a gorgeous Fairy Day gift.:)

Thank you to everybody who posted well wishes for Abi. The visit to the doctors for both her and Jess went OK. Jess has an infected toe so has cream to put on that which will, hopefully, clear it up. If not she has to go back on Friday. I'm just keeping my finger's crossed that it clears up otherwise it may well mean she'll have to have her toenail taken off. Ouch! Abi has a sinus infection so has antibiotics for that. I've kept her off school today but hope to get her back tomorrow but will see how she goes.

What horrible weather we are having! It is throwing it down and is very windy out there. I need to go to the post office to post out some Ebay stuff but I will be soaked before I reach my front gate! I think I'll wait a bit and see if it slows up a bit.

Stay safe and dry everyone!

15 comments:

Samantha said...

Lovely start Sally - that fabric is sooo pretty, can't wait to see some more!

I know what you mean about not being a one at a timer anymore, there's no hope for me really - I keep seeing new things I want to stitch!

Unknown said...

Hahaha tell me about the rain Sally, we nearly swam to school this morning. And my Dad wonders why I've only cut the grass once since he did it a month ago!!!!

What a lovely start to your new piece.

I need to get some shopping, but I'm not going out in that, I'll have to do it tomorrow after my creative cards class.

Paula said...

Hi Sally, what a lovely start, well done.
Oh poor kiddies.....hope they are both feeling better soon.
Forget about the PO today Sally, wait until tomorrow and see if the weather has picked up. You could always email the people and explain to them why you haven't posted yet, I'm sure they will understand.
Huggles and Happy Stitching to you..

Karen said...

I love the sassys fabric you are using, its raining hard here as well, LOL even in Animal Crossing I have a thunder storm

Ranae said...

Love is Patient is a lovely start, i love the colors. I hope you dry out soon :)

Stitcher said...

Nice start, and very pretty colours. Well I hope you made it to the post office, as the rain hasn't stopped. I think we're cut off from the outside world. Hope your dh had made it home.

Michelle said...

Beautiful start! I love the fabric. I probably have too many large WIPs too, but at least I am never bored!

Anonymous said...

You made a good start on your La D Da and the fabby is really pretty!

We've been having lots of rain the past couple of days as well. Did someone forget to tell Summer that it's showtime?

Stitchingranny said...

Nice start Sally. Sorry but I never got to the PO today due to the weather so will be posting to you on Wednesday, hope thats ok.

Anonymous said...

You have made a good start on La a Da Love is patient. And congratulations on your finish *HUGS*

Julie said...

Blogger is playing tricks on me !!! i left a comment on here last night ... i know i did !!! It didn't print on Karens either .. something very spooky is happening LOL

anyway .. i said good start on LaDDa, and hope Abi feels better soon (i think!)

{{huggles}}

Julie said...

Don't go out in this weather Sally, you'll drown! I've never known rain like this! x

Sue said...

Nice start on the La-D-Da piece ;)

Hazel said...

Nice La D Da design Sally! Rotation? Hope it works out. I have been pondering one for a while. xx

stitcherw said...

Glad Abi and Jess both did ok at the doctors, and hope the medicine they have gets them both better soon. Your new start is lovely, the fabric is gorgeous.
Sue