Sunday 10 June 2007

Sunday Update

Well I finally got my sewing machine out yesterday afternoon, although it was a bit of a waste bringing it down as I only did one piece! Lol! The other two I did didn't need the machine but never mind. At least I got some bits done!

So first off this is Abi's San Man Originals Home is Where the Heart Is. It has been in her stitching box for absolutely ages and when I made my first couple of pinkeeps she decided that's how she wanted it making up! I used plain black fabric for the back and silver, white and purple pins ( purple to match the purple spider) and black ribbon. She is really pleased with it and now has it on a shelf in her bedroom.

Next this is Little House Needleworks Pine Tree Hill. I wanted to finish it as it had been in the Just Cross Stitch magazine but I think I cut my felt a bit too small or sewed too big a seam allowance on it as the piece ended up onlu just fitting on. I still have a hanger to sew on as I didn't have any ribbon or cord in red. It seems a shame to just hang it at Christmas so it might end up on display all year round!

Lastly this one was a very quick stitch I did one afternoon. Some of you may know my favourite wild bird is a robin so I stitched the Elzabeth's Designs freebie The First Robin of Spring, although I did stitch more red in it than the chart actually had! I had a coaster which Carol ( cc45 on the SMO board) sent me for one of my wishes so I decided to mount it in that. It is stitched on an ornament cut of 28 count Sassy's Fabby in Sunburst Yellow Pearl.

HAED quick stitch Dragonette is coming along quite well this week, although I didn't stitch on it at all on Friday evening then last night I was all set to stitch on it whilst watching Dr Who but I had to watch it first then start stitching! *sigh* I love David Tennant *sigh* Er yes anyway I am hoping to get one last evening on her tonight before I move onto the last piece in my rotation which is Papillon Creations Serendipity. I shall stick to the rotation I have as it has worked really well and given me a lot more incentive to work on my HAEDS with stitching something else inbetween. I won't be adding anything else this time unless I finish something and I could well finish Papillon Creations Simple Little Quaker.

Just one more week and Jess will have finished her exams, thank God! She's got five this week and I think she's really looking forward to her Chemistry one! Lol! She received her 6th From acceptance letter this last week so now she just needs to have got the grades she needs for the subjects she's taking. Abi's review day is towards the end of the month so I need to write in her planner the time I prefer to see her group tutor. Last time it was really a waste of time but they hadn't been there long then so this one might be a bit more productive!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. I'll be back in a day or so with my progress on Dragonette, hopefully!

23 comments:

Stitcher said...

Great finishes Sally, and I agree, you should display Pine Tree Hill all year round.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes! I can't stitch and watch Doctor Who either ;)

JOT said...

All three look great!

Karen said...

I think you should display what you want when you want and not just by the time of year ;o)
All three finishes are super

Julie said...

Great finishes Sally

Good Luck Jess for next week, will she be finished school then for the hols or does she have to stay till the others finish?

Looking forward to seeing your progress on Dragonette, i really must get Leo again LOL

{hugs}

stitcherw said...

Wonderful finishes, they all look so cute. Looking forward to seeing updates on Dragonette (as well as Little Quaker Sampler?).
Sue

Jenn said...

All of your finishes look great! I love your new blog template too. Very cool!

Juls said...

Lovely finishes! And I love Abi's!!!! I keep my seasonals up all year as well!

Good luck to Jess for the rest of her exams!!

BeckySC said...

Very nice finishes, Sally! Congratulations!

Stitchingranny said...

Three lovely finishes - love Abi's little spiders home.

Julie said...

Love all your finishes, wow, you've been busy. Also love the new look blog, can't quite get up the courage to change mine - don't want to lose all my bits and bobs on the sidebar really. Wasn't Dr Who brilliant. I'm with you about David Tennant - eyes you could melt into!! x

Sue said...

Wow, your finishes are great ;)

Michele said...

love your finishes! and Abi's stitching is so nice .. love how you finished it for her :)

Paula said...

Hi Sally love yours and Abi's finishes well done to you both.
OOhhh good luck to jess with her last week of exams, bet she can't wait til they are finished, you'll be relieved too...lol
Huggles and happy stitching

Samantha said...

All your finishes (and Abi's!) look gorgeous Sally! I love how you've finished them. I also find it difficult to stitch & watch Dr Who... hope you didn't blink this week! ;o)

Mary Ann said...

Lovely finishes, Sally(and Abi)!!

Anita said...

Beautiful finishes, you need to take out your sewing machine more often.

Claire said...

They are all gorgeous finishes Sally and Abi!!

Hugs
Claire

Lucy said...

I love that Spider!! (then again, I love spiders period)

Anonymous said...

Love the finishes, they're very pretty! Any chance I can send you some of mine to finish? *rofl*

The new Blog look is very 'dramatic' - I love it! :D

Carol said...

Gosh you've been busy Sally - your new finishes are all lovely!

Bet Jess is looking forward to seeing her exams behind her! Love the new look blog too! :o)

Unknown said...

Great finishes Sally, well done.

Anonymous said...

These are very nice finishes, I have yet to try my hand at some of these techniques.