Tuesday 5 June 2007

My First No Sew Cube.

I finally plucked up the courage to try a No Sew Cube this weekend. Lisa said she got her polystyrene at B&Q ( thanks for the tip Lisa!) and we had to go on Sunday as one of the drawer runners in the kitchen had breathed it's last so I got some while we there. I decided to make the San Man Originals double maniac design, Dream a Little Dream, that I finished a while ago into one so here it is. I am rather pleased with my first attempt as it was so easy to do. I will definitely be trying more of these. I really need to get some stuff finished up. I have Christmas ornaments from a SAL I did two years ago to make up yet!

I had a brilliant last few days on Just Nan Spring in the Air and am delighted with what I achieved on it. As you can see I did bands 1 to 5 and made a small start on band 6. I am hoping the rabbits in band 6 show up better once I get them completely stitched. I will see what they are like then I may just backstitch round them to make them show up better.

This week it's the turn of Heaven and Earth Designs quick Stitch Dragonette in my rotation. I managed quite a few stitches last night so, finger's crossed, I just might get 10 rows finished tonight and move onto the next 10. I stitch on 10 rows at a time across one page as I find this the easiest way with HAEDs. I am determined to have another HAED finish soon but will it be Dragonette or Summer?!

I am now officially stitching from my chart stash until 1st December so I'll be ready for a treat by then! Lol! I will admit that I have never done particularly well on "the wagon" so if I look at it as stitching from chart stash it might not seem so bad. Chris, Nicola, Gill and Claire are keeping me company so let's see how we do! Good luck girls!

I just knew it was too good to be true! The other day I was saying that I'd felt better than I had in a long time. Yeah right, smash, bang, wallop and I'm feeling yuck again! Same symptoms I've had over and over before so I just say nothing, plod on, look happy blah blah blah! I've had restless sleep for a couple of nights with some very vivid dreams. In one my Dad was a withered up little old man, refusing to listen to the doctor then had a huge fall and I'm there trying to pick him up. My Dad is 78 but in this dream he looked so much older. In another I am in a hospital and my brother is on the floor having a heartattack. The medics can't get his heart going so they open him up there and then and massage his heart. Next thing he's stood in front of me like nothing had happened, no scars, nothing, giving me a hug. The weird thing is I don't have a brother but in the dream I'm screaming don't let my brother die! My dreams don't usually bother me but I must admit that these two did shake me a bit. Must be my age I think! Lol!

We had a bit of a clear out in the loft on Saturday and took loads of stuff to the local Lion's charity shop, lots of boxes and stuff to the tip and three bags full of girls clothes to my sister-in-law for her girls to go through! Abi had gone through the bags and picked out what she wanted that would still fit her ( they we Jessica's) so is now very happy with all the trousers and jeans she found! She's growing so fast heightwise that we just can't keep up with her!

Hope the weather is good where you are. It's much nicer than it has been here and the sun is shining. The birds have been having a field day in the garden searching for bugs in the bushes and worms in the grass. I love watching them!

Off to get some lunch now then catch up with all your blogs while I eat:) Thank you for dropping by and for all the lovely comments you leave. I love reading them.



22 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Sally, wow what a great start on your just nan, it's really lovely, well done.
It's gorgeous here today but that's so typical. It was our bank holiday weekend and it rained and rained all weekend, and today I go back to work and it's gorgeous outside, ***urgh stamping feet***** lol
Hope you feel better soon...oh and I love the cube, well done on that.
Happy stitching and huggles to you....

Nicola said...

Sally, Spring in the Air is looking gorgeous! When we get to December on the stitching from chart stash challenge, could I possibly borrow it please?

BeckySC said...

It looks great! Congratulatons :)

Ranae said...

Congrats! The cube finish is awesome. I have been wanting to try one. You have inspired me. Love the JN too. Hope you get feeling better. Ranae

Kathy said...

Wow that looks gorgeous, Congrats on such a beautiful finish.

Hugs xxxxx

Karen said...

the JN is looking great, I havent tried a cube yet they look super when done.
Have fun being on the wagon

Claire said...

Absolutely love your cube - that is something I quite fancy trying.

Your JN is coming on a treat.

Hugs
Claire

Julie said...

love the cube, well done

JN is looking fab too, you did stitch that up quickly

hope you feel brighter soon

{hugs}

Michele said...

congrats on the cube .. it looks great! maybe this will spur me on to finish the one I started back in December! lol and I love the JN!! great work :)

sucks you aren't feeling great again .. hang in there ((((((sally))))))))

Mylene said...

Your cube finished turn out great, Sally. Well done.

stitcherw said...

Your cube turned out wonderful, and Spring is looking lovely. The colors in Spring are so pretty.

Hope you feel better soon, and that you can rest better. Having distressing dreams like that makes the next day so much rougher.
Sue

Sue said...

I love your cube and your Just Nan piece is beautiful ;)

Anonymous said...

You've made fantiastic progress on Spring Is In The Air, and that cube is adorable! :)

No, I don't do so well on 'the wagon' either so fingers crossed for this time! haha

Anonymous said...

Your JN is coming along fabulously! Well done on making the cube - it looks great (and very neat).

Best of luck with your 'stitch from stash'. I've tried that before but only managed three months before I caved in and bought something... Then I bought A LOT to make up for the three months I missed out! *rofl*

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Carol said...

You've done a wonderful job with your first no sew cube Sally. Another finish for me yet to try! Spring in the Air is coming along brilliantly too...those little pansies over 1 are so sweet!

I just hate those vivid dreams...you can't get them out of your head for days sometimes can you! Hope you're feeling better again soon! :o)

JOT said...

Congratulations on your first no sew cube, it looks great! You are doing well with Spring in the Air.

Good luck with your 'stitch from stash' campaign. The way the year is going December will be here before you know it! :)

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Michelle said...

Your cube turned out so cute! And your Just Nan piece is really coming along well - so pretty!

Deb said...

Your cube and Just Nan are really great, Sally. Now, I'm worried about your dream. Listen to your dreams...they are giving you messages...sometimes they just want you to take a moment and consider some things. Sending love and hugs,
Deb

Samantha said...

Your cube is so pretty & you're making great progress on your JN Sally. Good luck with the Wagon!

Stitchingranny said...

Wow Sally both JN Spring and the Cube are great. I will be asking for instruction for the cube I think as Ive not seen one of these before.

Kajsa said...

What a cute cube! Good job!

Anita said...

I love your new look. It is very pretty. You did a great job at the cube finishing and your JN piece is stunning.