Friday 15 June 2007

Serendipity


Serendipity
Originally uploaded by stitchyangel
I'm all caught up! I put the final few stitches into part 7 last night so that's Papillon Creations Serendipity done until part 8 comes out. I'm really looking forward to seeing what part 9 is though:) I have loved stitching this and am thinking of making it into a cushion when it's finished. For those who are wondering it's stitched on 32 count evenweave using DMC 550 and 3350 along with Kreinik Braid #4 005.

Not sure what I'm going to stitch on for the next few evenings. I guess I should really go onto the next slot in my rotation but I may have other ideas! Lol!

Well it has certainly been a naff few days weather wise. I had to go out earlier and I was soaked by the time I got back home. I've had to change my t-shirt and my jeans! As they say lovely weather for ducks!

Jess has her last exam this morning. In fact she will have just about finished as I type this and was so excited this morning that she only had this one to go! Now we have to try and forget about them until the results come out!

I am feeling somewhat sad today as it's 22 years since my Mum passed away. I miss her more now than I ever did before I think. Seems daft in a way but it's just the way I feel. I've been and bought flowers for her grave but I don't think I'll be taking them today. It's a funny time for us as a family as my Mum died on the 15th and the 16th was my MIL's birthday so that's two graves to visit. My MIL would have been 68 tomorrow.

That's all from me today. Not much to say:) Hope everyone is having a productive stitchiy week.

20 comments:

Karen said...

the Serendipity looks great you have almost convinced me I should do it one day lol
I know what you mean about missing your mum next week it will be 9 years since mine passed away and I miss her every day.
I hope you feel a bit brighter later

JOT said...

Serendipity looks lovely!

It must be terrible. I don't think it is daft to miss your mum more now. {{{Hugs}}}

Claire said...

Serendipity looks great - maybe one to add to my list to stitch I think.

Hugs to you and hubby for today and tomorrow.

Hugs
Claire

Anonymous said...

Lovely progress on Serendipity, the colours are so pretty!

stitcherw said...

Serendipity is looking lovely, nice progress.

Losing a parent is so hard, no matter how old they (or you) were when they died, or how long they've been gone. {{hugs}}
Sue

Carol said...

So lovely! I wish the parts to that sampler came out quicker than they do, though. I keep thinking I must be missing the emails - LOL!

Nicola said...

Great work on Serendipity Sally. I'm collecting this although I haven't as yet started it, apart from stitching part 1 for a biscornu. (I have yet to make that up.) It seems like a long time between parts 7 and 8. Have a lovely weekend.

Michelle said...

Serendipity looks beautiful! Congrats on finishing up this part.

Michele said...

wow, I love Serendipity! It's looking great :)

(((((((((Sally)))))))))) I miss my mom and mil too .. some years are harder than others aren't they.

Julie said...

Sereendipity looks great Sally

{{bug hugs}} i know just how you feel, my MIL has been gone 8 years this year and it could be last week, i felt very sad this time

Stitchingranny said...

I am so lucky that at almost 61 I still have my Mum. You must have been very young when she died Sally and I dont think you will every stop missing her, and would you really want to.

"Dippy" is looking great, like you I have really enjoyed this and am longing to know what number 9 will be, though at the moment I want to know when part 8 will be here.

Samantha said...

Serendipity looks great Sally - I'm looking forward to seeing the next part.

I lost my mum 21 years ago this year & I know exactly what you mean about missing your mum more than ever. There's so many things that you want to share with them. Sending lots of {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

Susimac said...

(((HUGS)))
Your serendipity is looking lovely.

Unknown said...

Your stitching looks lovely.

{{{hugs}}} it's 20 years since my Granny went to a better place and I miss her far more now.

Hazel said...

Serendipity looks fab. It reminds me I must get the next part. How did you change your cover page btw it looks fab!! I wish someone would come and do mine for me!! xx

Mylene said...

Serendipity is looking good.
(((Hugs)))

Karin said...

You're making great progress - sorry to hear that this is such a rough time of year for you.

Anonymous said...

Serendipity looks stunning and I am looking forward to seeing part 8 as well as part 9.
*HUGS*

Paula said...

Hi Sally Serendipihy looks great, have you decided what to stitch for the next few evenings yet??
Sally you'll always miss your mum no matter how many years of past....I'm sure she misses you to and is keeping a watchful eye over you.
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Hello Sally, I just came across your blog and was looking through. You've done some lovely work. The Dragonette QS is so cute lol

I love Serendipity and you've actually helped me out there to as I bought the Love with a Capital L Papillon chart last week to stitch for my hubby and I couldn't work out which colours to use. I wanted it to look pretty much as the original chart but it doesn't say what colours were used. Your Serendipity looks very similar so if you don't mind, I'm going to make a note of them and use the same. Hope that's ok.

Lovely blog :o) I'm going to add you to my Google Reader so I can visit again.