Tuesday 25 September 2007

A Small Finish:)

Thank you to everybody for your well wishes:) I am feeling better, not quite 100%, but my stitching mojo is back so that is a good thing! Lol! I had my ears syringed yesterday but I still have pain for all there's no infection so I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

I have had a small finish so I'm happy:) It feels good to have a small finish once in a while in amongst all the bigger stuff:) It's not made up into anything as yet but I have plans to maybe finish it up into a flange pillow. It is a La D Da freebie called Rose and it's stitched on 28 count Polstitches Nature's Grace using GAST. I enjoyed stitching this one up as it was so quick and easy. No real using the old brain! Lol! I'm not sure when I'll actually get it made up as I need to see what fabric I have I can use.

This week I'll be stitching on Chatelaine Summer Afternoon and, hopefully, get it finished. I picked it up last night but didn't get much done as my heart just didn't seem in it somehow. I think I've lost interest in it a bit. Don't get me wrong it's a lovely piece but I think I've been stitching it way too long! I also need to get started on a birthday present for a friend who is 40 early next month. I have no idea what to stitch as yet so I need to get looking through my charts and get my mind made up! It'll be here before I know it!

We'll be getting a new front door in about 3 weeks time! Yay! No more drafts and no more having a door that sticks in winter! It took us a while to decide which one to have as there were so many different ones to choose from but we got there in the end. It'll certainly make a huge difference to the house. We actually had UPVC windows put in 16 years ago but couldn't afford the doors as well at the time:(

Hope everyone is having a good week and that everyone where there were tornados etc yesterday in the UK is safe. We are certainly having some freak weather this year.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little finish is very pretty. I'm glad you got your mojo back. You know, I didn't even know there had been tornado's in the UK and I live here. Show's how bad I am at reading newspapers/watching tv doesn't it.

Paula said...

Hi Sally glad you are a bit better, I'm having such a dizzy day I feel my ears all clogged and my head is going to roll off my shoulders.....argh
I love your Rose finish, it's really pretty.
Heard about the tornados parts of UK had we had gale force winds so they must have been caused by UK's freaky weather....
Hugs and happy stitching

Anonymous said...

It's a sweet little stitch that you finished. Good to hear that you are feeling well.

Karen said...

your rose finish is very pretty , I quite enjoy no brainer designs sometimes, the fact you can just stitch and not think too hard. Glad you are feeling a bit better

Andrea said...

Your Rose is a lovely finish. Glad you are a little better if not completely.

Nicola said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sally, I hope it won't be long before you are completely recovered.

Well done on your lovely rose finish. I'll be interested to see how you finish it.

Mary Ann said...

Your Rose finish is beautiful!! I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.

Stitchingranny said...

lol hope you have better luck with your new door than we have with doors - long long story.

The Rose is sweet Sally.

Carol said...

What a beautiful little finish Sally! I have been wanting to stitch that little one up too :-)

Julie said...

this is lovely Sally

HELP !!!! i posted on this one, i know i did and the one below too, i've had terrible trouble getting into post on here now ... hope it works ... fingers crossed LOL

Yuko said...

This freebie is realy lovely!
I hope that shop gives me this chart for this times order, LOL
Well, your works is really beautiful! Well done!