Monday 3 September 2007

Christmas Mystery IV Part 9

I am here! We've been a bit busy these past few days with last minute stuff for school plus we've had problems with our broadband connection and have been trying to get that sorted. Our ISP were next to useless in sorting it and after three phone calls to them they said it was nothing to do with them so I rang our telephone provider today but could not get anything sorted properly because I didn't know the password so had to wait until DH got in so he could ring them! He didn't remember setting a password but he got there eventually. So Onetel have lodged a fault on the line with BT and they'll try and sort it out. It's been so damned annoying getting so far through something on the net then getting disconnected and each time we reconnect the speed drops. Also if the phone rings it cuts us off which is not right. We've replaced splitters, and connected up a new modem all to no avail! So finger's crossed BT sort it out otherwise I don't know what we'll do.

Last week after I'd done with the SAL on the HAED board I decided to stitch part 9 of Chatelaine Christmas IV rather than go back to my rotation. I must admit that I love this part. I've been a bit undecided, as some of you know, since the part with the little girl but I think this part does give it something more to take your eye away from her. It does still look a little thrown together to me but it is growing on me more each month now. Excuse the lack of a picture of the whole thing but it didn't come out very well. I can't wait now to see what the last three parts will be.

While I remember, Patty, I have looked on my Summer Afternoon chart and the symbol you mentioned is on my key and it's Rainbow Gallery PB01. Some of the symbols on the chart where there are halfstitches are difficult to see. I had particular problems on one part but it is lovely when it is stitched so it's worth it. I did leave a message for you on the Chatelaine Yahoo group as I saw your post on there.

After I'd got the mystery up to date I decided to stitch on HAED Guardian for a few days and have decided to carry on with it and start back at the beginning of my rotation! I've got a bit lost with it with doing the HAED SAL and other stuff and Guardian was calling to me a lot ( male angel {sigh} ] and I'm getting towards his chest! LOL! Jessica asked me if he was going on her wall so I told her no!!! He's definitely going on mine. I will post a WIP pic in a few days when I get a bit more done.

The girls and I have been to Beverley today. DH dropped us off as he went to work then we got the bus back later. I don't do buses if I can help it as I don't travel very well on them but I managed to get back here without throwing up! We didn't buy much but I did get a new top ( I nearly hung myself trying it on as it's one of those with two layers!), Abi got a pair of shoes for a fiver, some lip gloss, and a lucky bag in Claire's Accessories. I got Jess a couple of files for school as she's been told she'll need planty for biology.

Well that's all for me today. I am hoping to catch up on visiting blogs tonight. I'll be back later in the week with a piccie of HAED Dragonette as I picked it up from the framers today. Hope everyone has had a good start to the week. I'm not looking forward to Wednesday as Abi goes back to school. I go through the same things every September!

19 comments:

Karen said...

lol nearly hung yourself, I am glad you are starting to like the mystery a bit more now

Susimac said...

I like the latest part to the mystery its lovely. Hope you get your internet sorted soon.

Julie said...

The snowflake certainly adds something to the mystery, lets hope the next 2 parts are even better

Hope you get your internet sorted

Good Luck Abi in year 8

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the double layered tops LOL

Can't wait to see some more on guardian :):):)

Anonymous said...

It's magnificent! Very sparkly it seems.

Stitcher said...

Glad you got there in the end. It's lookin good.

BeckySC said...

I think it looks great, Sally :)

Sue said...

I love your Chatelaine Christmas, it's keeps getting prettier ;)

Hazel said...

Thta chateleine is really coming along now. That part is such a surprise and is beautiful. In re to cdc I am in mad discussions with Tracy maddixie emailing re threads to use on some mulberry coloured fabric I have in my stash. So desperate to start it! xx

Deb said...

Sally, I like the Chatelaine Christmas! The little girl is the sweetest part, I think...having seen her previously, but I know what you mean about another focus. I'm so anxious to see more of your Guardian! You're really a fast stitcher!!
Hugs,
Deb

Ranae said...

Hi! Sally, The CC WIP is really coming together and looking great.
I do hope you get the internet thing working right, it so annoying to be cut off, while blogging,lol.

Nancy in IL said...

As Deb said, "You ARE a fast stitcher!" I, too, am looking forward to seeing your Guardian progress, and what a nice surprise the Christmas mystery is turning out to be. I KNEW it would get better, and I do remember how you were doubting it. Nice jobs! Lovely stitching!

Paula said...

Hi Sally, I'm glad you're starting to like the Mystery again, I think it's gorgeous.
PHWOARRRR can't wait to see an update on Guardian...have you started "him" yet??? Poor dh when that goes up on your bedroom wall, he'll never get a look in!!! pmsl.
Oh and Sally.....my halo is firmly in place, and nice and sparkley...as always!!!! roflol
Huggles and Happy stitching.....

Mindi said...

Glad you're liking the Christmas Chatelaine more, I have to agree with you that I wasn't a big fan of the little girl and didn't sign up for it because of that. The snowflakes are definitely adding more interest and sparkle.

Michelle said...

The newest part to the mystery is beautiful. I'm curious to see what the last parts hold.

Unknown said...

I think the star/snowflake looks great Sally. Adds depth to the design.

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty! I think the mystery is going to be beautiful when finished.

Michele B. said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I do have one of those needle organizers but never even thought to use it - what a good idea! I'll see if it helps. I am enjoying seeing your stitching so much. Your Christmas is lovely!

Carol said...

oooo, your Christams Mystery is pretty!!!!! The monkeys on Annemarie's RR are from The Monkey Sampler by Midsummer Night Designs.