Saturday 22 September 2007

Anybody Miss Me?

No??? Oh well! LOL! Had one of those weeks that I don't want to repeat in a hurry! I've not been well since Monday evening and am still nowhere near 100% as yet but am hoping I soon will be. I haven't stitched since Sunday but last night I did manage an hour before I decided I'd had enough. Now I'm sure my DH and kids will tell you that if I don't stitch I am really not well at all! I have spent my time extremely bored staring at the walls, sleeping, or reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. I finally went to the doctors yesterday and have to go back Monday to see the nurse, have my ears syringed and see if that helps. I sure as hell hope it does because this is no fun at all. For two days I daren't even go out and I have net curtains to put up for my Dad and I daren't do that either:( Oh well he will just have to wait a little while longer.

As I said I haven't stitched since Sunday evening until last night so HAED Winter is not getting a look in this time in my rotation. I've given up on it for this time and, finger's crossed, Monday I will move onto the next piece which I think is Chatelaine Summer Afternoon. I am hoping I will feel well enough and have my mojo back. I'd like to have it finished by the end of the week but it'll depend very much on how I'm feeling plus I've just remembered we have somebody coming round Monday evening to show us some brochures for UPVC doors. We desperately need a new front door and the UPVC ones they sell in the DIY stores won't fit so we're going to have to have one made. Anyway back to stitching ( I'm rambling and losing track!) last night I made a small start on a La D Da freebie. I am hoping to offer up the finished piece as a thank you for visiting my blog but I will post more about that when it is done and dusted. I stitched quite a bit of the wording on it and it felt quite good to be stitching again.

On Thursday I received a gorgeous scissor fob from Karen. She had asked me what my favourite colour was and I had no idea why:) The fob is purple and pink with a dolphin charm on the end:) You can see it on her blog. Thank you so much Karen. I now have it attached to my scissors.

Oh yes before I go I'll report on the General Studies saga with Jess! Jess went to see the head of GS on Monday but didn't get any further to dropping the subject. He gave her his number for us to ring him so DH rang him when he got in from work. The outcome of it is that Jess is carrying on with it for now to see how it goes but he is prepared after that to let her drop it. He says that GS could be the difference for her getting into university or not but we would never actually know either way. She only has until half term though as after that they can't drop any subject at all. There has been quite a few of them that have dropped it though. She has been much happier this week though and is settling down well to life in 6th form.

Right that's it from me for now. I'm going to get caught up on blogs ( I use Google Reader and I have over 100 posts to catch up on so apologies if I don't comment on every single post). Message boards have gone by the wayside as there's no way I'm catching up on the two I visit as there are way too many posts! Have a good weekend everyone.

15 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I hope you are feeling better and back to stitching soon, Sally! (hugs). I saw the dolphin fob on Karen's blog--very pretty!!

Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Sally, it's no fun to feel blah all the time.

Thank you for asking about my birthday, it's next week the 30th.

As for reading blogs, yes I've got over 100 blog posts to catch up on too!!!

Karen said...

Glad to see you back posting, hope you feel better soon

Lynn said...

glad your well enought to start posting again. Hope you get sorted soon. GS is a subject my DD dropped too, so hope your DD gets sorted out quickly.

Samantha said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well Sally. Hope you're on the mend and that your stitching mojo is back very soon {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill. I hope you get over it very soon (and get back to your stitching!).

It's good news that Jess is settling in to 6th form now. Do you think it was a bit of panic because 6th form is so different from 'school'?

stitcherw said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you get to feeling better soon. The little fob is very cute, what a fun surprise to get, and it sounds like the timing was perfect to give you a needed pick up. Good luck to Jess on her GS, I hope it all works out well for her.
Sue

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! {{hugs}} You sound just like me - if I don't stitch I *must* be ill.

Andrea said...

Chin up Sally. Hope the nurse sorts you out.
Lovely gift from Karen too.

Tracy Dixon said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well, sending lots of hugs your way

Juls said...

You were missed! Hope you are feeling better! (((hugs)))

Paula said...

Hi Sally, hope you're feeling better by now and you're back to stitching again.
hopefully Jess will get on well with her GS but at least she knows she can drop if it all becomes to stressful for her.
Hugs to you and happy stitching.....

Hazel said...

Awww Sally I have been away from the blogs too and I do miss them. What a lovely thing for Karen to do I will pop over and have a look in a min. Your Dragonette looks great framed. I really need to find a good framer. Hugs xx

Michele said...

of course we missed you!!! I miss all my blogging friends when they get quiet :) hope you are feeling better!!!

Mylene said...

I hope you are feeling better by now, Sally. Best wishes.