Thursday 6 September 2007

Guardian Mid-Week Update

Especially for Paula I am posting a mid-week piccie of Heaven and Earth Designs Guardian by Selina Fenech! I know how she is getting a wee bit excited about seeing the male angel so here he is! LOL! Just a little bit of him but doesn't he look good?! Michele of HAED's charting skills never cease to amaze me and he looks so lifelike! At the moment I am stitching on the parts where there are DMC as there is a LOT of metallic on this page. I have done bits of the metallic stitching but have found that my thread is splitting more than I would like and it's making me mad so no more stitching with the metallic until I get some Thread Heaven and I just hope it's as good as I've heard it is!

Yesterday I sorted threads and fabby to stitch a birthday card for DH's auntie. I have stitched her one for several years now and she once she said she's so used to it now that she'd be very disappointed if she didn't get one! LOL! So I am going to stitch Just Nan Royal Blossoms for her. I think that's what it's called anyway! Thanks
Karen for sending me the chart a while ago. I didn't get started on it but hope to this afternoon unless something else crops up:)

No picture of Dragonette framed yet. I took a couple this morning but they were so dark I will have to have another go later on.

I had some problems on Sunday with a CD I'd saved all my issues of The Gift Of Stitching to. I went to save the latest issue onto it only to find that everytime I tried the D drive window froze up then the PC wouldn't recognise the D drive at all! Needless to say I got very frustrated and at first thought it was something wrong with the PC. No not my PC as other CDs worked fine so my GoS CD had become corrupted somehow. I was very downhearted as I thought I'd lost all my issues and what a waste of money it had been as I had only printed out the Chatelaine Lavender Garden as I stitched it. On the off chance I got in touch with Kirsten, the editor of GoS, and she has very kindly allowed to me to download all the issues again. So they are now all saved to a brand new CD as well as my new memory stick. Thank you Kirsten:) This led me to think about downloaded charts etc and if they really are a good idea. There has recently been a lady on the HAED board who's CD of HAED charts became corrupted so she has lost the lot. All that money down the drain so to speak. I would be devastated, as I'm sure she was, as I have a lot of HAED charts saved to CD although I do have some of them printed out. So are downloaded charts really a good idea and should we print everything out just incase a CD becomes corrupted? Kind of defeats the object of downloads and the ability to save them onto CD and only print them when needed doesn't it? From now on mine will be saved to a CD and my memory stick and I'll be very careful with that too!

Abi went back to school yesterday and was so excited about one of the teachers she has she texted me at lunchtime to tell me! Lol! Wonder if the excitement will last! Actually this particular teacher taught me, and taught Jessica too for her GCSE and he is brilliant! She has settled down into the swing of things again for all she wasn't terribly keen on going back and keeps asking when the next holiday is! Jess went in on Tuesday to enrol but won't know any of her teachers until she gets her timetable when she starts next Monday. We are keeping our finger's crossed that she'll get certain teachers and not others!

No luck as yet on getting our broadband issues sorted. We are hoping that we'll have heard something by the end of the week and be back up to full speed. It was painfully slow re-downloading the GoS issues earlier on and I kept going away and doing something else!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and for visiting my blog. It means the world to me that there are people out there reading and I hope you all continue to visit with me:) {{{{hugs}}}}

10 comments:

Paula said...

PHOWARRRRRRR just look at the body on him Sally, what a lovely piece of him you have stitched........OH MY....can't wait to see more of him....pmsl...
Hope you get your broad band soon.
Hmmm I always print my charts off. I had some older charts and I couldn't open them as the file thingy majig they were on from the designer had changed....but she emailed them to me again.
Glad you got all your mags again....
Huggles and Happy stitching....

Karen said...

hmmmmm looks like Paula needs a cold shower lol.
I lost all my GoS from part one lol when my computer crashed I am not downloading much now until I get a new computer dont want to overload the laptop lol
Great progress on your man ;O) hows the stroking going can you still read the chart and see the picture?

Anonymous said...

Those of you who stitch the HAEDs a lot simply amaze me! I am struggling with one qs and it will probably be the only HAED I ever do. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

I can't not imagine loosing all my charts. Maybe you could make more than 2 copies (just in case ;-) )

Your HAED looks great !!! I don't think I could stitch one right now but I admire you for doing it !!!

Stitcher said...

He's looking good Sally, can't wait to see more of him.

Ranae said...

HAED is looking great.
Glad to hear you downloaded the TGoS back issues. Could you make two copies? at least it might save time, if something goes wrong.
I hope Abi gets all great teachers this year. I think it makes learning enjoyale when you like the teacher.

Mylene said...

You are moving along great with the HAED project. It looks like a very big one. Hope all goes well at school with the children. So far, ours are still trying to adjust with their schedules especially the eldest, getting up so early in the morning(6:30AM)

Michelle said...

Guardian looks amazing! I like having charts etc electronically, but I do keep two backups of everything just in case!! Glad you were able to get your GoS back!

Nicki said...

wow..... It's looking so like the artwork and this is such a lovely sketch (if that's the right term - it's more than that really isn't it?).

Are you doing the metallic with one strand? I've just discovered that stitching with BF doubled up works for me on HAEDs. Hide the two loose ends in the back and keep the folded end in the eye of the needle and the thread won't split. It will knot though so you have to keep a finger on it as you pull it through. I sometimes wonder if metallics are more trouble than they're worth...!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I feel quite faint! haha He is going to be truly spectacular.