Friday 28 September 2007

In Danger of Becoming A UFO!

Help Julie and Mr Stick!!!! Lol! I have really struggled with Chatelaine Summer Afternoon this week and I'm afraid that, if I don't get it finished this week, it'll easily become a UFO! My heart just doesn't seem to have been in it since I was ill although I have completed a small piece in two afternoons ( pic will be shown later as I think the person it is for reads my blog) but it didn't take too much thinking about. So if Julie would just threaten me with Mr Stick a bit it might just motivate me to get my finger out and make a bit more effort! You there Julie?!

I forgot to mention that I have bought some DMC Variations for Ink Circles Sea Stars for when Karen and I start it in January. I thought I'd get a few at a time but I ended up buying them in two lots instead, one lot from Jayne and one from Sew and So. Now all I have to do is decide on fabric. I quite fancy a plain opalescent but will see what takes my fancy over the next few months.

Anybody else patiently waiting for the JCS Ornament magazine to arrive? I was patient but now I've seen that a lot of people have got theirs I'm not so patient! LOL! I have pre-ordered mine from Jayne so am hoping it'll arrive with her soon. I have emailed Simone about joining her Christmas ornament exchange so am looking forward to stitching one from the new mag if I am accepted:)

The weather has certainly been awful this week. We've had quite a lot of rain and high winds. Ideal stitching weather if only my mojo was fully back! Sigh!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week. Hugs to all for dropping by and hugs to those of you who take time to leave comments. I know it is not always possible as time does not always permit. I value all my blogging and online friends {{{{{hugs}}}}} Oh and I just wanted to say Mary Ann I, for one, love reading your blog and seeing what you are stitching. {{{{hugs}}}}

13 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Sally .. if you are struggling with CS, then maybe it needs to be a UFO until 2008 .. remember, this is for enjoyment, right? lol

You'll love JCS ornament issue when you get it!! That exchange sounds like such fun!

Wow, can't believe what Mary Ann is going through .. I'm sure my blog has had the same things said about it .. but I ain't leaving and I sincerely hope Mary Ann doesn't leave ... I'll miss her blog! sigh some people ...

Stitcher said...

I'm definately desperate to get my hands on the ornament mag, although word has it that it's not as good as previouse years, I still want it now, and although I have preordered, I am seriously thinking of buying it from the US

Anonymous said...

I for one have had tremendous help from MrStick and Julie with my UFO - thought I´d never finish but did in record time. So, I´d go for it - you´ll be in good company too. :-) Yes, I am too waiting paitiently for the JCS Ornament magazine to arrive. I´ve already seen a couple of ornaments from it already stitched and they look lovely. Now, I have a dilemma - where do I find extra time in the day to stitch some more. LOL

Hope you have a nice weekend Sally.

Mary Ann said...

Hmmm, Julie's Mr. Stick sounds scary but effective! :) I will put in a "You can do it, Sally"

And, thank you for the kind words, Sally and Michele. They mean a lot to me. (Hugs)

Anonymous said...

I hope your chatelaine won't end up as an UFO. It's a big piece but chatelaine's patterns are soooooo beautiful!!! Show us your progress so we can encourage you as you progress !!! You can do it !!!

Juls said...

You can do it!!! And remember we do this for enjoyment...so enjoy!!!

And thank you for your lovely comments recently !!! You are a special person as well!!! I so look forward to coming and seeing what's been going on with you!!!!

Paula said...

Sally...do you want Paula to start nagging you to get stitching on this?? HUH>??? Do you???? LOL
Hope you get the motivation to get cracking with it soon...
I haven't even ordered my Chrismtas Ornament mag yet...I will do eventually!! lol
Hugs and Happy stitching..

Hazel said...

I am thinking of getting the ormie mag from the US but not decided yet. Sorry to hear your at that stage with your chateleine. I am at "that stage" with some of my projects too in particular the Dreaming Mermaid. So near yet so far eh? Hugs. xx

Karen said...

Sally remember Paula and I will nag if you dont get on with it

Julie said...

Sally ..... Mr Stick can come over and give you a 'WHACK' if you really need it .... maybe just the thought of it might do the trick. i love this design and can't wait to see it all finished. Stitch and enjoy and you're welcome to come over and join the girls on Tuesdays
{{hugs}}

Karan said...

Come and join us on a Tuesday for UFO night Sally - you'll be surprised how motivating Julie & Mr Stick can be! ;0) Hope you're feeling much better now.

Stitchingranny said...

Sally, if I can finish Coast to Coast then you can finish Summer. If you dont already belong Julies Tuesday UFO club then do join as the girls there (along with the dreaded Mr Stick lol) really spur you on and encourage you.

Good luck.

Bev said...

i am gettng like that witch a few of my projects, and at the mo i really need to get a move on with my xmas cards, so noting is getting done lately!!
and i totally agree with you about Mary Ann's blog too!!