Monday 17 September 2007

A Finish!

I have another finish to share with you today:) I didn't think that I'd get this done completely this week but here it is in all it's glory!


This is La D Da Love is Patient stitched on Sassy's Fabby's 28 count Cheryl's Wild Rose using Crescent Colours. I love the way this had turned out after all the frogging on the heart I had to do plus there was no alphabet or numbers for adding your initials and the year and it was charted for the designer's initials and the year she designed it so I had a bit of changing to do there. I think this will end up being framed but I may well do it myself if I can find a suitable frame. Next time on this slot in my rotation I will have a new start and I think I will make the smalls week:) I need to start thinking about Christmas!

Another photo to share is, at long last, of HAED QS Dragonette framed. I finally managed to take a decent photo of it using the digi camera! Jess chose the frame and mount with the help of the framer.
And last but not least is a picture of Just Nan Royal Blossoms made up into a card for DH's auntie.
This week in my rotation it's HAED Winter by Sara Butcher. I haven't stitched on her in what feels like ages ( and it probably is!) so I'm looking forward to getting back into it and, hopefully, getting page 3 finished!

Jess' first week in 6th Form seemed to go OK apart from a slight hiccup early on in the week. I did not know until Wednesday when she got in that she had been crying on Tuesday night when she'd gone to bed. I knew there was something wrong on Wednesday morning but she said she was OK so I didn't push it. Anyway she was worrying that she wasn't going to be able to cope as she had already had a lot of homework and, let's face it, it's a bit of a shock to the system when you're not used to being bombarded with such a lot of work. Anyway she felt much better about things the next day and once she gets into a routine I am sure she'll be OK. She did decide that she wanted to drop General Studies so that she could concentrate on her other four subjects and use those two hours she gets G. S. to do homework and study but some of the students have already tried to drop it only be told no you can't or you'll be "ruining your life if you do" and one of her best friends had gone to see about dropping it and the head of the subject had ranted at her for 20 minutes ( Jess was actually there with her) so she daren't broach it! So DH and I have discussed it with her and have decided we are behind her 100% and have written a letter to the head of the subject so Jess is going to see him with it today. Keep your finger's crossed that he doesn't start ranting at her! Please!

Abi was in the wars Wednesday evening as she fell in the bath and hurt her back in the region of her ribs. I am sure I should wrap her in cotton wool as she can be so accident prone! Thankfully she didn't do any serious damage to herself although she is still a bit sore. She decided she was going to be brave today and have a go at PE:)

Hope everyone has a good week. Thanks for dropping by:)

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dragonette looks lovely in the frame! As do all your other finishes! Hope Jess gets on ok fingers crossed xxxxxx

Julie said...

Perfect frame for dragonette, Royal Blossom and Love is patient are superb. Hope all goes well for Jess and {{gentle hugs}} to Abi

Nic said...

The frame really sets off Dragonette nicely - which is a Good Thing after all those hours you spent stitching it, I don't know how you do it - I wouldn't have the patience!

The "Love is Patient" is much more my thing - smaller and simpler - it looks really nice. I thought of something like that for teh wedding commission I'm doing, but the commission-er doesn't think the recipient would like it :o(

Nice work!

Jo said...

I love Dragonette, and your heart.

Crossing my fingers for Jess and I hope Abi debruises soon!

Karen said...

the Dragonette looks great , your card turned out well. the la d da is a nice design I like the colours

Andrea said...

Love Dragonette - great framing - and Love is Patient. Your card looks great too.

Anonymous said...

What a great finish, and some beautiful framing/finishing too!

I hope Jess gets things sorted out and that Abi's back is ok.

Michelle said...

Beautiful finishes! I love the frame for your Dragonette. Here's hoping Jess gets everything sorted out and Abi has a quick recovery!

Mylene said...

It's a beautiful finish, Sally. And the frame Dragonette looks great. Sending prayers for Jess and Abi.

Lynn said...

a lovely card finish, and framed dragonette, well done. Hope Abi is on the road to recovery (((hugs)))

Ranae said...

Beautiful finish!! And the frame is awesome with Dragonette. Hoping a quick recovery for Abi

Paula said...

Beautiful finishes as always Sally...and I love the frame and mount for Dragonette, just gorgeous.
Aww poor Jess, hope she gets on ok with the teacher....bless.
And poor Abi, glad she's ok, she could have done herself some damage....
Hope you are all ok......

Michele B. said...

Your work is so lovely! The quote on your finish is one of the most beautiful ones ever. The card is a very special gift. And that framed piece is gorgeous! Hope all goes well with Abi and Jess today.

Kajsa said...

I love all your finishes! The La D Da is beautiful, I think that's my favorite.

Poor Jessica, it's so though when they are in situations like that. I hope you can sort things out.

Stitcher said...

Lovely finishes, I'm sure Jess will be OK once she gets in to a routine, I think they try to push them over the edge at first, in the hope they'll drop a subject, just so they have less to teach. I'm sure the homework goes down as the course goes on.

Anonymous said...

All of your pieces are so gorgeous, Sally, very inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Love is patient is gorgeous and the framed dragon looks great!

I hope all goes well for your daughters!

Mindi said...

Love is Patient turned out beautiful on the pink fabric!

Carol said...

Some lovely finishes Sally! Just love your framed Dragonette and Royal Blossoms is gorgeous!

Hope everything works out well for Jess and that Abi is feeling better now!

Stitchingranny said...

All your stitching looks great Sally and love the frame. Fingers crossed for Jess.

Lisa said...

Love all your finishes Sally, I can't keep up with you lol. Hope things are settling down for Jess and Abi is feeling better.

Unknown said...

What a lovely finish Sally.

How did Jess get on with the head of section? or are all your ears still ringing from his yelling?

Mary Ann said...

Lovely finishes, Sally! And, perfect framing for Dragonette!!

Deb said...

Dear Sally, You've been busy! Love all your finishes, especially your dragon! What a beauty!
Hugs,
Deb

stitcherw said...

Wonderful finishes, and Dragonlette looks fantasic all framed up. Sorry to hear Abi fell, hope the bruising and soreness go away quickly.
Sue

Tracy Dixon said...

Your La D Da looks lovely I seen it on Jayne's site as well, Dragonette looks just perfect framed I love the colour of the mount that you picked