Sunday 24 February 2008

A Spring Finish:)

It didn't take me long to stitch up my new start I showed the other day and I think those of you who tried to guess what I showed will be surprised what it actually is! Lol!

Shepherd's Bush Monthly Musings Lamb


Stitched on 10 count cream Tula


DMC threads


JABC Buttons

I am not terribly keen on the Tula fabric but I bought this a few years ago with fabric and button pack so thought I may as well use it. The picture I showed the other day was part of the ball of wool and knitting needles:) I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it off yet but I fancy a box finish. Next time I get a chance to go to Hobbycraft I'll see if I can a rectangular box the right size.

Last night I stitched on Chris' RR and it was so strange going from 10 count fabby to 36 count! It took a bit of adjusting to but I got there! I hope to finish my bit on the RR tonight:)

I know I'm very late with this but have an of you not seen this? It is Bygone Stitches Quaker Christmas and I've been looking at this longingly since it came out last year. It is huge but oh so pretty. I've been following Carol's progress of it on her blog and there is also a SAL blog with some lovely WIPs.


I may well treat myself to this later on in the year. I've already picked out a green and gold thread and thought about fabric I could use! Lol! A girl can dream!

Thank you for all your lovely comments on my ruched ribbon edge finish:) I wasn't the only one to try this as Carol finished hers off this way too!

Hugs

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

The SB Lamb looks cute. I loved the way you finished the monthly challenge at JA. I still have to choose how to finish mine. Hoping to finish tonight though. LOL You are right Bygone Stitches Qaker Christmas is stunning and I have also been following Carol´s progress. Hope you have a lovely sunday.

Karen said...

SB Lamb looks good , I still prefer my answer lol ;O)

Julie said...

Cute finish, i had no idea what it was LOL

Quaker looks nice, already sorted threads and fabby mmmm you will definately be getting this one then LOL
{{huggles}}

Andrea said...

SB Lamb looks lovely, looking forward to seeing how you finish it. The SAL challenge is a wonderful piece. A lovely bit of ruching too.

Stitcher said...

Great finish, I look forward to seeing a box finish with it. I love Quaker Christmas too.

Mylene said...

Love it, Sally. It's beautiful!

stitcherw said...

Your SB finish is so pretty, I'll bet it would make a lovely box. Your previous finish of the heart with the ribbon edgeing was beautiful too. The ribbon edging was such a nice touch, and a perfect way to set off a heart. I've been watching Carol stitch Quaker Christmas, and it is a gorgeous piece. I didn't realize how large it was in total though, it's another huge piece. I so admire people that can stick with it to do those, I seem to do better with the smaller ones.
Sue

Michelle said...

Your finish is sweet.. That Quaker Christmas is beautiful but I would need a lifetime to do it!

Michelle

Dawn T. said...

Awww...the SB finish is adorable!

Wanda said...

Oh the SB finish is perfect has me thinking of Spring!I have Seen the Quaker Christmas and it is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love your "Lamb" finish. I actually stitched this one once, but alas, I sold it on ebay a couple of years ago. It seems you and I have a lot of the same tastes.

Karan said...

Oops, didn't guess it even though I saw the pic on JA earlier - Doh!
Love it & the cutie cuddly. :0)
Wow, the QC piece looks quite a challenge. Hope you manage to get the chart, as I'd love to watch this one develop. :0)

Stitchabilities said...

Oh that is a lovely design,Oh I have been watching carol's progress of Quaker Christmas it is certainly a stunning piece!

Laura said...

What a cute finish on the SB Monthly lamb. I think it would make an adorable box. And I am another one who admires Carol's Quaker Christmas....a green and gold thread for it sounds wonderful.

BeckySC said...

That came out just too cute!! Love it :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lamb is just lovely! And the Quaker is a gorgoeus piece...lots of people stitching that lovely :)

Sue said...

Adorable finish. I love Quaker Christmas, but don't have it in my stash yet ;)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely little finish.

Tracy Dixon said...

Sally I have tagged you

Sachiko said...

SB Lamb looks lovely!

Anonymous said...

What a precious design! Congrats on such a quick finish. :)

Anonymous said...

Really sweet lamb finish!

I bought Quaker Christmas back when it first came out but haven't started it yet.

Yuko said...

Sally, SB's finish is very lovely, although I can't imagine how 10ct is... lol
And you are also longingly looking at Quaker Christmas???
Me too! I'm always thinking about it, what to do, try or not? lol
It's because it's very large and will take so much time to finish, but it's just for Christmas, so I won't be able to display it whole year...
uhmmmm.... just dreaming about it, it will be nightmare if I think about it too deeply,lol

Michelle said...

What a cute SB finish! Congrats! I am also drooling over that Quaker Christmas chart - I want it sooo bad!