Wednesday 13 February 2008

Some Updates

I have had quite a good stitching week so far this week for all me and the girls were playing on the Wii for a while on Monday evening but I managed to tear myself away to do some stitching! Lol! As you will all know by now Monday is Just Nan Queen of the Needle SAL with Helen and this time I completed the verse and the other bunny. Just have a bit of backstitch to do and I can move onto the next band but that won't be for two weeks as while Helen is away I'm not going to stitch on it. Hopefully the image will be clickable so you can see it better as it's a bit small! Still loving stitching this.

And another one I'm still loving stitching is Ink Circles Sea Stars; my Tuesday SAL with Karen. Last week I didn't get any done as I wasn't feeling well enough to stitch but last night I got quite a bit stitched whilst watching Holby City and CSI:) I got the motif I was working on last time finished, stitched another one then made a start on the octopus. I just love how this one stitches up.

Also thought I'd post a piccie of the page I've got done on Chris' RR. This is a lovely piece to stitch and I'm so pleased we decided on this RR. Chris chose DMC 791 for hers and it looks gorgeous. Abi is going to a friend's this afternoon so I think I'll make a start on another page and concentrate on that for the afternoon.

Yesterday I received my Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #29 Where My Heart Blooms with the suggested fabric. I must say that the fabric is a little, er, strange but I'm sure it'll be fine! Lol! The chart is absolutely gorgeous and I can hardly wait to start stitching on it!

My DH is due back from his course tonight so me and the girls are looking forward to his return, even though he can be a pain at times! LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good week. I'm sorry if I haven't caught up with all your blogs yet but I will get around to it at some point!

31 comments:

Dawn T. said...

All your WIP's are fantastic!!

Lynn said...

QOTN is looking gorgeous Sally :) Every time I see your updates I think 'I must get mine out and make a start' but something else always crops up lol
Ink Circles is so colourful, i love it :)

Anonymous said...

Sally, I am loving all of your stitching! They all look marvelous. Sea stars is spectacular and QOTN as always is so charming. The quaker bird is lovely.

Nicki said...

Lucky you getting your chart and fabric already! :) The fabric is Korty's Special Blend isn't it? Never seen it IRL but it's supposed to be quite green?

Karan said...

Queen & SS are really coming on now. The Quaker RR looks great too - interesting to watch everyone's progress. :0)
Nice stash too.

Mylene said...

Such great progress you have done, Sally. My favorite is Just Nan Queen and i will surely add it to my wishlist.

Julie said...

So pleased you are having a better week this week, wonderful progress.

Whats wrong with the fabby ????

lots of love xxx

Veronica said...

I love looking at both your WiP pics. I'm really considering getting JN Queen now.

Anonymous said...

both WIPS are looking great! Looking forward to your new start :)

Stitcher said...

Enjoying the progress on JN and IC. The new boook looks good, look forward to seeing it.

Yuko said...

Sally! What amazing works you are working on!!
Your Just Nan looks so beautiful, I can't wait to see your finished piece!!!
And other projects are also wonderful!
I also ordered BBD Loose Feathers #29, but ordered 40ct linen, I don't know I would be able to manage it or not, lol but will see!
Me either won't be able to wait to start stitching it once when it arrived!
Happy Stitching!

Yuko

Anonymous said...

Great stitching updates!
QOTN is just beautiful and I love your colourful Sea stars!

Nicola said...

Great progress on your WIP's Sally. The RR looks lovely. The Blackbird chart is gorgeous, but I'm not being tempted as I'm very firmly back on the wagon. Have to stay there too or I won't finish everything that I already have.

Samantha said...

I love seeing your progress on your SALs Sally! QOTN is really coming along now.

Andrea said...

Great progress on your WIPS. Love watching your updates on QOTN, I really like that.

Nancy said...

I have seen your blog mentioned on a couple I visit so I had to come and pay you a visit!

Your stitching is gorgeous, and I will look forward to more progress on your projects.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Christine said...

It's coming along just beautifully Sally. You have such great taste in all your chosen patterns.

Mario Party 8 rocks!!! :-)

TeresaB said...

Yeah! Another bunny on QOTN. It's looking wonderful. Well, so are the rest of your WIPs you showed today. Just lovely.

Wanda said...

I love your sea circles the colors are awesome! I might have to break down and start collecting the BBD series this year I think it is going to be a great stitch.

Dani - tkdchick said...

All of your wips are just fantastic!

Sue said...

You've been busy stitching!! Your SS is just stunning ;)

sammyjo said...

wow your sea starsare coming along great their very pretty.

Paula said...

OOhhh Sally your JN is stunning and Sea Stars is fab too.
So glad you had a better week this week...
Hugs....

Michelle said...

You've really made great progress on your projects! So, why is the fabric "strange" for the Loose Feathers? I plan to do this one so do you recommend the fabric??

Michelle

stitcherw said...

They both are looking so pretty, but Sea Stars is still my favorite. With its bright colors and fun motifs it's irresistible. Glad you got your Loose Feather order, why is the fabric strange?
Sue

Sachiko said...

All your stitches are very beautiful!I love all!!

Kyriaki said...

I got your PIF :)

A 'teaser' pic is in my blog, I'll post the proper one when I have light tomorrow (it's almost midnight here)

The postal service is very fast! Thankyou, it's beautiful!

Solstitches said...

Love everything you've shown in this post Sally.
The more I see of QOTN the more I want to start it myself.
Are you using the silks or DMC?
The Ink Circles WIP is gorgeous also.
Lucky you to have the new Loose Feathers. I'm so tempted by the 2008 series. I usually like the R & R fabrics but they do smell a bit weird sometimes.

Kajsa said...

Your progresses looks great! The fabric for WMHB is kind of growing on me. I did a floss toss and I think it will be pretty.

Deb said...

Love all your WIPs, Sally! They are just beautiful to see. And your darling PIF is awesome, too. I need to get mine off to you...but you shouldn't see it coming! :] Sea Creatures looks so good on your light fabric! Hugs, Deb

Michelle said...

So many beautiful pieces in the post! Your QOTN is looking so beautiful - I really need to get back to mine. And I love love love Sea Stars!