Thursday 29 November 2007

Just a Little Stitching

I only have a little bit of stitching to show this week as we've been so busy Christmas shopping plus last night was the GCSE Celebration Evening at Jessica's school and all I wanted to do when we got home was sit, relax and watch Heroes:) The celebration evening was really nice and all the students who had said they would be there were presented with their GCSE certificates:) Of course Jess had to wait until the last batch of names were called out so she was yawning and getting rather bored:)

Anyway Monday night was SAL night with Helen so out came Just Nan Queen of the Needle. I didn't get a great deal done but was fairly happy with it anyway. I love the colours so far as they are so pretty. I'll eventually get around to seeing how Helen did this week when I catch up on blogs!

Tuesday evening is UFO night on Stitch and Stash so out came HAED Winter. Again I didn't get as much done as I would have liked as we'd been to Meadowhall in Sheffield and I was tired! Anyway I did manage to finish the 10 rows I'd been working on last week and make a start on the next 10 so progress was made; albeit a little:) I should be stitching on this all week this week but I think I'll carry on with the second bourse tonight so that I can get it finished, made up and wrapped.

I did manage to make up the ornament I have stitched for some family friends and I even managed the beaded finish but not without a fair bit of cursing and crossed eyes! Lol! I have no picture to share as yet as it's been way too dull when we've got back home from shopping to take a decent picture so that'll be something to show another day.
I keep forgetting to show you part 11 of Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV! I have photos on the camera but forgot all about them. Somebody please remind me for the next time I blog! Part 12 came out this week but I don't know when I'll get around to stitching it!

Tuesday I received my birthday discount letter from Needlecraft Corner but I didn't think I was going to take advantage of it this year as I have had a few new charts since coming off the chart wagon but I have changed my mind! I shall be placing an order in December but I'm not saying what although I will say it is not on my wish list!
Jess' biology group have gone to Salford University today. She left the house at 7am and won't be back at school until 7.30pm so I think she might just be tired when she gets in! She texted me a while ago to say she'd had a good day.

Christmas shopping has gone quite well and we have done what we are doing in brick and mortar shops; the rest is getting done online. It has been a bit of a nightmare as my Dad and DH's Dad give us money to get the girls what they would like and for us to get what we would like. Well this year it has been easy for DH to spend the money my Dad gave for me and we have pooled the money his Dad gave us to get something. I have struggled a bit to get DH something from my Dad but I think by the time I'm done it should be OK! Of course as the girls get older they don't know what they want so it's more difficult and they would rather have presents than money so we have struggled a little but think we have got there! Then there's getting presents for DH's brother and his family, my sister and partner plus both our Dad's. This year we asked his brother and family as they just buy their kids what they want when they want it so chances are they will already have what you've bought them. Anyway I am now less bah humbug than I was at last Saturday and actually starting to look forward to Christmas!

Well I am going to catch up on a few blogs for a bit. I hope everyone is having a good week. Tomorrow evening we're going to our town's Christmas lights switch on:)

20 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Your SAL is looking good Sally, cant wait to get on to using floss, as finding the perle heavy going.

Winter is progressing nicely too.

Julie said...

JN and winter look wonderful Sally. Enjoy your xmas lights switch on tomorrow night, ours went on last weekend and they had flurries of snow whilst Wallace and Grommit turned them on apparently LOL

Karen said...

I love your start on the JN , winter is coming along well

Anonymous said...

Your JN SAL is looking beautiful - this is definately a pattern that I´d like to stitch one day. Winter is progressing well too. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Michelle said...

I love your Just Nan~that is so pretty done. Can't wait to see your progress.. Michelle

Kendra said...

I agree - the colors on the Just Nan piece are really pretty! I've done a couple of Just Nan pieces and I really like the way she designs things...it's all so elegant, yet simple.

sammyjo said...

both projects are looking good they'll be done in no time lol

Mylene said...

Both of your progress are going great, sally.
You mentioned 'heroes', and my DH is very disappointed as he was waiting it for tonight to watch but the program was changed!

Nic said...

I think your JN is going to look really pretty.

You're braver than I am, going to Meadow-hell - but perhaps next time you go, we could meet up :o)

Anonymous said...

The JN is looking good - really like the colours in that one!

You're making good progress on Winter. Remember, a couple of rows here and a couple of rows there all count!

You know you have to tell us what you're planning on ordering, right? Inquiring minds and all that... :D

Nicola said...

Great start on Queen of the Needle Sally. I shall enjoy watching it grow.

Lelia said...

Hi Sally:

You seem to accomplish a lot of stitching with your busy schedule. Lovely projects!! Very nice blog : )

Karan said...

Great progress on the SAL (so pretty) and WIP Sally.
Well done on being so organised with the Xmas shopping - just about done mine too. Have fun at the light switch on. :0)

stitcherw said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Both your pieces are looking good, I especially love the colors in the JN piece. I haven't started decorating or really even shopping yet, so my next couple weeks are going to be quite busy too.
Sue

Hazel said...

Lovely start and great Haed progress. Hey I'm not that far from Sheffield about 45 mins drive. I'm thinking a future meet up may be in order lol. xx

Wanda said...

Glad you stopped by my blog, can't wait to see your progress on JN looks good so far. The winter piece looks very hard to stitch.

Nancy in IL said...

Sally, I dearly LOVE the JN piece Queen of the Needle, which I have and been wanting to start. I love your fabric and hate what it shows on the face of the pattern---TOO pink, yet when I go to see your fabric, it looks different than yours. Looks like I need to go to my LNS and do a floss toss.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and it's always a pleasure to see what you've been doing. You do wonderful things, and I enjoy reading about your life.

Samantha said...

Oooh, Winter is coming along nicely Sally, as is your JN. Great stitching as always :o)

Paula said...

Hi Sally your Just Nan is really pretty.... and I love Winter too...it's growing for you.
I can't blog from work anymore, how cruel and mean are my IT... lol
Happy stitching

Michelle said...

Beautiful progress on your WIPs - I love Queen of the Needle!