Monday 9 July 2007

Summer Afternoon WIP

I spent last week stitching on Chatelaine Summer Afternoon but didn't get too much done really. I did get it to where I wanted to be at the end of the week so I am happy as far as that goes. I have to admit that this piece drove me mad this week! Lol! The area with the over one flowers was a pig as the symbols were so tiny they were difficult to see but I perservered and managed to complete it without too many hitches! I decided to stitch the butterfly this time but made a bit of a hash of that! The half stitches should have been done with Rainbow Gallery pearl braid but I misread and ended up doing them with Kreinik but I like how it looks so have left it:) Next time it comes out I just have the bottom band to stitch so I may have another finish then! The scan isn't the full thing; I have just scanned the bits that I've stitched which are the butterfly in the middle, the flowers and the honeycombs.

So I started on HAED Summer ACEO early this week and added about 400 stitches to it last night. I'm hoping to get close to finishing it by the end of the week so we shall see how I do! If I can stay off this PC after tea and get stitching instead I might be in with half a chance! If I manage to get it finished I won't be adding anything to that slot in my rotation as I want to finish the other quick stitch as well before I start another one.

Would anybody be interested in buying my Fancy Work Lavender Rose Sewing Case chart? I know it's not that long since I bought it but I have decided that I will probably not stitch it and I have seen another one by AMAP that is more "me"! I'm afraid I'll have to restrict this to the UK so if you are interested please email me . SOLD

Just two weeks and it'll be the summer holidays! Wahooooooo! No more getting up early if I don't want to and no more homework etc for Abi! DH has got two weeks later on in the hols but no idea what we'll be doing!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. It's sunny here at the moment but looking at the sky that isn't going to last!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally

Love the Chatelaine Summer... so pretty.

I have to stitch a chatelaine some day

Julie said...

This is gorgeous Sally, i did a lot on Leo this weekend too LOL

Anonymous said...

Summer Afternoon is looking great!

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your newly-started HAED. :)

Sue said...

Summer Afternoon is beautiful ;)

jane said...

your chatelaine is lovely, Sally, well done!

Paula said...

Summer is lovely Sally and I love the butterfly...
Its still raining here, it's unbelievable, I don't think we had this much rain during the winter.....
Happy stitching and huggles to you...

Carol said...

Sally, I love your new template!
And, Summer Afternoon is gorgeous!!!! Hmmm, maybe I will make that my next start??

Karen said...

very pretty stitching

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so pretty. I've never seen it before. Oh dear, another one for my wish list lol

Stitchingranny said...

That is gorgeous Sally and the butterfly looks so pretty.
After a sunny weekend I feel much sunnier today to. Though we did get a short sharp shower this morning.

Ranae said...

SA is looking gorgeous as ever, sally!

stitcherw said...

The butterfly is lovely, and it sounds like you've made great progress on your HAED as well. As to the computer, it is amazing how much time it can consume isn't it.
Sue

Carol said...

Summer Afternoon is looking gorgeous Sally!

tintocktap said...

Wow - Summer Afternoon is gorgeous! I'm suffering Chatelaine withdrawal symptoms right now lol, don't know when I'll get back to St Pete!

Hazel said...

That is looking stunning! Doh wish I'd seen your post ealier cos I would have bought your lavender case - its beautiful. Never mind eh. Where did you get it from btw I may have to go buy it. xx

Anonymous said...

I just love your work! The Chatelaine design is gorgeous! I would love to do one of theirs one day, they are so lovely. Kudos to you for your committment to such a large project.

Kajsa said...

That is gorgeous!

Stitcher said...

Summer afternoon is looking wonderful.
Now I would have had that chart, but I'm on the wagon.

Samantha said...

That's beautiful Sally! Such lovely sparklies too :o)

Unknown said...

Looks stunning Sally.

Patty said...

Sally, I just ordered this myself--it's really beautiful!

Did you have any trouble with the chart? I have a symbol I'm not sure what color it belongs with, and I'm a little unsure about some of the backstitching colors and such.

Do you have any tips you can share? (The symbol I'm having trouble with is a circle that is half filled on top, half empty on the bottom.)

I'll keep checking your blog...