Monday 23 July 2007

Some Making Up:)

I have been busy with my sewing machine yesterday and today. I can't show everything as some of it is secret but I can show two needlebooks that I made up with bits I finished recently. The first one is the Papillon Creations freebie Love Letters. It is a little bit big maybe for a needlebook but I am really pleased how it turned out for a first attempt:) I chose a plain calico fabric to back this with and it also added some strength to it.

Next is San Man Originals I Flip for the Ocean. This turned out tiny so may be a bit better for a needlebook but I guess it doesn't really matter what size they are! I don't think this one turned out as well as the first one but I did have to unpick it and start over when I realised it was opening the wrong way! Lol! I am happy with my first two attempts though:)

I am halfway through making up my Little House Needleworks Where There is Life. I didn't really want to frame it but didn't know what else to do with it so that is why it has been in the drawer so long waiting to see the light of day. So look out for another piccie later in the week:)

Onto what I've been stitching:) I haven't had a full week stitching on Just Nan Spring in the Air as I wanted to finish HAED Summer ACEO so I only managed to finish the bunny band and the next band but I love how it looks. I should finish it next time :) I also decided that I needed to get part 7 of Chatelaine Christmas Mystery IV done seen as part 8 should be out on Wednesday and I really don't want to get behind with it or I'll end up not stitching it all. So here's my progress pics on those two pieces.

So this week I'm back to HAED Quick Stitch Dragonette this week. I'm hoping to get page 2 finished then I'll only have two more pages to do but not full ones. It'll be nice to have another HAED finish then I can start Girly Gothic for Abi.

DH's uncle's funeral was lovely. I know that sounds a bit daft but it was a real celebration of his life rather than a morbid service. The church was packed and the collection at the end of the service raised somewhere in the region of £500 for the dialysis unit at Scarborough Hospital.

Hope you are all having a good start to the week and it's been fine where you are.

21 comments:

Michele said...

Sally, I love your needlebooks! I think you did a lovely job :)

I'm glad the funeral went well . it's soo nice when they are a celebration of one's life isn't it!

Stitcher said...

Sally, you have some great finishes, and I'm wondering about Christmas mystery. What you have shown, is not what i expected.

Karen said...

the needlebooks look super, 3500 is a greaat amount to be raised I am glad you went to the funeral

Anonymous said...

Glad the funeral went well.

Your finishes are lovely :)

Ranae said...

Your needlebooks are fabulous, great job.

Stitchingranny said...

Well done Sally, a needlebook is something I want to try too so I hope mine will turn out as well as yours.

Just Nan is beautiful, aren't these samplers just such a joy to stitch.

Re the mystery - ummmm not what I was expecting either - I like this bit lol - maybe you could take a big picture for us so we can see how it looks altogether.

Sue said...

Wow, you've been very busy. Your finishes are just lovely ;)

Anonymous said...

Your stitching finishes look great! One of these days I will brave a needlebook finish. Meari (Meari's musings blog) has a great tutorial that I will try sometime. Congrats!

Julie said...

WTG Sally, i love your needelbooks. JN is looking good too. Fantastic amount raised at Uncles funeral, bet the hospital were thrilled

Mylene said...

Great finishes with the needlebook, Sally.

Paula said...

More lovely finishes as always Sally, well done.
Hmm Christmas Mystery time again tomorrow,looking forward to seeing more if this. Are you still disliking it??
Happy stitching and Huggles to you

lena-lou said...

Wooo hooo your needlebooks have turned out wonderful, I am so pleased for you and bet you are glad you have done them :-)))

Anita said...

Wow, those needlebooks are so pretty and I love your JN piece.

stitcherw said...

Your projects are looking great, and the needlebooks turned out lovely. Glad the service went well and was uplifting.
Sue

Mary Ann said...

Lovely finishes and lovely stitching!! I'm glad the service went well.

Annie Bee said...

what a great job you did of your finishing. I love the designs you chose.

Anonymous said...

Your needle books look stunning, I love the Love letters one, if you will excuse the pun. And I love the charm on the Ocean one. *HUGS*

Samantha said...

Beautiful work Sally - all your stitching & finishing looks great! I really adore Love Letters too :o)

Michelle said...

All the pieces look lovely! Congrats on finishing the needlebooks, they came out great.

Anonymous said...

Both needlebooks look fantastic! Your other projects look lovely too - you've been very busy!! :)

Glad to hear that the service went so well, and the money raised will be appreciated.

BeckySC said...

Both needlebooks are wonderful! Congratulations!