Friday 6 July 2007

A Change is As Good As a Rest and a Surprise!

As you can see I have a new name for my blog but the link remains the same! LOL! Like Lizzy I couldn't think of a name for it when I first started it up but now, thanks to Julie, I have a better one! No doubt Julie will now be wondering why it's thanks to her! So I shall explain:)

This morning I received a lovely surprise in the post from Julie. It is this gorgeous ornament. Isn't she beautiful? The story behind her is when Julie was looking for a chart to stitch for the monthly ornament SAL on a board she belongs to ( the theme was angel) she came across this one. She says " There was only one lady who could possibly have this when it was finished- the first "Stitchyangel" I encountered when I joined the MBs". Thank you so much Julie, she is gorgeous and will take pride of place on the mantlepiece in my living room. So this got me thinking and I thought why on earth did I not give my blog a name to do with Stitchyangel?! So I have a name for my blog that I am happy with! The treasures are my DH, my two DDs, my stitching and, of coursem all my stitching friends:).

I also have a not so brilliant picture to share of my framed Papillon Creations Simple Little Quaker. I tried yesterday to take some but I don't think my mood has helped much and I didn't get a good one. This one isn't perfect but it does show the frame off quite well. When I took this in to the framers I had got my heart set on a particular frame but when I saw it against it it did not look right so I ended up with two completely different ones. This goldy coloured one does have a red tinge to it so I decided it suited this design perfectly.

The weather has been a mixture here this week. Lots of rain, thunder and lightening ( an aerial on a house was struck by ball lightening on Monday setting the roof on fire), hail and sunshine. Talk about all the seasons in one go!

Thank you to everybody who commented on my last post. You were all so very sweet and I took everything you said on board. I think it has just been one of those weeks and, hopefully, next week will feel better and brighter. I have suffered from low moments for many years now and lacked confidence in lots of things. Tuesday night's Holby City and the Connie storyline when it came out about her Mum got to me and I had tears streaming down my face, whilst trying to look calm and composed and pretending my eyes were itching and watery ( which they do!). It just brought back too many memories for me of my teenage years.

Well I had better go and get some lunch for Jess and I. We're having what's left of the homemade quiche I made yesterday:) Yummy. Have a great weekend everyone!

17 comments:

Deb said...

Sally, your Quaker piece is so beautiful! I just love it...and your reds. Isn't that the prettiest fob from Julie!? She is so dear to make it for you.
Hugs,
Deb

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift! Your Quaker looks lovely framed up too!

Carol said...

What a wonderful gift!!!! And your sampler looks wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Lynn said...

Sally, your little quaker looks fabulous in that frame, well done on your choice :)
Your angel gift is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Your Papillon Quaker sampler is gorgeous! I think you definiately made the right choice with that frame. I just bought a Papillon sampler this week and am just waiting for my fabric to arrive.

What a lovely gift :o)

I like your new name too!

Paula said...

Hi Sally, oh wow, what a gorgeous surprise from Julie..bet you were shocked and so happy at the same time. It's really lovely.
I love the frame for yor Quaker piece it suits it perfectly.
Hope you're feeling better today....
Huggles and Happy stitching....

Sue said...

Lovely gift you received and your Simple Little Quaker looks wonderful framed ;)

jane said...

Lovely gift and I like the way Simple Little Quaker is framed.

Julie said...

So pleased Royal Mail behaved and it arrived safely with you Sally {{hugs}}

Quaker is gorgeous, a perfect frame for it

Susimac said...

I love the gift you received and the lovely story about it. Your new blog name is great. Simple little quaker looks wonderful framed - good choice

Ranae said...

I love your new blog name. The gift is beautiful and the framing really sets off the Quaker, gorgeous!!

Juls said...

Love the new blog name! It so fits you!!! Such a lovely gift!!! And your Quaker is wonderful!!!!

Mylene said...

Such a lovely story and gift from Jullie. The framed quaker looks great.

Samantha said...

What a lovely gift! Your framed sampler looks great too Sally. Love the new name ;o)

stitcherw said...

The angel ornament is beautiful, what a lovely gift. Your Quaker piece looks great framed as well.
Sue

Bev said...

the sampler looks stunning framed. i really need to get my stuff off to the framers, but i always buy more stash and then the moneys gone hmm should have married a rich man lol,

the new of your blog is great!!

Carol said...

Love the new blog name Sally...it's so you! I had the same problem trying to think of a name, which is why I'm Just Carol! It'll have to stay that way for a while yet I think...I'm hopeless at thinking up names!

Your gift from Julie is gorgeous and you must be so thrilled with your Simple Little Quaker, it looks wonderful framed! :o)