Monday 30 July 2007

Secret Stitching Revealed!

As it is Julie's birthday today- Happy Birthday Julie!!!- I can now share my secret stitching:) I do hope you like it Julie:)

This is the stitcher's pocket I stitched for Julie. I used the mail art envelope from The Gift of Stitching for the outline and some of the stitching as well as one of the pieces by With My Needle from the Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue.The thread I chose is a Stephi Francis silk. For the making up I used Ashleigh's tutorial as listed in Focus on Finishing Thanks for a fantastic tutorial Ashleigh! I am delighted with the way this has turned out and I intend on making more in the future:)

Last week it was the turn of HAED QS Dragonette by Jacqueline Visconti- Tilley. I finished page 2 and almost finished page 3 finished I had to put her away! I was going to carry on with her this week to get her finished but have decided to wait until she comes up again in my rotation. Here is my progress from last time. I am very pleased with the progress I have made this time. I am looking forward to getting this piece finished and starting another quick stitch! Lol!

This week I shall be stitching on Papillon Creations Serendipity. Hopefully I will get part 8 stitched ready for when part 9 is released:) I can't wait to see what the final part will be! Then my rotation will start all over again and there will be no changes until Dragonette is finished. I really like how this rotation works and it's so easy to stick to.

We actually managed to get out in the garden and give it a really good tidy up. DH cut the conifer hedge round the back as the blackbirds have finally flown their nest. The garden now looks a lot tidier. I should say this very quietly just in case but we haven't had any rain, as such, since Thursday! Hooray! We did have a little after tea last night and it was really strange as over the hedge it was raining heavier than it was in our garden! Lol!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week and you stay dry. I think it's supposed to be fine for the rest of the week:)

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

The stitcher´s pocket for Julie is beautiful Sally. I will have to try this out some day. Also love seeing the progress you are making with your HAED. Hope you have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I can't understand why you were so worried about your finishing skills! You did a beautiful job of Julie's gift, both the stitching AND the finishing. I'm glad you're finding the FOF blog useful :)

We're on about our 3rd successive day of sunshine and no rain and the forecast is good for this week. Maybe we will have some kind of summer after all!

Paula said...

Oh Sally that's gorgeous, Julie will love it.
Dragonette is nearly finished, bet you can't wait.
Hope the reain stays away for you....
Happs stitching and huggles to you......

Anonymous said...

The gift that you stitched for Julie looks stunning, and your HAED QS is coming along well and look forward to seeing it finished next time that you work on it. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

As Karenv said "why so worried?" it's stunning Sally and I am sure Julie will love it!
Haed is looking good too :)

Julie said...

Sally ... I LOVE IT !!!!

thank you so much, your stitching is so perfect and your making up skills are fantastic

{{{big hug}}} and lots of love

p.s. Dragonette looks good too

Unknown said...

Lucky you with no rain. It's quite nice here today though.

You did an amazing job of Julie's gift. Well done.

lena-lou said...

This looks so fantastic and professional...what were you thinking a few postings ago...lol ;-)) It is really wonderful and no wonder your friend is delighted :))
Have a nice week, summer has landed in the north today, I have even took my jacket off this afternoon!

Michelle said...

Your stitcher's pocket is gorgeous! What a beautiful gift!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sally! The Stitcher's pocket is sooo lovely! I hope I can make something like that someday. I tried to make a cross stitched needle minder last night and I am not pleased with how it turned out and that is a very small item. Kudos!

Hazel said...

Oh my word that pocket is incredible!! You must be so pleased with it. Your Haed is coming along great too. You do zip through these don't you! xx

Tracy Dixon said...

Great Dragon, I love the purples you've ussed on Julie's Stitcher's Pocket

Sue said...

Oh, the stitcher's pocket you made is just lovely and that HAED design is awesome ;)

Karen said...

lovely stitching Sally well done

Ranae said...

The stitchers pockey is fabulous, Sally! HAED is coming along great.

Ranae said...

hehe pockey? I meant pocket.

Anonymous said...

Your pocket looks gorgeous - well done!!

HAED is coming along nicely. I do like the Dragonette. :)

Mary Ann said...

The gift for Julie is beautiful, Sally! And Dragonette is looking great!!

Mo said...

Your stitchers pocket is really beautiful Sally. And that HAED project looks like so much work. The effect is stunning though.

Annie Bee said...

Wow Sally your stitchers Pocket is stunning - just love the colors and well done on Dragonette I can see I am going to have to get my dancing shoes out.

Jacqui said...

What a beautiful pocket, lucky Julie.

Michele said...

it's lovely Sally!!! WTG :)

Samantha said...

What a beautiful gift Sally! You've done a great job of finishing it. Your HAED is coming along so quickly too & is looking good. :o)

Mylene said...

WoW! That's a beautiful gift. Sally. Well done and lucky Julie..!

Anita said...

Wow, the gift is just stunning and great finishing.

Deb said...

Sally, Your stitching gift for Julie is beautiful. No wonder she loves it!!
And, I stitch HAEDs, as you know, so I can truly say your Dragonette is awesome. It's just dazzling with depth of color, Sally.
Hugs,
Deb

Carol said...

The stitcher's pocket you made for Julie is gorgeous Sally, bet she was absolutely thrilled with it. Another finish I shall have to try some day!

Great progress on Dragonette, shouldn't be too long now before you are finished! :o)

stitcherw said...

Your stitchers pocket turned out beautifully, such a lovely color and so delicate.
Sue