Monday 1 October 2007

It's Finished!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay I have another finish and it's a bigger one!!! Yes I finished Chatelaine Summer Afternoon yesterday so I am one happy bunny:) It seemed to take me ages to add the beads on the last band so it's a good job I beaded as I went along with the rest of it or I could have been sat there ages! I have even finished it up, added a bell pull, made a tassel and hung it with Chatelaine Winter's Eve in my bedroom:) I have taken a piccie but it really does NOT do it justice. I do wish we could afford a better digital camera as I just don't seem to be able to get a decent photo of a complete piece with this one but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. This is before I did the tassel. I also took some close-up pics.


So that's 2 down and 2 to go of the Chatelaine seasons! I did enjoy stitching this for all I did get a bit fed-up of it towards the end and it's really pretty in real life. I will see if I can get a better photo.

That's another slot in my rotation free. Not sure what I'll fill this one with. Possibly the Winter Sampler from Cross Stitcher; I think it was issue 181 but not sure! It's on my goals for this year and as we're into October I guess I better get a move on, although I've done well anyway:) I also want to get on with Christmas presents for DH's aunties ( they are getting a bourse each) and some other stuff.

The birthday present for my friend is coming along OK but I ran out of one of the threads last night so had to work round it. I should, finger's crossed, have it finished tomorrow afternoon then I can get it made up and posted. I believe Royal Mail are striking again in a few days so I want to get it off a bit earlier. Then I might make a start on a Christmas ornament for the exchange I'm in. I wanted to wait until my JCS ornament mag arrived but it could be ages yet:(

I hope you've all had a good start to the week and it continues that way:) Hugs to you all!

30 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning Sally, Mr Stick is well pleased, but will miss you on Tuesday LOL

I like the one with the freesias on .... forgot what thats called

Karen said...

very pretty Sally I am a little disapointed I wasnt able to nag

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous finish! It's beautiful Sally. Well done.

Chiloe said...

It's beautiful !!! The chatelaine are so so nice !!! I think the pieces are always more beautiful in real life!!! I think we all know we need to add more colors to the pictures we see on the screen!!!

Michelle said...

WooHoo!!! Congratulations, it is gorgeous. I just love these designs by Martina, they are so different from the mandalas. Your finishing is wonderful too - you're quick!!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning piece Sally - so very beautiful. Congratulations on finishing.

BeckySC said...

It's just gorgeous, Sally :) WOW!! Congratulations :)

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on an absolutely beautiful finish, Sally!!

Ranae said...

Wow!
Thats gorgeous.
Congrats!!

Michele said...

Sally, it's lovely!!! congrats on the finish!

Jo said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

And I'm dancing along right with you as I just put the last beads in Fairy Flora about half an hour ago!!

Stitchingranny said...

Wow it really is lovely Sally - told you, you could do it lol.

Will look forward to seeing the others when you start them.

Michelle said...

Your work is just lovely.

Thanks for visiting my blog - this is really fun meeting people from all over!

Have a wonderful day,

Michelle

Mylene said...

WOW! It is simply beautiful. Congrats on the finish.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! But isn't this just so gorgeous!!

Mo said...

That's beautiful, Sally - such rich colours. I love doing bellpulls too.

Paula said...

Oh well done Sally that's really beautiful but Sally you never gave us a chance to nag you....tut lol
So when are you going to start Spring or Autumn huh??? lol
happy stitching......

Michele B. said...

Oh it's so beautiful! You are such an inspiration! I love the work you do.

Stitcher said...

Gorgeous finish, you did well on persevering at the end. Glad you stuck with it.

Claire said...

Absolutely stunning Sally - I love it! Well done on another great finish.

Hugs

Karan said...

Even with a dying graphics card I can see how beautiful this is - well done on persevering Sally. :0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finish :) Congrats!

Hazel said...

Wow Sally this is amazing! What a great finish. Well done to you. xx

Nicola said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sally. You must be so pleased that you persevered with it.

tintocktap said...

Well done on your Chatelaine finish - it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful finish Sally.

I love that winter scene from cross stitcher. I will stitch it one day.

Jane said...

Stunning finish, Sally! You do very beautiful work!

Kajsa said...

What a stunning finish! It's just beautiful!! Congratulations!

Deb said...

Sally, it's just stunning. Love the finishing, too. You've done yourself and Martina very proud.
Hugs,
Deb

Nancy in IL said...

Sally, this is simply scrumptious, but I love everything you stitch! Outstanding!