Sunday 23 June 2019

It's A Wrap!

Hello fellow bloggers and stitchers! It has been a few weeks since I was here last but I have not been slacking on the stitching front. I have even ( shush!) done a bit of finishing. Very simple finishing but it's still finishing. There are still lots in the pile to go at though.

So before I start showing my finishes etc I will apologise for my photos! I forgot to change my settings from when we'd been out taking photos at a nature reserve! 

My big finish news and the wrap in the title is this one.

With Thy Needle and Thread O Tannenbaum

36 count vintage country mocha linen

Classic Colorworks, GAST & WDW.

Started 1st February 2019

Finished 21st June 2019.




I am hoping my DH will make me a box tray thing to display it in as for me to get one from the States will probably cost an arm and a leg in shipping. I have been asking him ever since I bought the chart so I'm not holding out much hope really lol!

For my June ornament I chose another Brightneedle one.

Brightneedle To Thee A Very Merry 

28 count fabric

DMC threads

Started 2nd June 2019

Finished 13th June 2019

I have already decided to do another for my July ornament!

I saw that Lainey was stitching Shepherd's Bush I'm Dreaming so, as I had it in my stash, I had to join her! Such a cute stitch.

Shepherd's Bush I'm Dreaming

32 count vintage country mocha linen

DMC & WDW

Started 21st May 2019

Finished 4th June 2019

Now that I have finished O Tannenbaum and Barb has finished Kringle and Woolard we are having a new sheep start and that will be Plum Street Samplers Wool and Flax Company. Lainey is joining us.

Next month Sue and I are starting Little Dove Designs Christmas Wishes which I am very much looking forward to. I'm also joining in a Christmas/ Winter SAL on the LHN/CCN Facebook group. I will be stitching CCN Merry Christmas because I have it in my stash and it is kitted up. 

I have been making a little progress on A Saviour's Praise. I decided to choose my own colours for the alphabet but ended up having a frog the A as it didn't show up. I am now happier with it. Just deciding as I go along! 

Finally the bit of finishing I have been doing. I have a couple ready to sew up and another sewn up but have run out of white pom pom trim. I need a trip to Hobbycraft! 



That is all for now. See you in another week or so!

With much love Sally xxxx

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Sally .
Great finishing also .
You do stitch some lovely charts , have fun.

Mary said...

Oh my, you have certainly been productive in your absence! I love your finishes with the pom pom trims. I love the Tannenbaum stitch and hope you can motivate your husband to make you a tray. It is so lovely displayed that way. The Savior's Praise border is stunning. Mary

Linda said...

Congrats on the lovely finishes Sally.

Linda

Shebafudge said...

Wow sally. Lots of gorgeous finishes. They all look amazing and it is good to see that you are still around and blogging. xx

Kay said...

Lovely stitching. I especially like all of the white pom pom trim, it really sets off the design. x

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching and fantastic finishes.

Julie said...

What a fabulous border on Saviours Praise, very effective.
You have been busy with stitching and finishing. Lot of lovely things to see in this post.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh wow, look at you! So much lovely Christmas stitching.
Your finishes are adorable, I love how the pompoms look like snow.