Sunday 13 March 2011

Valentine Rose......

is finished!!!! I popped the final stitches into this gorgeous piece on Friday evening which meant I could start A Wish for You last night.

Blackbird Designs AotH #2 Valentine Rose

36 count Rosewood linen

GAST & DMC

Started 12th February 2011

Finished 11th March 2011

I dedicated this block to my maternal Grandma. The year is the year she married my Grandad ( they did not get married in February though), the initials in the heart shaped flower are my Grandad's and the number 12 on the door is the number of children they had :) I am really pleased with how this one turned out.

So onto A Wish for You now. This is the start I made last night.  I am thinking that this one may be for my paternal grandparents as I think they were married in March.

Finally my Thursday evening progress on The Primitive Needle By the Light of the Moon which I am stitching for the Spooky SAL as a tribute to Lisa Roswell.

Just a quick post today but I cannot end this without mentioning the  earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The images we are seeing are just horrific and my heart goes out to all the people there and those in other countries who are waiting to hear if relatives and friends are safe. I feel so sad that so many people have lost their lifes and those left behind are living in fear of further quakes and the explosions at the nuclear power plants. I will be continuing to keep them in my thoughts, especially our dear stitching friend Yuko and her family.

I will try to get caught up on blog reading tomorrow after I've been to the surgery to support Abi while she has blood taken.

Take care everyone.

Love & hugs

Sally
xxxx


32 comments:

Heather said...

What a lovely finish Sally. Nice progress on the next one and your SAL.

Michele said...

love love love Valentine Rose :) Nice progress on By the Light of the Moon. So sad about Lisa and about Japan. Always in my thoughts lately.

Nicola said...

Lovely finish Sally, and a great start on your new BBD AotH.

Angela said...

What a fantastic finish, love the fabric you are stitching it on :) My thoughts are with everyone in Japan too, it's so awful for them!

Gillie said...

I won't forget to wave next time I am on New Pale, promise! Georgeous piece, I have done a pathetic amount on my AoH, need to get a few more threads for it then I'll get going!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Valentine Rose looks wonderful and you have a great start on the next block.

Ranae said...

Love the finish!
I stitched By the Light of the Moon and loved it.
I am not sure where it is right now, Hmmmm!!!
I feel for Japan too

Colleen said...

Valentine Rose is BEAUTIFUL!! Your tribute to Lisa, By the Light of the Moon is wonderful & progressing nicely. Can't begin to imagine how the people of Japan are copping with this horrific tragedy;all are in my thoughts.
See you Monday for SAL. {hugs}

Barb said...

Wow wtg girl what a super piece this is developing into.
Hope Abi gets on ok tomorrow , will be emailing you. IT is Monday tomorrow oooohhhh SB here we come.

Christine said...

Lovely finish Sally, and a great start on the next block too.

Hazel said...

Another finish! You are so quick with the needle Sally. xx

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your Valentine Rose finish Sally, it looks gorgeous, as does your new start on the next one in the series.
I like how your Spooky SAL is coming along also.

Mylene said...

A lovely finish, Sally. Congrats. And a very good progress on the next.
Hope all goes well with Abi tomorrow.

Sending good thoughts to all people affected by the tragedy.

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish Sally. Great new start on your next AotH block. Lovely progress on your Lisa tribute piece. Good luck to Abi for tomorrow. So sad about Japan the pictures show how truly terrible it is for them.

jane said...

Valentine Rose looks great Sally and you have made a great start on the next AotH, I can see I will have to get cracking, I've got a bonus chart to stitch too!
((hugs)) for Abi for tomorrow.

Lelia said...

congrats!!! wonderful finish --- tho, your stitching is always so lovely. You pick the nicest patterns ; )

Ellen said...

Valentine Rose is gorgeous! Enjoy following your progress on this series.

I feel and pray for Japan too!

Hugs,

Carol said...

What a lovely piece in honor of your grandparents, Sally. 12 children!! Oh my!! I really love the way you've personalized it, too.

Kate said...

Gorgeous finish Sally - love the way you are dedicating them.
We are all horrified by the tragic events in Japan - all thoughts and prayers to those affected.

CrazyStitcher said...

Valentine Rose is beautiful. Lovely to see the progress you have made with your other WIPs. x

Lois said...

Valentine Rose is lovely and nice progress on the next block and the Lisa SAL.

valerie said...

Your Valentine Rose is lovely. Great finish and personalization! Nice progress on your tribute piece as well. I'll start my Wish for you in April.

Andrea said...

Valentine Rose is gorgeous.

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finish, Sally! It is wonderful. Nice progress on By the Light of the Moon, too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally your finish is just lovely! How nice to add a family significance to he block.

Lovely new start too!

marylin said...

oh mon dieu que c'est beau !
que de merveilles !
bisous bisous de FRANCE

Julie said...

Another super little house, these are so pretty

TeresaB said...

Another beautiful finish for your AotH! And all your other projects are looking lovely as well. Now I'm off to download Jess' short story for my Kindle.

Sharon said...

Pretty finish Sally! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

lovely stitching Sally, You're doing really well with the AOTH designs

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous finish on Valentine Rose - can't wait to see how these all come out.

sammyjo said...

love to abi lol i hate having bloods done! lovely finish!