Sunday 5 July 2009

Another New Start

I think I have a problem! It's called Startitis! I don't have it bad but I do believe I have it! Not content with starting a couple of gifts I've also started something else for me. I've been wanting to start this piece ever since it was in The Gift of Stitching in May 2008 and I decided I wanted a nice summery design so here it is! It's The Sampler Girl's In The Garden With Jane Austen and I'm stitching it on Jayne's Attic COM Violet which doesn't show up too well in the photo. I'm using GAST and DMC and this is my start!

The only other bits I have to show for now are my two of my HAED pieces. I've decided to stitch on SK Moon Fantasy each week as well as TT Purple Dragon so that I can try and get the page finished on MF before the next page comes out in August. S
o here they are.

Thank you to all those who left good wishes etc on my last post. I'm so sorry I was on such a down
er and I feel so bad when there are people out there who are much worse off than me. I am feeling much more with it and I think what made it worse was the fact that I have a hospital appointment on 6th August and my DH wasn't keen to take a bit of time off work to take me. Had I known I was going to have to ask someone else take me I'd have taken the cancellation I was offered for last Thursday and I could have been a little bit further on to finding out what's causing the off balance feeling I get and the pain and discomfort in my ear. I was considerably upset but what's done is done. I've done a little reading up and do not like that I've found but we'll wait and see.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'm going off to do a bit more stitching soon and hoping it'll cool down a wee bit to make the days and nights a bit more bearable! It's been so hot! I'm glad I don't live inland as it's even hotter there! I've finally managed to catch up on blogs totally and I've really enjoyed seeing what everyone is stitching. No doubt there'll be more to add to the wishlist! LOL!

Hope all my friends over the pond had a wonderful July 4th!

Hugs

Sally
xx

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally if I was closer, I'd have taken you to the hospital without any hesitation.

Do you have tinitus? I have a friend who has had major problems with her ears, having had tinitus since she was 5, and balance and after many years they operated and took away the balance part on one side.

It's been cooler here the last couple of days, but at sports day I got nicely burnt even though I was wearing factor 30. It's turning into a nice even tan now though.

Cindy F. said...

I love your startitis. I think as long as they don't turn into ufos you can start as many as you want!

Glad you have a dr's appt. I hope your imbalance problem is quickly resolved!!

Olga said...

I hope next week is going to be much better for you.
Your new start looks really very pretty and you've made a great progress on Purple Dragon.

Julie said...

Nice new start.

Sharon said...

Don't feel bad about the startitis. I have it too. Your projects look great!

mbroider said...

**Hugs** Sally.

I hope to pick up a Jane Austen stitchy thing some day myself:)

Nima said...

good to see your new start....

Christine said...

Yep, definitely a case of startitis, but the symptoms are very pretty.

Hope the Drs can sort out your ear/balance problems

karenv said...

Your new WIP looks lovely Sally :) Sorry about the hospital appointment - I hope you have a better week this week!

Angela said...

Love the new start.

Your ear/balance problem sounds horrible lets hope once you get to the hospital it's sorted out quickly.

Karan said...

Men! Thankfully it's not too long to August now. Hope all goes well & it's a quick fix (((((((((hugs))))))))).
I like your case of Startitis though - very nice. Lovely to see the HAED pieces growing too. :0)
It's rain & storms today & so much cooler, what a relief! :0)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I have a problem too with starting...but I've been trying to focus on finishing some old WIPS and have had some victories, but if people could see what I have started...shameful! LOL!
I love all your WIPs Sally - they are wonderful!
Hope you get your ear sorted out, I know from experience with my Mama, that it is horrible!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally firt of all the fun stuff! Your HAEDS are fantastic and you are so brave to work on TWO of them!!! You've got a lovely new start there too.

As for your DH... they can be very difficult sometimes, what can I say. Years ago I had surgery, I had to have my Mum take me to the hospitla & pick me up... Todd didn't even drop in to see me when I was in overnight.

I also had some appointments that I needed to be driven when I was getting a lump in my breast diagnosed, he was just useless. Wouldn't showed that he cared or drive me to a single appointment. Most of the time I just drove myself, alone (which is not a good idea when you're dealing with a possible cancer diagnosis... which I didn't have BTW). Or I had my parents do it for me.

Some guys just don't seem to be able to handle these sort of things, so they shy away and don't help.

Andrea said...

A wonderful new start and WIPs.

I hope you get your ear/balance sorted. You're not reading medical dictionaries are you?!! tut tut

Annemarie said...

You're absolutely right to start something for yourself, Sally. Sounds like you need a bit of you-stitching-time! I hope it all works out well at the hospital!

Karen said...

Sally, you gotta love startitis. I have a seriously bad case of it and then i end up with lots of wip's/ufo's. Actually i am dwindling down my basket of wip's slowly but surely. Sometimes its just fun to start something new and especially if its for yourself.

sorry about your health issues and DH. Some DH's just don't know how to cope with these types of issues. I hope you find out soon what is going on and can get yourself on the right track healthwise. (((hugs))))

Brigitte said...

... welcome to the club, lol. It's always a pleasure to get a new startitis member.
I also liked this piece when I saw it first and immediately stitched and finished it. It's so lovely.

Michele said...

Hey Sweetie .. hope all goes well, or went well .. I'm so behind on my blogging! Just know I've been thinking about you :)