Anyway enough of that! I haven't done any stitching as yet this week so no Queen or Sea Stars updates ( sorry) but I do have some bits to show you from the latter end of last week. First off I stitched Victoria Sampler International Heart England, one of my goals for this year. This was so quick and simple, I really didn't have to think too much about it. I finished it off as an ornament with a ruched ribbon edge but this didn't go quite to plan as I was going to use three lots of ribbon but ended up only using one as it was too thick. The heart isn't that brilliant either as I haven't quite got the hang of stitching them up yet!
Friday is my Blackbird Designs day so here's the progress I made on Where My Heart Blooms from last Friday. I love this piece. Still stitching on the house but finger's crossed I might get that finished this Friday evening.
Thursday and Saturday I stitched a bit on Chatelaine Spring Morning but then I hit a snag which put me off a bit. I started stitching the over one flower panel but couldn't work out what one the symbols was on the middle two panels. Nothing on the key looked anything like it and none of the threads in my kits matched the colour of the photo! So I posted on the Yahoo support group and was told it was Anchor Marlitt Pale Yellow. OK that would be fine but that is not on my key or in my kit so I posted that and was told to use DMC 307. Now I'm using all silks for this so didn't really want to use plain DMC for it. I emailed the designer and was told the same. I was also a bit mad that the thread wasn't on my list nor was the symbol in my key and, apparently, the designer knows this and the thread is left out of the kit because the design doesn't use much of it! As it is I am sorted as my local arts and crafts shop had some DMC 307 in their new Satin range so at least it will match up with the silks. So not much progress as I didn't feel like stitching on it Sunday.I have S&S/ Jayne's Attic monthly SAL challenge to start yet. We are stitching Blue Ribbon Designs Alphabet Tree, a freebie which is no longer available but Belinda is kindly allowing the ladies taking part to use it so thank you Belinda. I have my threads and fabric sorted though!
I have had a go at dying some fabric for Bygone Stitches A Quaker Christmas:) I "stole" some 25 count I had been using for something else and popped it in some coffee overnight. It came out much paler than I expected and I did not get the mottled effect I wanted so today I've dabbed coffee mixture on it here and there and am going to let it dry a bit before I rinse it. Finger's crossed it turns OK!
Sue the fabric I'm using I'm Queen is Polstitches Dusky Rose and I'm using DMC.
Well I am going to catch up on a few blogs now but please forgive me if I don't get around to everybody I usually comment on for a few days. I don't want to risk staying on too long and aggravating my head. I haven't forgotten you all:) I hope you're all staying here in the UK as we are battered yet again by heavy rain and high winds. It's awful here today but I think we are lucky compared to some areas.