Sunday 12 June 2016

Shepherd's Fold

At long last I finished up my final two Shepherd's Bush Shepherd's Fold pieces. These have been an absolute joy to stitch and I hope Alison enjoys stitching them as much as I did. I made a bit of a mess of making up the ruler case as I misread the instructions but I got on the right track so it only looks messy in one bit. Lesson learnt, read instructions properly!




Up until last night I hadn't stitched since Sunday. What?! I hear you say. Yes I know it is very unusual for me. The scary thing is I didn't miss it at all but the good thing is I did enjoy it last night when I did some. The reason for not stitching is my DH and girls were on holiday from work and we had some days out. We left yucky, dull, weather each day and ended up in temps of 26 degress C! Much warmer than home! I'll leave you with just a few photos of our trips to Yorkshire Wildlife Park and the poppy wave at Lincoln Castle :)















Hopefully I'll be back to stitching regularly this next week but it has left me thinking that I need to have a better sort of my stash and get rid of some. I've already sorted a few bits but being brutal comes to mind!

Until next time,

With much love,

Sally xxx

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Your finishes are delightful Sally. What wonderful pictures. Especially of you all. The poppy wave at Lincoln Castle is fascinating!

Margaret said...

Your Shepherd's Fold pieces are wonderful! Such a great set -- congratulations on finishing all of them! Love all your pics too. Glad you all had some time off together.

Jennifer M. said...

Love your SB finishes! Those designs are so pretty.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Julie said...

I stitched today for the first tme in a fortnight, must be catching eh!
Nice wildlife you captured with your camera. My friend has one of the poppies that were sold.
Have a lovely week xx

gominam said...

Beautiful finishes! Your finishes are always neat, the ruler case even. Love the photos, would love to stitch a giraffe now, Lol. Enjoy you outings:)

Kay said...

You should be really proud of your Shepherd's Bush stitching, it is so pretty. I really must go over and see the poppy wave soon, it was inundated with visitors the first weekend. x

Justine said...

I love your Shepherd's Fold finishes Sally - what a gorgeous collection of stitching accessories you now have!
Making good use of your new camera too. I really enjoyed seeing the poppy wave. Such a simple but beautiful idea.

Anonymous said...

stunning stunning finishes, love the designs by Shepherds bush.
Beautiful photos
happy stitching,
Judith

Mii Stitch said...

Great finishes!! I LOVE the needleroll, it looks fantastic.
Great animal pictures too, I especially like the tiger ones ;)

Christine said...

Your Shepherd's bush pieces are gorgeous Sally. Great photos too

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very beautiful needle works.
Photos that you posted are absolutely wonderful.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful Shepherd´s fold pieces, lovely patterns and stitching.

Carol said...

Wow, Sally--your SB pieces are just wonderful! What a great set...

And I do love your nature photos--you and your new camera do a great job :) Your family photos are wonderful in front of those poppies, too!

Ali said...

Beautiful finishes Sally I am raring to go now just a couple of weeks till the end of term and I am going to get cracking during the holidays.

Maggee said...

Congrats on finishing the Fold pieces! They look great! Looks like a great week off, seeing the sights... Boy those poppies are gorgeous! I have never seen any so tall! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Andrea said...

Wonderful photos. Glad you had a lovely break. Beautiful finishes of your SB set.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sally, these Shepherd Bush finishes are so beautiful. You were doing a great job stitching and finishing these.
Wonderful pictures from your day out.