Wednesday 1 June 2016

June?!

Oh my goodness I cannot believe this weather we are having on the east coast of England! It is more like Autumn! A few weeks ago I turned our heating off but I'm seriously thinking of putting it back on again! I also can't believe it's June already!

Before I show my stitching I want to sincerely thank all of you who have stuck by me and continued to visit and leave comments even though I haven't been visiting and commenting on your blogs. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and truly value you all. I know I am losing visitors because I'm not commenting.

So what I have been up to. Wella fair bit of stitching ( still have to get down to some finishing ), a bit of reading, some knitting and I hopped on a bus last Thursday and visited Chris for the day:).

My two HAED WIPs are going well at the moment. I must say that I am enjoying stitching them more than anything else at present how long that will last I really don't know! I have finished pages 1 and 4 and started page 2 on Mini Jolly Old Fellow and finished pages 1 and 2 on SK Dragons History. Love the dragon just peeping!


I am desperately trying to get on with my BBD AotH but you know when you really don't want to stitch on something? Yep that's how I feel! However I am determined to get on and get this done over the next couple of months.  I have stitched more on this since I took the photo so the border is almost done.

I have almost finished the 6th and final Shepherd's Bush Fold piece but I couldn't get a good photo of it. Hopefully by the time I blog again it will be all done and put together.

My dear friend Barb is not well at the moment so please keep her in your thoughts. I have still been stitching on our SALs and this is my May ornament.

Lizzie Kate Up on the Rooftops

Unknown fabric

DMC.

At long last I have finished our other SAL.

With Thy Needle and Thread Sweet Violet

40 count sand linen

GAST & DMC.

Finally my other WIP is Little House Needleworks Hands to Work which I am rather enjoying stitching.

I will leave you with a few photos with my new camera.  I loved my other one but had been struggling with it. I thought it was me but my DH tried it and he had the same problem. He suggested that I maybe get one like his. I looked into trading mine in and ended up online. I got a quote,  they picked my camera etc up, inspected it then gave me more than they had quoted so my new camera ended up costing me just a few pounds more. So I now have to learn how to use it!










Until next time.

With much love.

Sally xxxx

17 comments:

Vickie said...

Thank you for telling me of Barb. I am praying for her.
Sweet Violet is indeed sweet.
Your pictures are great! So nice to see a post from you Sally. Take good care of yourself!!

Margaret said...

I'm guilty of not leaving comments recently on your blog -- I'm behind all the time on blog reading!! It's awful! Anyway, I'm glad to be catching up. I love your projects, especially AotH which I would love to do one day. Your photos are beautiful too. So glad you could trade up to a new camera with little extra cost!

Carol said...

Always good to catch up with you, Sally--you have so many pretty pieces in the works! I really love the LHN Hands to Work and can see why you enjoy stitching it. And good for you for hanging in there with with Anniv. of the Heart piece even though you're not enjoying it. I'm sure you'll be pleased when you are done...

Your new camera takes wonderful photos--what kind did you end up getting?

Hope June is a lovely, relaxing month for you and that your weather improves!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful post.
Many compliments for your stitches progresses
And congratulations for youra photos they are absolutely wonderful. Giovanna

Brigitte said...

So nice to see a catch-up post from you; sally. And you have been so busy with all your stitching. I know the feeling when you want to stitch only on one piece, all day long and also during the night. I often have a hard time putting my WIPs down and pull out the next.
And I also know the feeling you have with your Anniversaries. Mine have also come to a halt but I hope hat I can continue stitching my next Anniversary real soon.
Great pictures that you made with your new camera.

Julie said...

Your new camera does take a nice picture, the black and white of the breakwaters and sea is fabulous. Lots of birdlife you have been capturing.
Your stitching is growing well.
x

Christine said...

Lovely stitching Sally, and great photographs too

WendyCarole said...

Beautiful stitching and great photos.
The weather is so cold summer seems to have forgoten us again this year.

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Sally. Hopefully, your BBD will be done in no time.

Love the gorgeous photos you've taken, especially of the swan. So which new camera did u get? So nice of them to give you more than the quoted price :)

butterfly said...

Wow Sally you are stitching some lovely designs , they are all so beautiful .
Love your photos , just beautiful . Good to have you back I have missed you and reading your posts.

Justine said...

I so enjoy my visits to your blog! You are always stitching such pretty things. Your HAEDs are really coming along nicely and I love the Shepherds Bush fold stitch and the LHN one too.
Will remember Barb in my prayers, I didn't know she was ill.
Great new camera too, your photos are stunning!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching, there are always so many lovely projects you are working on. Fabulous photos.

Penny said...

It's always nice to see a post from you! And I always love to see what you have been stitching! Sounds like a good deal on your new camera - the pictures are lovely. I especially like the one taken on the beach. : )

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're always working on great stuff! Look at AotH - almost DONE! Believe it or not, I still have my personalizations to do. Can't seem to get going on it.

Anonymous said...

beautiful stitching ♥

Maggee said...

So nice to see a post from you--with so many pretty things! All your projects are coming along nicely--keep at whatever makes you happy! they will all rotate to the front eventually! The May ornament is adorable, and Sweet Violet is gorgeous! I love so many LHN pieces, and am working on a series this year--the Little Sheep Virtues, one a month... catching up this month tho. Happens to all of us! Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

I love to look at all your pretty stitching :)