Wednesday 16 May 2012

Stitching.....

Mends my soul. Right now I don't know what I'd do without it as they are long days being unable to do much. I have to admit I scared myself yesterday doing something so simple. I reached up to get a large jar of chocolate hazelnut spread out of the cupboard and it pulled when I picked it up. I won't be doing that again! 

Anyway it's a week today since my surgery. I still get tired suddenly but I feel up to stitching which is a good thing. I did a little on Saturday evening when I started Little House Needleworks Snow White. Since then I've started three more things! No photos I'm afraid as I just don't have it in me to mess about taking them just yet. I might ask my DH to take some for me at the weekend. Bless him he's coming in from work and Abi's getting in from school and getting tea sorted between them etc.

Monday was the first time I'd been on my own since my surgery so I was a bit apprehensive. When Abi had gone to school I settled myself down and started Midsummer Night Designs Remember Me Stitching Pocket. I've had this for God knows how long and bought the Crescent Colours threads for it at the same time. I have to say I'm so glad I bought them rather than just stitch with DMC. The colours are just so beautiful and I have already stitched half of the design ( well what's a girl to do when she's recuperating?!). 

Monday evening was SAL night with Barb and I'm so glad that I felt up to stitching for a bit with her. That's when I had another new start with Shepherd's Bush Our Hearts Pincushion. 

Final new start was last night and Little House Needleworks Joy to the World. I've been stitching a little on that this morning.

Yesterday morning I should have been at craft club so at 10 am I picked up my knitting so that I could knit in spirit with the ladies there. No tea and biscuits for me though as there was no one here to make me a cuppa! Lol!

I'm sorry that I'm not commenting on your blogs. I have read a few. Maybe I'll feel more like it next week :)

Thank you so much for the lovely cards I have received and the gifts. You know who you are and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will post pictures when I feel like it :) 

With much love.

Sally
xxxx

28 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, which is good! Take it easy and enjoy the stitching time!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Enjoy the extra stitching time and don't worry about reading all the blogs. We will all still be here when you feel up to it.

Catherine said...

Glad to know you are on the recovery road. Don't push yourself though! Hugs...

Stitchabilities said...

Sending you lots of get well thoughts and hugs!!

Hazel said...

I agree with Margaret. Sounds like you're getting a bit better every day. Take it easy Sally. xx

Tricia T said...

Hi Sally! Glad you are getting some stitching in! Have your "nurses" fix you up a tray with your hazelnut spread, crackers (or are they biscuits there in the UK??), some snacks and a thermos of tea so you can be well-supplied and cozy.

Take care and feel better soon!!!

Tricia

Shirlee said...

I'm glad you are doing a bit better each day! Enjoy the extra stitching time!

Vickie said...

Oh Sally, please don't overdo it. Just enjoy stitching and nap as needed. You are being prayed for. :)

Deb said...

Sounds like you're making good progress on your recovery. Just relax and stitch your heart away and you'll be feeling better in no time.

jane said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Take it slowly and enjoy the stitching time! ((hugs))

valerie said...

Glad you're on the road to recovery. Be sure to take it easy! It sounds like you're getting lots of time in with your needle. That's wonderful!

Poppypatchwork said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, I am 8 weeks after major surgery and I feel great, every bit of pain was worth it, sending you hugs, just rest listen to your body xx

Lesleyanne said...

Take care of yourself Sally. Don't do what you are not supposed. Get plenty of rest and keep stitching. I can imagine how much it helps.

Julie said...

Stitching and knitting are very good recovery therapy.hope you feel a little better with each day.

mdgtjulie said...

Be careful, Sally. Don't overdo it!! Glad you're mending. That's a good thing. And hopefully, you'll continue to mend at a good pace. I've got you on my prayer list!! can't wait to see the stitching too. Three new starts, wow. You go girl!!

Ellen said...

Glad to know that you are recovering well! Take it easy and enjoy your stitching time!

Hugs,

Sarah said...

Glad to here you're recovering, it must be so frustrating not being able to go about things normally! Looking forward to seeing all the stitching you've been doing

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job of taking care of yourself (except for one misstep) and that is good. So glad you have your stitching mojo back, that will help you get thru the recuperation.

Take care





















































9

Christine said...

Sounds like you are doing well, enjoy your stitching and get well soon

Lois said...

Well, if you're feeling like stitching that's a good sign! Take care, it is all too easy to do too much or stretch in the wrong way when you don't have something like stitches to remind you to stop. I hope as each day passes you'll feel more and more like your old self.

Chris said...

Dear Sally,
You had major surgery. Give yourself a break and be careful. All those little things you did so easily strain those muscles. You will be better very soon. It just takes awhile. Enjoy your stitching time and just focus on healing.
Hugs
Chris

Michelle said...

Glad you are doing ok Sally I really am - you are right - Stitching does mend the soul xx

Carol said...

I'm glad your stitching is giving you such comfort as you recover, Sally... Rest and don't push yourself, too hard...You'll be back to normal very soon :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Get well Sally, and have speedy recovery!

I've been putzing with Snow white, its very pretty.

Fiona said...

Glad you are taking it easy and recuperating after your surgery. Sounds like you have been getting lots of stitching done.

Anne said...

I'm glad to hear you are recovering and are able to stitch again. It is so therapeutic isn't it?! Don't worry about the commenting! Just get better!!

Hugs

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

bisous de FRANCE

Lynn said...

I'm glad to hear your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery. I'm sure you'll feel up to stitching again soon.