Saturday 3 May 2008

Winter Wonderland

I was very good yesterday afternoon and got everything prepared to finish up LHN Winter Wonderland and by 5pm I had it all done and dusted:) So I am very proud to present my very first large pinkeep ( thank you BeckySC for the inspiration) I have had to tweak the photo a little to show up the fabric colour better.
Little House Needleworks Winterland
Polstitches Dragon Shades 28 count Nature's Grace
DMC, GAST, Crescent Colours
Started 13th March 2008
Finished 1st May 2008
Don't forget that I'm holding a draw for the chart in my previous post so please comment on that post if you'd like to be in with a chance of winning it:)

I finally finished up Shepherd's Bush Lamb into a box top. I'm not that happy with it but it is my first attempt. I painted the bottom of the box but I want to cover it with fabric when I can get somewhere to buy something suitable or I do an order online at some point. I now have all my spare DMC threads in it and all my other spare threads are in the snowman tin that Michele sent me as part of her blogoversary draw last year:)

I have also finished the needleroll for the S&S secret needleroll exchange. I had a bit of a crisis with it yesterday as I saw the one Rachael had stitched and decided that mine was nowhere near as nice and that my partner would probably hate it. Anyway Chris and I had been emailing back and forth yesterday and as she's not taking part in this exchange I emailed her a picture and asked what she thought. She thought it was pretty so told me not to stress! Lol! Anyway I was able to finish it off properly today as KarenV was very generously giving away some bits and pieces on her blog and I asked if I could have a bundle of ribbon. It arrived today and there was some that was perfect for the needleroll. Thank you so much Karen!

I made a start on Jane's RR last night. After finishing Winter Wonderland I was going to have a new start but then decided I'd do the RR first. I've almost finished one block and am loving stitching on the fabric Jane chose and the thread ( Olde Willow Stitchery Boysenberry) is gorgeous. I can't believe that we are well on the way with this RR and will be getting our pieces back in a couple of months!

That's it from me today. After tea I'm going to settle down with the RR, a glass of Ame and watch Dr Who! Lol! Have a wonderland weekend everyone and for those of us in the UK it's a long weekend:)
Hugs

26 comments:

WendyCarole said...

Winter wonderland looks brilliant.
Enjoy your stitching during Dr Who, I will be ironing while its on LOL.

Anonymous said...

Both of your finishes are beautiful Sally!

I'm glad you could make use of the ribbon, looking forward to seeing the finished needleroll :)

Kim B said...

I love your giant pinkeep! What a perfect finish! And I think your box looks great too :)

BeckySC said...

Sally,
You did a wonderful job! It turned out just great! Congratulations :) !!

Dawn T. said...

Both finishes are fantastic!! Great job:)

Julie said...

Winter wonderland and the Lamb boxtop looks perfect, well done you.

I've made a start on my needleroll for the exchange after looking at about 40 different charts i finally decided what to do LOL

Enjoy your weekend, hope the weathers nice up your way
{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finishes,I like the box top :0),
I am never happy with my finishes,and I bet your needleroll is wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on both the pinkeep and the box!

Karan said...

Oh WW looks gorgeous - love your fabric choice! The box is so cute, another lovely piece Sally.
Enjoy your chill-out with Dr Who (sounds like bliss!). :0)

Mel in Dubai said...

I love how you've finished Winter Wonderland, Sally!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great finishing on both pieces!

Courtney said...

I LOVE the color changes you made to WW!! SO GORGEOUS!

I can't stop staring at it! It's so pretty!!! That color is my favorite color!

Anonymous said...

wow! Sally both finishes ae super! love the idea of a larger pinkeep, would love to be able to do those ribbon bows is there an online tutorial?
The box is lovely, I've only ever mounted stitched piece on the top, I've yet to try covering the box with fabric

stitcherw said...

You've been busy, they both look wonderful. Winter Wonderland is my favorite, but then I have a weakness for LHN designs. I love the fabric you picked to do it on. I have this one in my stash and seeing how cute it worked up makes me want to pull it out and start. Given the cold, dreary weather we are having, it wouldn't feel all that out of place to be working on a winter design. Besides, since I just finished Snow Ho Ho it would be kind of a continuation of a snowman theme, lol.
Sue

Nic said...

What a lovely finish!

Once I've cleaned up the flat today, it's on with our SAL :0)

sammyjo said...

They both look great sally you should be proud of them. really nice work!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Sally! I received a finished Winter Wonderland pinkeep as my first ever pinkeep, so I'm particularly fond of this piece!

Anonymous said...

Both finishes are beautiful - you've been busy! :) Your covered box turned out great - I would never have guessed that it's a first attempt!

staci said...

You've been BUSY!!! Both of your finishes look wonderful, congrats ;)

Michele B. said...

I love the fabric you used for WW, and it looks terrific as a large pinkeep. And the box looks fine to me - so pretty. Thank you for your nice comment on my family situation - it's much appreciated.

Sue said...

Both of your finishes are great. I especially love the pin keep ;)

Anonymous said...

Great work Sally. Both are just fab, congrats!

TeresaB said...

I think your covered box looks wonderful! And your pin keep is precious. Both are lovely finishes. Congrats.

Yuko said...

Oh I love Becky's pinkeep!
It's so lovely!
I also love your SB's Lamb!
It's so lovely and colour is very Springlike!
Buttons are very lovely as well! :D

Michele said...

I love Winter done as a big pinkeep! looks wonderful :)

I think your first attempt at covering a box is very nice! At least you tried .. I would have been tooo chicken! lol

Mylene said...

Great finishes, Sally. Well done!!