Sunday 21 April 2019

Moonlight

Hello fellow stitchers! I hope you are all enjoying the Easter weekend and the gorgeous weather we are having here in the UK. As awful as it sounds I am hoping that is not going to be the shape of things to come for Summer as last year was way too hot for me! It is rather unusual for us to have such good weather at Easter!

I have been busy stitching as usual although some projects I am enjoying more than others! This next one was a bit of a pain but when you see my fabric choice I think you might understand why!

Little House Needleworks Moonlight

28 count Brittney navy evenweave

DMC Thread,

Started 27th February 2019

Finished 17th April 2019.

Yes I rather foolishly decided on navy fabric! I had seen a finish on the LHN/CCN Faceook group of it stitched on red fabric using black thread and I just loved how it looked so I decided on a dark fabric with the white thread. There are mistakes but I'm not sure where the first one is so the top border isn't aligned how it should be then the top large snowflake on the left isn't in the right place but never mind! This one has been in my stash for a long time and was passed onto me by my dear friend Barb :)

Another quick post today! It makes it easier for me just to post my finishes. It might mean there are times where I don't post for a while but at least I'm posting lol!

Thank you to those who took the time to read and leave me a comment on my last post :)

Until next time.

With much love,

Sally xxxxx


15 comments:

Vickie said...

I think the white on navy is great Sally! And the good news is that I cannot tell where any mistakes are, so don't worry!! :) Happy, Blessed Easter my friend!

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Sally. It looks awesome on the blue fabric.

Linda

butterfly said...

I love your design , it looks great on the navy .
Happy Easter sweet friend .

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish. It looks fantastic on the navy fabric.
Happy Easter.

Kay said...

This is lovely. Hats off to you fro using a dark fabric, the effect is great but I know how hard it can be to work with. x

Poppypatchwork said...

It's hotter in the UK than Spain, our friends have had rain for the past few days, which is totally not the norm. I can't craft when it's too hot.

Mary said...

Sally, The stitch is gorgeous and kudos to you stitching on navy. I barely finished a project on black and will stick to light fabrics. We are having dreary Spring weather but I rather that than hot weather. Mary

Jackie's Stitches said...

Using the navy fabric was a good choice - it looks fantastic and you did a fantastic job with it!

DonnaTN said...

It may have been a pain to stitch, but it turned out beautifully.

RJ said...

Love this design on the navy fabric Sally. It looks so pretty. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Julie said...

A nice finish Sally.
I'm not keen on white projects, but this one looks very nice.

MartinaM said...

Oh, you are brave, I admire anyone who can work on such a dark cloth.
I've never tried it myself, I do not dare.
It looks very pretty anyway.
Martina

Christine said...

Great finish Sally, I love the look of light threads on a dark ground

Astrids dragon said...

It might have been a pain, but it looks fantastic on the navy! I have similar colour fabric that I haven't used yet, I just might have to take it out and see what would look good with it.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I love your delightful finish. You were brave to take on the navy fabric.