Thursday 15 November 2018

Catching Up! ( Picture Heavy)

Hello! I'm hoping you'll still be with me seen as I've disappeared again. I decided I'm going to catch up today and then, hopefully, blog more regularly. I think what has been putting me off has been I'm so far behind showing my finishes so this post is going to be picture heavy I'm afraid with those and my WIPs!

So let's get started with my WIPs. As you know I am doing a few SALs so first of all this is my sheep SAL with Barb. It is Plum Street Samplers Kringle and Woolard which I'm stitching on 40 count vintage country mocha. 

Another SAL is a Lizzie Kate with Barb and Sue. I have just finished Snow Belles ( see photo further down post!) so I have just started Home is the Nicest Word There Is. I am going to have to frog the E in The and the word Nicest as it's all too high up. 

Barb, Sue and I are also stitching on LHN Farmhouse Christmas still but we are on the last one now. I have enjoyed stitching these but I think I am ready for something different. 

Sue and I are stitching Silver Creek Samplers My Christmas List. I am loving stitching this and hoping to finish it for Christmas and on the wall. Fingers crossed!

I am still stitching on the Dessine Par Elke Christmas SAL but I forgot to take a photo! I can't show my last WIP as it for an ornament exchange so no peeking at that one until it is finished and received.

As you all know we commemorated 100 years since the end of WW1 on Sunday. I made a wreath to put in my window but I don't know what I did with my photo so I'll show that next time! However I do have to show a beautiful glass plaque that was a gift from my dearest friend Barb made by her DH Martin. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it and I will treasure it always. It is in memory of my paternal grandad's cousin who DOW at the Battle of Arras in May 1917. 
Here are a few photos from our town to commemorate 100 years. 









On Instagram there has been a stitchy wish list tag going round for a while and I popped my wish list up. A few weeks ago I received a lovely message from Jen @spooneriestitcher saying she could grant one of my wishes and it arrived recently. Not only did she send me the chart she also sent some DMC to stitch it with. This is going to be my New Year's Day start! Thank you Jen :)

So onto my finishes now and I actually think I will just let the photos do the talking! 



















Thank you for reading and looking at my photos. I know there are a lot but now I am caught up!

Until next time. With much love.

Sally xxxx

15 comments:

Linda said...

WOW! Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Sally. Also congrats on all of the beautiful WIP's.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh Sally, you have so many finishes to be happy with!

Poppypatchwork said...

Wow you have been so busy with lovely projects.

LaNelle said...

Wow! Such lovely stitching ♥️ A nice variety in WIP and completed pieces, enjoyed looking at them all Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

So many delights to feast the eyes on, you have been busy stitching and finishing too. Love your gift from the wish list, I too find peace and food for the soul by the sea.
Your time looks beautiful with all the commemorative decorations around it.
Nice to see a post and hear from you x

butterfly said...

Wow Sally such a lovely post lots of wonderful stitching.
Yes last Sunday was a wonderful day and very tearful , we lead the march around our town , we were lucky we missed most of the rain .

Have a good stitching week.

Kay said...

Oh my, you have been busy. You have so many beautiful finishes. I would be thrilled to have this many even over a year. You must really be getting through your stash too. How lovely that you were sent part of your wish list, stitching friends really are the best. x

Shelly said...

You were certainly busy! Lots of eye candy. Love how you finished the LK A Little Mystery.

RJ said...

So much wonderful stitching...what a joy to see. I need to go back and look at all of your stitching again. I see many I need to put on my wish list. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress on your stitching, and what a treat to receive your wish list goodies.
Your town has beautiful displays, what a lovely way to commemorate 100 years.
Wow, you have been busy finishing, everything looks wonderful. I especially love Randal's dragon!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing. You may not of been posting to your blog but you have been very busy and it is a joy for us to see.

Katie said...

Wow so many beautiful things. I just LOVE all your finishes. Great job with each one. Good luck with your WIPs.

Sheryl said...

Lovely work, what a lot of different pieces. I especially like the Silver Creek Samplers My Christmas List.

ricketyjo said...

What a lot of sweet finishes Sally, I've really enjoyed browsing through them all :)

Carin said...

So many projects, but they are all so beautiful !