Friday 9 March 2018

March

Happy March! These weeks are flying by so quickly! Last week March came in like a lion with "the beast from the east". To be honest it was a bit of a let down where I live. We didn't get the amount of snow that was forecast but we did get the high winds which gave us a wind chill of -10. This week it is more like Spring although yesterday we did get snow but it melted very quickly. 

So since I was here last I've been getting a fair amount of stitching done. I really need to get myself motivated to do some finishing but I need to go through what I have to finish then go through fabric and trims etc. 

The first piece I have to show was finished last time I blogged but I couldn't show it as it was on the way to my dear friend and fellow stitcher Barb for her 70th birthday.



Silver Creek Samplers Sweet Friendship

28 count cream cashel linen

DMC

Started 19th October 2017

Finished 31st January 2018

Birthday gift for Barb.

I covered a paper mache box with fabric and mounted my stitched piece onto the top. Barb was delighted with it :). Inside the box I popped a sweet little glass bird that I spotted in the local garden centre. 

I have had a few more finishes since my last post.

The Snowflower Diaries I Will Be There

40 count sand linen

GAST

Started 8th February 2018

Finished 27th February 2018

I stitched this one for the third, and final, time.

Lizzie Kate A Little Stitch

28 count Amber linen

DMC

Started 19th February 2018

Finished 28th February 2018.

Final finish is a snowy one!

Country Cottage Needleworks Snow Place Like Home 1

40 count vintage country mocha linen

DMC, CC & WDW

Started 14th January 2018

Finished 24th February 2018

Of course I had to start Snow Place 2 :)

Lesleyanne very kindly lent me all 3 parts of the Lizzie Kate A Little Mystery. I did have it and stitched a couple of the bonus designs ( gifted one of them) then sold the charts. I had forgotten about the piece I had stitched and gifted and came across the photo on my PC late last year and instantly regretted selling the charts! So I have made a start on the main design and got part 1 stitched and part 2 started. Thank you so much for lending me them Lesleyanne :)

My progress on LHN Little Red Barn is going slow but, hopefully, I might have a finish on Sunday. The next one in the series, Horsin' Around, arrived last week. 

Barb and I still doing our sheep SAL ( and our LK one as well as the Farmhouse Christmas with a lovely lady called Sue) and I am plodding away on The Pastoral. I might actually have a sheep soon!

Of course no post is complete without my HAED pieces. Lisa and I stitched on the 25th of last month on our stockings. It doesn't look much but at least it's progress!

We are also doing well on our 300 stitches a week SAL. Last week I got carried away and did more but this week I haven't done any yet BUT Lisa is visiting tomorrow so I'm going to do mine then. We are both so excited to have the opportunity to have a stitchy afternoon again :)

Finally I'm still plodding along on the dragon. I'm getting there slowly!

Oh I almost forgot about the Stichrovia Quotes to Live By WIP. I only stitch on this at craft group and if I have something I need to get more done on it doesn't get much love. So it's going slow but I have got a bit done on it in recent weeks.

After Lizzie Kate's announcement about her retirement I decided to add a couple of her charts to my stash. I know I'm doing stitch from stash but I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't get them so I bought Winter Smalls and Collect Moments. Then the other day I was thinking maybe I'd get a few more. The places I use seem to be sold out of a lot and taking a while to get more in but I managed to do a couple of orders and picked up most of what I wanted. There is another but it comes with threads so I'll just look out for it chart only on the Facebook selling sites. I did miss out on it when a friend was selling some stash! 

Thank you so much to all of you who left good wishes for Jess. It really means a lot. She is doing really well, has been to the hairdressers, doctors and out to Dungeons and Dragons which she plays with old school friends without having a panic attack. She is also back at work. Work have been so good and very understanding.

So that is all my news for now. Until next time take care everyone.

With much love,

Sally xxxxx

22 comments:

Barb said...

Gosh am I the first Sally, my box is gorgeous and is sittine with some more in my Sallys corner. You have been so so busy and what a lot you have achieved all lovely of course. I was really pleased to hear of Jess and her getting out more. Your wips are super I hope you and Lisa have a good time ,so pleased you introduced me to No more lost needles with Lisa , I am now lucky enough to have a minder for all stitching I am doing. See you later for the sheepie stitch. x

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes Sally. Awesome progress on your other projects.

Linda

Manuela said...

You were very busy. Wonderful progress on your WIPs.
Happy Weekend.
Manuela

butterfly said...


Wow love what you stitched for Barb it is so beautiful.
Lovely stitching Sally on your new starts .
You are right where is the time going , I keep playing catch up.
Have a good weekend hugs June.

hazelxstitch said...

Hi!

I'm so pleased that you spent your time usefully creating these gorgeous pieces during the visit from "The Beast From The East!" Sunderland had its fair share of snow, so I just hunkered down and didn't venture out. I'm not as graceful on the ice as Torvill and Dean!

I hope to see more beautiful finishes from you soon!

Best wishes

Hazel

Mary said...

What a packed post of gorgeous eye candy! The gift you made for Barb is stunning! She must have been overjoyed to receive such a thoughtful gift. Your finishing is superb. Love all your other projects, I've been trying to find that LK Stitch pattern, they seem to be going of the shelves quickly.The Christmas Sampler is another charming pattern. I love the Pastoral stitch, gorgeous colors. You certainly are a prolific stitcher! Mary

Clare-Aimetu said...

So much lovely stitching and wow what a beautiful box for Barb.

Vickie said...

I am so glad to hear that Jess is improved. This is good news. She is in my prayers.
Your gift to Barb is so very wonderful!! A Little Stitch is so sweet! Wow! Pastoral is sure a pretty one.

Christine said...

Gorgeous stitching Sally, the birthday present you made for Barb is absolutely lovely.
Glad to hear Jess is doing better

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots of beautiful stitching, Sally. Your gift for Barb is gorgeous.

Shirlee said...

You have really been busy! Beautiful choices! I am going to look for The Pastoral : )

Julie said...

You have been a busy stitcher Sally, lots of lovely progress. A beautiful gift you made for Barb.

Carol said...

You always have so many lovely projects going, Sally! Wonderful to hear that your daughter is doing better, too--that must be such a relief :)

Enjoy your week!

RJ said...

The photos are not coming up Sally but I will return later to see if they have returned. Looks like you have alot to show us. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Justine said...

I'm so glad to hear Jess is feeling better. It's up and down with this horrible illness but it sounds like she's improving.

Wow Sally as usual everything you are stitching is just gorgeous! I am seriously going to consider a similar rotation. All your SALs are so much fun. Like you I've been ordering the Lizzie Kate charts I wanted, just managed to get Stitch Every Day which I love. Which chart are you looking for? I'm going to the NEC on Saturday and there's a lady exhibiting there who sells a lot of LK stuff. I could look for you.

I didn't realise that your Lisa is needleminder Lisa! I've ordered a few from her via Facebook. She seems like a lovely lady.

Brigitte said...

A wonderful gift for Barb. No wonder that she was delighted to receive it.
And you have so many finishes and projects you are still stitching on.
Great progress on the HAEDs!

Bethan said...

You have been so busy! What a lovely gift for Barb, and I particularly like the Lizzie Kate Stitch Every Day piece. I think I may have to add her designs to my stash - and sharpish by the looks of it! x

Andrea said...

A wonderful array of WIPs and finishes. You have been very busy.

Karoline said...

Your finishes are gorgeous, particularly Barb's box.

Great progress on your other wips, I am always in awe at how many you can juggle at a time.

I'm glad to hear that Jess is doing better, she's very lucky that her work have been supportive.

Katie said...

So much beautiful stitching. Congrats on the finishes. I stocked up on Lizzie Kate too. We keep joking about how she will make millions of dollars from "going out of business" and decide to keep working haha. Oh well they are charts we must have all wanted anyway right? I'm glad to hear Jess is doing better. Anxiety is horrible and it's hard to get people to understand what they don't see. I'm glad her work is being understanding.

Maggee said...

So very glad to hear Jess is doing so much better! That is wonderful! Speaking of wonderful... wow! What a stitch filled post! You've been really busy! Even getting a little done on the HAEDs! I have not looked into getting any LK charts yet... I have a few, and that SHOULD be enough... but... I know about kicking one's self after a deadline passes! I will do an inventory today! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs!

Astrids dragon said...

You certainly know how to keep busy, everything looks great! So exciting that you're almost finished with Randal's dragon!