Wednesday 29 October 2014

Birthday Gift For Shirlee and Other Stories

Hmmmm, my blog post titles seem to be getting worse! Oh well never mind! Lol!

First of all a massive thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post. I am still looking for a suitable alphabet to use to personalise Garden Bliss but I am sure I will come across one soon.

Last week it was dear Shirlee's birthday and as she loves sheep, like me, I decided to stitch this for her.


Christy Schmitz Swirly Sheep

Unkown fabric

Victorian Motto Thread

Birthday Gift for Shirlee.

I am happy to say that Shirlee loves it. I also included a needleminder but didn't take a photo of that!

I've been attempting to get some stitching finished up and this week I've managed to get two pieces done.The first one is the travelling pattern Little House Needleworks Summer Garden. 

I used the ribbon that was on the flowers that DH sent me for my 50th birthday last year and the lovely little wooden button was in a pack I bought from The Works ( where Abi works! ). 

I had plans for Little House Needleworks Warm Winter Woolens after I saw it finished on Pinterest. Mine is a little different in that I used gingham ribbon for the handle. I'll be on a look out for some wintry foliage or something to display in it.

No finishes since my last post although I have had a new start. It nearly wasn't as I couldn't make my mind up which fabric I wanted to use. The big piece I bought from Sew and So on sale would have been fine had I not already cut a piece off to use and I knew I wouldn't have enough for all 12 cottages. It's discontinued so I may not have been able to get anymore so I ended up using 32 count raw opalescent linen! So here's my start on Country Cottage Needleworks January Cottage. 

More Country Cottage now and Frosty Forest! I actually can't wait to get all these done and have this up on my wall!

Oooh talking of on the wall here's my Needleworker! I took it in to get framed and remembered to go pick it up yesterday. It's hard to get a good photo but I'm really pleased with it. 

Barb and I are keeping up with our Spooky SAL! I now have a spider, a bird ( who does need a bit more to him!) and I have started the key. Loving stitching this as it's such a fun one!

I think I may need to have a finished page happy dance this Saturday ( fingers crossed) as I think I will finish page 3 of QS Spirit of Winter Robin. I'm aiming to make time before then to grid the next page just in case. I'm so excited to get more of this done. I definitely have my enthusiasm back for him.

I now have more delphiniums on July's Delphiniums. They are so pretty too. I have to admit I'm itching to get this one finished so I can start August's Poppy as it's one of my firm favourites. 

No progress on Tricotine as DH and I were at an evening wedding "do". I've been stitching away merrily on one of the ornaments for the private exchanges I'm doing and it should be finished tomorrow then I'll start another :). I've missed ornament stitching so thinking I should go back to one a month next year! 

That's all my stitching news for this time. You never know I might have done some more finishing by the time I blog again lol! 

Take care everyone.

Until next time.

With much love.

Sally xxx

28 comments:

Brenda A said...

Ohhh they all look awesome!!

Julie said...

The perfect ribbon for Summer Garden, so bright and cheery.
A fantastic finish for Winter Woollens, very different.
I just saw your lovely gift for Shirlee on her blog.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Wspaniałe prace! Pozdrawiam.

Tricia T said...

What a wonderful post, Sally! I like the gingham ribbon you used on the pillow and bag. So fun. And Shirlee's sheep is precious. I love watching your Robin come to life!

Tina said...

Fab finishes Sally,love summer garden with the gorgeous ribbon and winter woolens,can imagine some lovely greenery in there x

butterfly said...

Another lovely blog .
How sweet to use the ribbon from your flowers from your DH the colour is just perfect .
Your Robin is looking amazing .
Love all your stitching , and finishes hugs.

Vickie said...

I just love the big, pink bow made with the special ribbon on Summer Garden. I saw Shirlee's special, sweet gift. :) Love your finished LHN Warm Winter Woolens.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The sheep is over the top

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Sally - I love the Needleworker one you have inspired me to finish mine (I am still on the second letter. Thanks for sharing your work xx

cucki said...

awwwwwwwwwww'they all looking so sweet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carol said...

What great finishes and WIPs, Sally--I especially love the Woolen Mittens bag finish (may have to steal that idea :)

Glad to hear you might start doing an ornament a month again next year--I so love doing mine each month!

Margaret said...

Everything is looking wonderful! I don't know how you can work on so many projects at once. I'd go nuts!

Hazel said...

So many beautiful projects Sally. I really love the Needleworker design you've done. Beautiful gift for Shirlee too. Love it all. xx

Linda said...

Awesome update as always Sally. Congrats on the finishes and nice progress on the others. I love the colors on July.

Linda

Beth said...

Love your Warm Woolens finish.

Pull the other thread said...

Love how the Swirly Sheep turned out. The thread you used is lovely. Great stitching on your projects and lots of fantastic finishing.

Mii Stitch said...

Wonderful finishes and lovely progress on all your wips :)
Love the Halloween sal!!

Pam in IL said...

So much wonderful stitching and I love them all! I also love the ribbon you used on Summer Garden and it goes so perfectly with the design.

Christine said...

Great stitching and finishing Sally. I love your finish for Warm Winter Woolllens

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous. Your finishes are just perfect xx

Andrea said...

Oh Sally, so many lovely finishes and WIPs to admire. Love the Warm Winter Woolens bag finish.

Shirlee said...

My dear friend ... it is always fun to read your posts & see your lovely photos! I do indeed love my little birthday sheepie & needle mindeer : ) You are doing beautiful finishing!

Heather said...

Your finishes are lovely! I love that you used the ribbon from your birthday bouquet! Your stitching is gorgeous! I hope that you are getting lots of stitching time in this weekend !

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love the Cottage Garden Sampling design so much. They have definitely gone on my ever growing wish list!

Shirlee's sheep is fab too.

stitcherw said...

Wow you gave us a bunch of lovelies to look at! The little swirly sheep finished up so cute, as did Summer Garden. I love the idea of finishing Warm Woolens up into a little bag and then putting a bit of greenery in there to hang. Nice start on your new house, and the finished and framed Needleworker looks fantastic, it must make you smile every time you walk by it :) Your other pieces looked great too, your stitching fingers have been quite busy.

Stitchabilities said...

Summer Garden is so lovely, very cheerful. Lots of lovely pics to see. I look forward to your next blog xx

Maggee said...

So much to see! Love that! As I love all your pictures, from finishes to WIPs. I especially love the Warm Winter Woolens finish and the Needleworker as it is framed. Very nicely done! Hugs!

Алёна said...

Hello from Kiev)) You have great works. I'll be happy to see in my blog about cross stitch)