Friday 10 April 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!! It's dull and muggy here on the east coast of England and it keeps raining every so often. How typical for Easter! Lol! I hope you have some nice Easter eggs:) I haven't got a single egg this year! LOL! I am not really complaining though as DH's auntie asked what sort I would like and I declined as I really need to loose to some weight and if there's an egg there I'll just want to eat it all at once!

I don't have much stitching to show today. Monday evening I should have stitched on Bea but it didn't happen as I just couldn't be bothered to pick her up so I opted for the PIF I've been stitching. That is now finished barring the making up and I hope to get that done over the next few days depending on what we are doing. Wednesday we'd been out at Sheffield Meadowhall and didn't get home until about 7pm so by the time we'd had something to eat and got settled down I couldn't be bothered to stitch. Last night I did manage a bit of stitching on HAED QS Girly Gothic. Not as much as I'd have liked but DH and I had been out in the afternoon ( Abi was at her friend's and Jess stayed home to revise) and didn't get in until nearly 7pm ( more about that another day). So here's my little bit of progress on QS Girly Gothic. Hopefully next week I'll get more done:)
I have done a bit more on Just Nan When Barnabee Met Bella and I just love how this is coming along. I think I shall stitch more on this tonight.
Yesterday I received this lovely chart from the lovely Barb ( no blog). Barb stitched this recently and offered the chart on the Stitch and Stash forum and I had no idea that she was sending it to me until it arrived:) Thank you so much Barb. I have been eying this one up since it came out but as I'm on a no chart stash thing until at least November I resisted buying it. I'm hoping to stitch it soon then I promised Barb I would pass it on to Su.


Nothing else to report other than I have to wait until next week to find out my scan results etc. They are back but the doctor I want to see is off until next week so I have to ring on the day as they had no pre-bookable appointments. Grrrrrrrrrr!

I almost forgot I was given an award by Carolyn the other day. Thank you so much Carolyn. The meaning of this award is:

"This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time, and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

I am passing this award onto the following blogs:

Carolyn ( back at ya!)
KarenV
Elisa
Hazel
Juls
Michele
Jayne
Lisa

Well that's it for today. No rivetting stuff but maybe by the time I post again Barnabee might be done! Not! LOL!

Take care everyone. Have a wonderfull Easter weekend.

Hugs.

33 comments:

Kim B said...

You've gotten a good amount of stitching done in my opinion :)

I'm hoping your scan turns out good.

Happy Easter!!

jane said...

Have a lovely weekend Sally - I hope the weather improves but if it doesn't I'm just going to sit in and stitch!

Claire said...

Girly Gothic is coming on a treat Sally!
Rain is about typical for a long weekend isnt it?!

Hugs
Claire x

Deb said...

I like your progress on the HAED design. I give you a lot of credit for doing one! I admire them but am really afraid to start one! Your other piece is looking very nice too!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter! Actually it's not Easter yet...

Lovely stitching as always. How are you going to frame QS Girly Gothic?

Enjoy your weekend!

Brigitte said...

What a nice surprise to receive such an unexpected gift. It's a wonderful heart.
Enjoy a stitchy Easter weekend with hopefully some better weather.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Easter, I am sure one little egg wouldn't hurt!!LOL Well that is what I am telling myself!!
Any stitching is great stitching when it's the school holidays!!

Diane (di) said...

Wow Girly is really coming along. I love the Love Letters chart. I'm on the Wagon with you in that I'm not buying any new charts either (!), but I do keep drooling at that one! lol Have a wonderful 'dry' Easter!! :)

Ranae said...

Looking good!
Nice chart surprise
Happy Easter!!

glamlawlib said...

Finger's crossed for the scan results!

Your stitching looks great as always :)

Julie said...

Happy Easter, you could have had 1 egg!!!!

Christine said...

Looks like quite a bit of stitching to me!
Thats a great chart that Barb sent you.
Happy Easter

Karan said...

Nice progress on your WIP's. Can't wait to see more of the JN piece. Sounds like you're having a busy time - enjoy the rest of the Easter break. :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Lots of lovely progress this week Sally and GG will soon be giving you an HD at this rate.

I know just what you mean about the easter eggs but I have no worries as I do not think I will be getting any either this year.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Sally, it's coming along great.

Happy Easter to you all x x x

Tracy Dixon said...

Happy Easter Sally, Girly Gothic is looking great and I love the fabric your stitching the JN on xx

WendyCarole said...

Really like girly gothic

happy easter

karenv said...

Thank you for the award Sally :)

Love your WIPs progress, good luck for your test results!

Mylene said...

Have a happy easter weekend too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Sally! Same here, it's raining every so often.

I love your wip esp. Just Nan. Both are looking great. Can't wait to see more of your JN.

Elisa said...

Wow you have been busy...

Thanks for the award :)

Your stitching is looking fab...love the Just Nan colours...

Have a Happy Easter xx

Olga said...

Sally,
Your JN Barnabee is coming along very pretty. You sound very busy as always.
Happy Easter, hugs,
Olga

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Sally

Kajsa said...

You have gotten so much done lately! Girl Gothic looks fab!

Paula said...

Hope you had a lovely Easter Sally, I'm off work until Thursday YAY! lol
I didn't get one Easter Egg either, I didn't want one, as I'd only make a pig of myself and eat it in one go.....not good!! lol
That's a gorgeous chart that Barb sent you, she's very good isn't she.....

Happy stitching.... and hugs....

Angela said...

Plenty of stitching to view.

What a lovely chart.

Congrats on the award.

Ruth said...

A happy belated Easter to you as well. May the bunny send you really good scan results!

BTW, I completely understand the "couldn't be bothered to stitch" line -- I get that a lot even though it seems so counter-intuitive since we are supposed to LOVE stitching... right?

Kit said...

I hope all is well with your scan. Congrats on the award, you do have a lovely blog. What a nice gift, such a beautiful pattern!

Hazel said...

Awww thanks for the award Sally. Your stitching is lovely as ever and I adore the new chart. Yumm. xx

stitcherw said...

Barnabee & Bella is so pretty, and I love Gothic Girly. Congrats on the award, and what a fun pattern you got on your winning the chart.
Sue

stitcherw said...

Oops, forgot to wish you good luck on your scan. That would be so frustrating to have to wait to get the results when you know the office has them.
Sue

Tammy said...

Your stitching is lovely! I don't comment as often as I should and for that I apologize for that. I do love oogling your works though!

Ranae said...

Sally! Honey! Are you o.k.? I noticed you are quiet. Come out Come our where ever you are!!