Saturday 22 November 2014

Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show

It hardly seems like 5 minutes since I last posted and here we are back home and our visit to the show is over for this year. Yes I say this year as I think I might like to go again next year!

I had a brilliant time. It was rather overwhelming at first with it being my first time there but I thoroughly enjoyed it and spent some pennies. I bought a few charts, some fabric, threads and finishing fabrics, felt, buttons as well as a shawl pin for when I get my shawl knitted and a crochet hook for Abi. I got a little excited when I saw Jane Greenoff as I was thinking wow she is actually a designer and here she is! Lol! I did treat myself to a kit of hers. It wasn't on my list but Mouse showed me it and I couldn't resist! 


Mouse and I saw each other a few times so stopped for a natter and I also met the lovely Kate, Sandra and Ally. I also saw some ladies from where I live who were on coach trips there including my friend Gill. I don't think I have ever seen so many people in one place. I don't honestly know how many people must have gone through the doors on Thursday alone but it was packed! It was extremely tiring and I think I wore my DH out walking round and round! I went to Trudy Anne Designs 3 times and bought something all 3 times, The Nimble Thimble twice but only bought once and Sparklies twice but only bought once! I actually came home with money too! Shocking isn't it?!!!! However there's always a little internet shopping as, after all, I am using November as my free month for Stitch From Stash!

I took some stitching and some knitting with me but only got a bit of knitting done. After the show on Thursday DH and I went out for something to eat then went to visit Mouse, Sandra and Ally for a natter and a cuppa, as they had rented a house for the duration of the show, so I got to see what Mouse had bought that day! By the time we got back to our guest house I was too tired and ended up in bed at about 10 pm! 

Yesterday we packed up, had breakfast then left the guest house to have a wander around the shops. I found The Remnant House so in I went to see if I could get some fabric and ribbons that I couldn't find at the show and sure enough I got what I wanted! This shop was crammed full of fabric, ribbons, trims, buttons! It was amazing!

So we're now home after a lovely couple of days. Harrogate is a beautiful place to visit and I am so pleased we managed to get a wander round. The Christmas lights had been switched on on Thursday evening so it was lovely to get a look at those. I don't think I have ever seen such a beautifully lit place for Christmas. Unfortunately my camera stayed in our room! I was planning on taking photos in the show with my phone but it was just so busy then I never thought to take it out to take photos around Harrogate :(

Not a lot of stitching has been done since my last post. My robin has a few stitches added and I'm hoping to get more done tonight. 

August's Poppy now has all the wording and some poppies! This is so pretty.

No Wicked Since this week but I did get some done on Tricotine which is my other SAL with Barb. That border is straight even though it doesn't look it! Lol! I think mine should be finished in a few more weeks.

Finally the January Cottage :). Loving this and the colours.


So that's it for this post. I'll be back for Stitch From Stash sometime next week. I'm guessing we still have to do some sort of report even if we're taking our free month :).

Until next time.

With much love

Sally xxx

25 comments:

Tricia T said...

I'm so glad that you had fun! What pretty fabric you got! And lots of other goodies, too. Seeing your robin makes me realize that I haven't stitched on Nativity this week. I think I'll have to make that tomorrow's all day project. :) Happy stitching!

butterfly said...

So Happy to hear you had a great time at the stitching show , mouse told me you had come back for a cupper. You brought some wonderful things , love all your beautiful stitching hugs .

Melanie said...

So glad you enjoyed the Harrogate show Sally. I go every year and love it. I went on Friday with my stitching group and will be going back again tommorow with my friend. You bought at the same stands as me, Jane Greenoff, Trudy Anne and Nimble Thimble.
Enjoy your new stitching goodies x

WendyCarole said...

So glad to hear you had such a lovely time. I didn't succumb to Nifty Needles or Trudy Anne Designs this year. I usally do! I came home with money left too but I daresay I shall find something to buy. I think we will go on Thursday again as it is so much quieter than Saturday. Last year you could hardly move and couldn't get anywhere near some of the stalls.
Nearly didn't make it to the building though. Some nutcase of a woman driver went through the red light on one of the crossings outside and John grabbed me out the way just in time! Getting knocked down twice in a life time on a crossing would be a bit much I think.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Harrogate sounds absolutely wonderful--sure wish I lived a bit closer!! Great stash haul and your robin looks lovely. You had a lot of willpower this year, saving your Stitch from Stash "free" month until November.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! I thought you would. It CAN be so overwhelming as there is just so much to look at and so much activity.

Shirlee said...

Oh my friend ... what fun! I told John about the show just a few days before it began (that's when I found out about it) & he said if I had only had my passport renewed, he would've taken me ... lol! Do wish I could've been there in person, but "attending" with you was the next best thing : ) So glad you had such a good time! Great purchases & of course wonderful WIPS : )

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I was only sitting next to Kate last week at the meet up.....
Lots of lovely goodies you bought.

Linda said...

Great new stash Sally. Sounds like a lot of fun. Your stitching looks wonderful.

Linda

Margaret said...

I'm very envious about the Harrowgate show. I keep hearing about it. Did you look at the yarn at all too? Nice new stash! Love your stitching too. Glad you had a good time!

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time at the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show--of course, you can never go wrong with stash shopping!!

You got some wonderful new stash--enjoy!!

Kate said...

So glad you enjoyed the show Sally, it was good to meet you. I see that you got the Mouse enabling treatment! I'm giving consideration to going back to the show today! Friends of mine are driving down and I'm not sure I can resist.

Michelle said...

So glad you enjoyed it Sally. It was a lovely show this year I thought. I didn't see Mouse or anyone I knew - usually bump into someone. You picked up some lovely purchases. I shall update my blog shortly with my purchases x

Christine said...

Great stitching Sally, and an awesome stash haul. I like the LHN one with the red bird.

Kay said...

I went yesterday and bought some Blackbird design charts from Trudy Ann, and some Sparklies fabric too. I am sure I looked at each stand at least twice. I do like the idea of stain govern and having a wonderful few days of it. Your poppy design is going to be beautiful, love the colours. happy stitching. x

Maggee said...

Yay! Congrats on your first Harrogate show! You purchased some great stash and supplies! We will look forward to seeing it all utilized in the future! Hugs!

Mouse said...

heheheh ... good ain't I at enabling ... was fantastic to see you and DH again and not forgetting Gill ... back home now ... tired and foot sore and looking forward to next year ... love mouse xxxx

Stitchabilities said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I am hoping to get to a show next year. Lots of lovely purchases! xx

Hazel said...

What a fab trip. I have never been you know? Maybe next year...

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you had a good time and found some new stitching goodies.

Mii Stitch said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! Fabulous goodies and beautiful stitchy update too :)

Carol said...

How nice to see some stitching friends at the show, Sally! It sounds so delightful and your great new stash will be such a nice reminder of your happy day. Lovely progress on all of your WIPs--that Robin just amazes me each time I see it :)

Andrea said...

I'm so pleased to hear you had a good time. I'm looking forward to seeing you stitch up a storm with all that new stash. Wonderful WIPs as always.

Lois said...

Sounds like you'd a wonderful time at Harrogate, Sally! A friend went over but I haven't heard yet how she got on. When the show is in Belfast it is nothing like the Harrogate one, not a cross stitch chart in sight!!

Lovely new stash, that will keep you going for awhile!!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Sally, you seemed to have had a great time and a lot of fun at Harrowgate. I love your new stash haul, the stitching fabrics you bought are a dream. Sharon (Shebafudge) once directed me to Sparklies and after Christmas I will have to order some of their fabric.