Wednesday 23 July 2014

July Stitch From Stash & Another Finish!

It has soon come around to my Stitch From Stash report. I can't believe that we are a week away from August.  Also ow on earth did that happen?

This month does seem to have been rather productive in the finishing department and I have also started some older stuff from my stash :).

So my big finish for July is this beauty.





Brightneedle Lo How A Rose ( from the Better Homes and Gardens Christmas book )

32 count Crafty Kitten Fall Foliage ( lighter dye that Dawn did for me )

DMC

Started 8th March 2014

Finished 20th July 2014.

The book is now on the way to Barb :) Thank you Lois once again for sending me it.

I have made a little progress on Country Cottage Needleworks Frosty Forest Snowman's Cottage.

Day 9 of the 12 Days of Christmas didn't quite get finished so Barb and I will, hopefully, finish it this Friday.

Almost finished JBW Designs Our Family.

I made a start on June's Honeysuckle.

New start in the parlour over at Needlecraft Haven was Little House Needleworks Needleworker. I messed up and had to frog twice!

Another new start in place of Warm Winter Woolens is Just Nan Wintry Mix. I've had this in my stash for God knows how long!

Do you remember this finish I had last year? Finally all finished up properly!



I'm debating what to start in place of Lo. It may be a Carriage House Samplings from a JCS magazine that Suzanne passed on to me a while ago then I bet it passed on as I promised it to Faye. I've sorted threads and fabric.

So before I announce the winner of the Jane Greenoff chart I'd better fess up to my little bit of spending for July. Last year some of you may remember that my sister and I had a poem read out at our Dad's funeral and I was after a chart of one of the verses which was his favourite. My sister remembered him writing it in her autograph book and he'd bought me a bird bath with the verse inscribed on it. Well at the time I couldn't find anything that I liked so, just on the off chance, I emailed Diane of Silver Creek Samplers to see if she would consider charting it. I had a lovely reply from her then left it at that. A few weeks ago I noticed that she had some new releases and there it was! The verse I had asked her about so beautifully charted. It is called Garden Bliss. Thank you so much Diane for a beautiful design. I will admit to having tears in my eyes when I saw it. I entered a contest she had running to win our choice of her new releases but decided that I would buy it when the next Frosty Forest auto came out which it just has so I'm hoping I won't have too long to wait for it arriving. So I spent about £5 on that lovely chart. My Frosty Forest doesn't count as it's an auto. That leaves me with £10 from the July budget so I have £42.90 to carry over :).

So onto the winner of the chart I was giving away. Just 4 people entered, Gracie, Bianca, Dani and Cucki, and the randomiser chose Cucki :). Cucki I think I have your address so I'll get it in the post to you as soon as I can.

I was very happy to receive a message from Dani to say that I'd won one of the travelling patterns, LHN Summer Garden, so watch out for that one when I receive it and get it stitched :). Thank you Dani :).

Finally thank you to everyone who posted congratulations for Jess on her graduation. Let's hope it isn't too long before she can find a job. Poor Abi has been looking a year and still not got one. She's applied for several but not even been offered an interview.

So that's it from me for today. I should be finishing a gift so better get this post published and get my sewing machine out!

Take care everyone and  try and stay cool in the  rather warm weather we're having. It has been too hot for me I'm afraid!

With much love

Sally xxxx
 

26 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh Sally once again beautiful stitching, I have been to hot to stitch much this week , it is just to hot.

How lovely about the chart and verse look forward to seeing it. hugs.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Lo is beautiful, Sally! Everytime I see it, I want to stitch it. Congrats on a really wonderful finish. Love your SP finish too and all your WIPs look great.

Angela said...

Congrats on a lovely finish! Love all your projects you are working on. I will look forward to seeing your travelling pattern finish :)

Julie said...

Not a stitch stitched here, but you've been busy. Lots of nice things you've been working on. I too have some JN's that have been in my cupboard for years and years!
Looking forward to seeing the verse charted and stitched.

Deanne J said...

Beautiful stitching, congrats on your finishes.

How wonderful you now have a chart of the verse, can't wait to see you stitch it.

Vickie said...

Wow! What a busy bee you are!
Love what Diane did for you. So happy you will be stitching it. And the robin for your Dad. Don't forget his robin!! ;)

Katrina said...

As always, wonderful stitching Sally :)

Margaret said...

Lovely finish, and all your stitching too! Fingers crossed both girls find jobs. It's so tough out there these days.

Anonymous said...

You've been busy with some lovely stitching! Lo, What a Rose has always been a favorite. :)

Sue said...

I love that Bright Needle design and have actually been looking for it. I didn't realize it was in a Better Homes and Garden Christmas book. Can you tell me exactly which book it's in?

Beth said...

Lo a Rose is beautiful! And how awesome to have inspired the creation of a cross stitch chart. That is extra-special for sure!

Mii Stitch said...

What a fantastic sampler finish!!! It looks absolutely beautiful :)

Michelle said...

Well done on all your finishes Sally. Its too hot to stitch this week xx

cucki said...

Well done my dear..beautiful stitching.
Big hugs xx

Linda said...

Such lovely stitching and finishing Sally. I so enjoy reading your posts.

Linda

Sheryl said...

A lot of lovely stitching done. Really pretty sampler. Wish I could get around to finishing off some completed projects.

Christine said...

What a wonderful finish sally, It's beautiful. Great work on all the WIPs too

Brigitte said...

Oh Sally, what a wonderful finis this is. Congratulations. And I also love all your other stitching.
How nice of Diane to chart the verse for you. I'M very curious to see your start on it once you have the pattern.

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing. Love your Lo How A Rose finish. I wish I could get a little bit more motivated to get some finishing done ... but can't get a rush on with anything in this hot and muggy weather. It's lovely but not if you're working!

Hazel said...

Beautiful stitching Sally. I don't know how you do it all! Must go and hunt out that Silver Creek chart! Xx

Anonymous said...

A beautiful finish and lovely wips. What a lovely idea to have your Dad's favourite verse charted.
Happy stitching.

Maggee said...

Great report on your stitching. I am working on Lo now, and have decided to frog the letter A out because it is just too light! So, it was put aside for now... Love all your finishes... I think it is so neat that Diane did a chart regarding the special poem that means so much to you! Cool! I just finished Summer Garden last week, so will be posting a picture today I hope! Hugs!

Penny said...

Lo How A Rose is so pretty ~ what a wonderful finish! You have some lovely projects on the go. And I love your Gentle Stitches finish. I've seen Garden Bliss and it is such a lovely verse ~ that was sweet of Diane to chart it! Wishing both of your daughter's luck in finding a job. :)

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful stitching! I had to get the Lo pattern after I saw it here. It's in my basket of "to-do" projects. Can't wait to see the poem design. I'm excited to see your progress on Summer Garden too. That's another design I've been looking for.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Lo, it's gorgeous.

Great progress on your other projects and lovely finishing.

Good luck to your daughters in their job search

Carol said...

How beautiful your Lo finish is, Sally--congratulations!! I hope to stitch this some day myself :)

It's so hard for young people looking for jobs these days--my niece and nephew are in the same boat... They are really trying, but nothing seems to be opening up for them. I hope your daughters find something very soon!