Thursday 23 January 2014

January SFS

We are almost at the end of January so time to report on my SFS for this month as well as show my finishes, WIPs etc. There are 130 of us taking part in Mel's SFS 2014 and we each have an allowance of $25 a month but I am only going to use that for fabric,  threads and finishing items if I need them.

So if you will just bare with me for a paragraph or two I'll show my finishes etc further down.

I have had three starts from my stash this month so far. I started both Snowflower Diaries Angela and Lone Elm Lane Snow Angel on New Years Day and then Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues Kindness.  I haven't stitched on Angela since my first few stitches but hope to get  back to her soon. I'm a bit disappointed that it's only 3 new starts from my stash but there are a few days left yet to start more lol.

I have worked on several WiPs this month and actually finished 3 of those WIPs as well as finishing one of my stitch from stash starts.

As for buying stash I have been very good. I haven't bought any charts, fabric or thread other than my autos which don't count. I have, however, bought a bag of stuffing at a cost of £7.99.

Admittedly I was desperate to buy myself some stash on the first anniversary of my Dad's passing but I thought it's not going to make me feel any better and I'll just feel a failure as,  even though we have an allowance each month, I don't want to buy new charts when I have all these in my stash.
 
So that's my round up for January's SFS. Onto my finishes now!

Tuesday was my dear friend Chris' birthday and here is what I stitched for her.

Nebby Needle True Friend

36 count flax linen

DMC

Birthday Gift for Chris.

I am happy to say that Chris loves it :)

Last Friday I popped the last stitches into my one of my SALs with Barb. This is Jardin Prive La Pensee Positive which I'm sure you will have seen on many blogs of late. I just love the words on this. I plan on getting a hanger from Sew and So later in the year when I'm need of something else! Barb and I will be starting The Little Stitcher 12 Days of Christmas this Friday :)

Jardin Prive La Pensee Positive

32 count white fabric

DMC

Started 20th September 2013

Finished 17th January 2014

Monday evening and another SAL with  Barb saw me finishing this one. Ignore the year on this. My mind went into 2013 overdrive!

Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues Kindess

32 count vintage country mocha linen

DMC

We'll be starting Gratitude next week :)

Next finish is my December SAL with Chris.  Yes at long last I have finished!  I just love this piece!

Country Cottage Needleworks Silent Night

32 count linen unknown colour

DMC

Started1st December 2013

Finished 21st January 2014

Final finish, which means all 4 that I hoped to get finished are done, is this one! I actually stayed up last night until gone 11pm to finish this! However had Abi and I not been standing at the landing window watching to see where the firemen were earlier on in the evening I wouldn't have had to stay up later! Apparently someone a couple of doors down had accidentally severed an internal gas pipe. Hmmmm could have been very nasty.

Little House Needleworks Song of the Seasons

36 count WDW Straw linen

WDW

Started 8th July 2013

Finished 22nd January 2014.

So that's almost all my WiPs finished. What shall I do now? Of course Snowflower Diaries Angela will be getting some attention and I'll be carrying on with Snow Angel. I want something to replace Song of the Seasons in the parlour at Needlecraft Haven so I'm thinking of starting LHN The North Wind but I will have to change the robin for a British robin! I am also hoping to bet back to the Garden Journal series.

I joined in  the monthly challenge at Needlecraft Haven and Christine chose The Little Stitcher Sheep Day to stitch for January.  It's stitched but I have to make it up yet and have no ideas! Can't show it until reveal day and I hope I get it done before then.

Knitting now. Unfortunately I had to take back the block I was knitting right to the beginning of the pattern. It just would not go right and I was getting ready to scrap the whole thing and sell my wool! Anyway I set off again and managed to knit 20 rows without a problem so took it to craft group and knitted about 26!

So that's all I have to show for now and I'll,  hopefully, be back next week with WiPs to show and a finish that I can't show just yet. I'm feeling really pleased at getting those finishes done before the end of January. Tonight is Snow Angel with Shirlee and I am hoping for no frogs this week! I need to be stitching on winter designs seen as we still don't have snow here. We had a couple of lovely frosty mornings this week but that was it.

Until next time take care everyone.

With much love

Sally xxxx

29 comments:

Vickie said...

Lovely work Sally. I especially love Chris' gift. Have fun stitching with Shirlee tonight.
P.S. I have plenty of snow here if you want some. ;)

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching Sally ,
your SALs are looking great .
Lovely gift for Chris xxx.

Gillie said...

Packed up some snow and sent it over, Sally! We have plenty !

Not sure we can still be friends, lol, all this WiP finishing, shaking head in disbelief, grin ;)

Will have to get my skates on!

Lovely finishing and well done for not succumbing on your Dad's anniversary, you are right, probably wouldn't have helped. My SFS is looking pretty good too, just a few threads. Nearly finished my NH piece too. xxx

Tricia T said...

Sally! What a fantastic line up of stitching and finishes!!!! Your LHN pieces turned out beautifully. And I'm so proud of you with sticking to the budget. YAY!!!

Tricia

Kate said...

A fab post as ever Sally. Fantastic that you have so many finishes and they are all beautiful - I have only managed 1 small finish so far. Look forward to seeing your start on 12 Days of Christmas.

Linda said...

Another great post Sally. Congrats on all the finishes.

Linda

Bianca said...

Good for you for sticking to your goals, and congrats on your finishes. they are all lovely, my favorites are true friend and kindness :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful finishes, I especially love CCN's Silent Night!

Looking forward to more new starts! I did not join the SFS but I am also trying to stitch from my stash this year ha ha!

Hugs,

valerie said...

What a great gift for Chris! And congrats on your sampler finish! Lovely stitches as usual Sally.

Maggee said...

Wow! So much stitchy goodness in this post! You have done a lot this month! I haven't even started the Jardin Prive one yet--stuck on fabric choice...I don't have a big enough piece of grey fabric in my stash...But it is on my printer so I see it every day and remind myself to think about it! Love finishes, all of them! I look forward to seeing the next SAL progress shots! Hugs!

Margaret said...

So many finishes! They are all beautiful too!

Simply Victoria said...

How wonderful for you to have 4 finishes! Have fun starting some new ones : )

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great post, Sally! So Many wonderful finishes and especially your gift for Chris. Beautifully done!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hugs for your Dad Sally x x great stitching - SFS is looking good so far.

Kay said...

I especially like the gift you did for Chris. One of the great things about reading blogs is that I come across some lovely designs to add to my list.

Angela said...

Great SFS report and lovely progress on your projects and congrats on your finishes too :) My report will be posted this weekend.

Barb said...

Such a nice sentiment on your stitching for Chris Sally, great news on your stitching from stash .I like you am hoping to just buy essentials.
Great finishes and I am looking forward to seeing the one you are stitching with Shirlee.
Take care sweetie will see you later lol.

Pam in IL said...

Wonderful SFS report! Your stitching is beautiful. You inspire me to get working on all my WIPs, but I have to get my consignment pieces done first.

Lesleyanne said...

Doing well with your SFS goals Sally. Your finishes are gorgeous. A lovely birthday gift for Chris. Great progress on your wips. Look forward to seeing your new starts. Sending hugs your way xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow Sally! What wonderful finishes you've had! Such a productive month!!!!

Brigitte said...

Your SFS challenge is going great! And you were finishing some of your WIPs which another success. I think it's always such a lot of fun to dig out old UFOs or old charts and stitch some on them. Great WIP stitching for you, too.

Andrea said...

So many wonderful finishes. Looking forward to your start on 12 days.

Julie said...

Well done on the purchasing front, you've done great.
Lots of lovely finishes this month, Song of the Seasons is so pretty.
Beautiful gift you made for Chris.

Sharon said...

Sally, you always amaze me with how much you get done. These are just fabulous! Congrats!

Christina said...

Your gift for Chris is so pretty, no wonder she loved it.
Well done on keeping to your budget. I haven't bought anything for ages and I'm trying to stitch as many freebies as I can - there are so many good ones available!

stitcherw said...

Lots of lovelies to look at. Love the positive sampler, it is so pretty and the thoughts are perfect. Silent night is my next favorite, the coloring is beautiful, especially on the fabric you picked (even though I've had way enough of winter so far this year, LOL).
Sue

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishes Sally, congratulations

Michelle said...

Wonderful stitching Sally and your SAL's are looking lovely. xx

Catherine said...

I absolutely love your gift for Chris!! Congrats on a great bunch of finishes ~ they all are great!