Tuesday 18 December 2012

Not Much Stitching ( Picture Heavy!)

There hasn't been much stitching going on recently and all will be revealed shortly! So there isn't much stitching to show this time around! 

First of all I want to show you the ornament that Chris stitched for me for our annual ornament exchange. Chris was a little worried about this as she wasn't sure if I would like it or not but I LOVE it! It is just gorgeous. I have it hung off the garland on my mantlepiece. Thank you so much Chris.

I restarted our December SAL last week as I hated it over 1 on 28 count so I'm now doing it over 2 on 28 count and it looks so much better. I need to get a move on with this as I'm way behind now!

I didn't get anything done on HAED Guardian over the weekend but I did make progress on HAED QS Holly Fairy last week. I'm really enjoying this one. Guardian will be coming out this weekend and, hopefully, I'll get a good bit done. Maybe even get page 10 finished!

I'm afraid I've scrapped yet another piece of stitching. Last night I settled down to stitch the January Wordplay which is my SAL with Barb but I just couldn't get into it. I decided no this is not for me and have decided to scrap it and not doing anymore. The plan was to do all 12 but I just can't face it. I see no point in carrying on with something I'm not enjoying. I find it hard some nights to settle down to stitch so it's best I don't do something I'm not enjoying. I've emailed Barb to ask her if she minds if I SAL with her but on something different. 

I received a lovely birthday card from my dear friend Barb last week and inside it was a cheque for £10. Thank you so much Barb {{{{hugs}}}} I've already decided that I'm going to put it towards buying the new Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues series. Anyone who knows me well will know I love sheep so these are right up my street :)

So that's my stitching news. Now onto what we did at the weekend. We went here!

Well not just there but my other photos are on my phone! We set off from home at 5.20 on Saturday morning to be picked up by the coach in Beverley at 6 am. We got to Marble Arch in London at midday and had 4 hours in London where we walked to Buckingham Palace. We spent a while there taking photos and admiring the view before walking back and going down Oxford Street which was horrendous! It was so busy so you could hardly move at times. We had to be back to be picked up at 4 pm but of course there is always going to be someone who doesn't turn up! One couple were still not back at 4.30 so they got left behind and had to get a taxi to our hotel in Reading. The following day we up bright and early for breakfast and on the coach for 9.30 to go to Windsor. Again photos are on my phone. Windsor is a delightful place and of course the castle is there. We were back on the coach for midday for our much anticipated Harry Potter Studios Tour. This was the main reason we booked the trip. My girls have grown up with the books and films and we were so excited to be going. I took loads of photos but will just pop a few up ( Photos are clickable). Some are not so good as it was so busy you literally had to snap a photo quite quickly. I have to admit I was quite emotional when we went in as it was just so magical! 
My ticket
Doors to the Great Hall
Great Hall
Costumes
Teachers
Ice Sculpture 
Common Room
Entrance to Dumbledore's Office
Dumbledore's Memories
Sword of Gryfendor
wands of the cast
Dobby
Mirror of Erised
Death Eater
Diagon Alley
Carl and I in the Ford Anglia
Abi, Jess and I enjoying a Butter Beer at the tomb of Tom Riddle
Abi knocking on the Dursley's door.
Hogwarts

Thank you everybody for your lovely birthday wishes on my last post. I treasure your friendships more than you could know.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll have more stitchy progress next time. I've had to mark all blogs as read in my reader I'm afraid as there were just too many to catch up on.

With much love

Sally
xxxx


21 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow! What a trip. Good for all of you. Merry Christmas Sally.♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

There are far too many pretty things out there to stitch that it does't make sense to stitch something you're not into 100%. Good for your for recognizing that and making a much needed change!

It looks like a wonderful trip!

cucki said...

wow very lovely trip..
chrsitmas hugs for you x

butterfly said...

Lovely post Sally , love all the photo's looks like you had fun.
Lovely gift from Chris.

Anonymous said...

Sally,

Chris's Ornament is beautifully done. Holly Fairy is coming along.

Looks like you had a great family trip. Thank you for sharing your pics.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hugs!

Michelle said...

Oh Sally what a trip - I can understand why you were emotional. Bless you xx

Barb said...

Delicate shade of green here Sally, how fabulous to go see HP studio. Love the pics of you and the girls.
Love the ornie Chris did for you. No problems about you stitching whatever on Mondays.
Hugs

Fiona said...

Sounds like an awesome trip. I am hoping to get my HAED grided this week. Do you have any hints on how to do it?

Margaret said...

What a wonderful trip! Where is that?? I envy you all for going. lol! Looks just wonderful! We're all HP fans here, except maybe for the father type. :D

Nicola said...

WHAT FUN, thank you for sharing.

Julie said...

Fabulous trip to remember for you all, how exciting.

Ellen said...

Love the ornament from Chris! Thank you for sharing photos of your wonderful trip, would love to visit HP studio ha ha!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Catherine said...

Oh, my boys would love that place!! So glad you were able to have time away!

Mouse said...

ohhhhh think I may have to go and visit now :) thanks for sharing and making me jealous hehehehe, sorry about your stitching mo jo deciding you don't like that chart but as I said earlier chill, relax and go back to it later .. we all have sooo much on this time of year that it has an impact on the stitching front ...
and why did I know you would go for the sheep eh ??? heheheh :) love mouse xxxxxx

Christine said...

Lovely stitching Sally and the ornament from Chris is beautiful. I quite agree, there is no point stitching on a piece you no longer enjoy.
The Harry Potter studio looks amazing

Chris said...

What a beautiful exchange piece.
It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

Carol said...

What a fun trip that must have been, Sally--great photos you took, too...Thanks for sharing :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful ornament!!! What great fun you must of had at the Harry Potter exhibit!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely stitching as always Sally. Great pictures from the HP Studio. I would love to take my boys next year.

Brigitte said...

I'm tremendously behind with my blog reading but get slowly back into the swing of things.
I loved to read about your visit in London and at the Harry Potter Studios. It must have been a real treat. Thanks for sharing all these pictures.

corinne said...

Oooooh you're so lucky ! Thank you for thé pictures of Harry Potter !! I hope one day I will see it myself ! From paris it's a long trip !