Tuesday 13 February 2018

New Starts & Finishes

Hello! Here we are in February and it has been chilly. We haven't had anything more than a few light snow flurries which has been so disappointing. Some parts of the country have had quite a bit but I'm still hoping! In the meantime I'll just stitch Winter.

So since my last post I've had quite a few finishes so that means a few new starts. First the finishes.
 

Lizzie Kate A Little Stitch

32 count Lambswool linen

DMC

Started 3rd January 2018

Finished 7th January 2018.

Birthday gift for Chris.

Of course this was finished when I did my last post but I couldn't show it as it was a birthday gift for my dear friend Chris. I am happy to say that she loved it :)

Another finish is this one.

Mani Di Donna Winter Cottage in a ball

Weeks Dye Works gingham linen

DMC & GAST

Started 1st January 2018

Finished 24th January 2018

Please excuse my photos. I think I had my settings wrong on my camera!

As you may remember Barb and I stitch on Lizzie Kate Designs on a Monday evening. I finished this one.

Lizzie Kate Christmas Sampler

28 count Amber linen

DMC

Started 20th November 2017

Finished 22nd January 2018

Then I started this one and finished it at craft group today.

Lizzie Kate Flora McSample 2016 Treats Do You Hear What I Hear

28 count Lambswool linen

DMC

Started 29th January 2018

Finished 13th February 2018

On Fridays Barb and I stitch on sheep designs.I popped the last stitches into this.

Little House Needleworks Born in a Manger

40 count vintage country mocha

CC & DMC

Started 10th November 2017

Finished 12th January 2018

Now I have started The Drawn Thread The Pastoral. No sheep yet!

As I said finishes mean new starts. First one is Country Cottage Needleworks Snow Place Like Home 1. I'm stitching it on 40 count vintage country linen using the suggested threads.

Barb, Sue ( no blog) and I are SALing on the new LHN Farmhouse Christmas series and we started it a week last Sunday. I am using threads from my stash for this one.

Lisa and I made a start on our stocking SAL. It is going to take us years to get them done but it's nice to stitch on it just one night a month. My start doesn't look much but this is 2 evening's worth.

My dragon is getting some love and I am now determined to get him done. It's going much easier now I've worked out exactly what I'm doing!

Of course Lisa and I are working on doing 300 stitches a week on a BAP of our choice and I'm doing well at keeping up with mine.

I almost forgot that I got my Winter Days Sewing Basket made up. It is far from perfect as I really struggled with it.



Finally you may remember my Baa-ble hat from my last post. Well I decided that it was too big and I was likely to lose it off my head so out it came. I had to order some smaller DPNs to knit it up again and it's finished and fits much better this time :)

So far 2018 has not been brilliant. Well it actually started Christmas Day going to a family meal and just went from bad to worse quite quickly. My eldest DD has been suffering with anxiety attacks and a couple of weeks ago it got so bad that she couldn't even leave the house to go to work. I rang our surgery to ask for a home visit but I was refused one because she's too young. I felt like screaming well what the hell am I supposed to do! Thankfully they were able to give her a phone appointment and she was given short term medication so that she could eventually get to the surgery. That was fun  trying to get her there last week as she had an anxiety attack but the staff were very good. Anyway she is now on longer term medication and seems to be doing that bit better. She is managing to get out the house now with me for short walks but the doctor has signed her off work for 3 weeks. It has been awful seeing her like this and it made us all very anxious but fingers crossed she's starting to improve. We know it's going to be a long haul and that there could be set backs.

That is all my news for now. Until next time.

With much love.

Sally xxxx

23 comments:

Irene said...

bellissimi i tuoi lavori e auguri per tua figlia ♥

Shelly said...

Lots of great finishes! Love the starts. I'm thinking of starting some new things. So sorry about your daughter. Sending thoughts across the pond that she continues to improve and that there are no setbacks. 2018 has seen a rough start, personally, and in other ways.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Sally. Love all of your new starts. Sending hugs and happy thoughts for your daughter.

Linda

Manuela said...

So many wonderful finishes and works in progress.

Mary said...

Sally, you are so incredibly productive in your stitching! I just love that LK Stitch every day, it's on my to buy list. Winter Days basket is just darling, your finishing is fabulous. I'm going to order the farmhouse and hope to get it done by next Christmas, so much to do, so little time. How wonderful that you and Barb get to stitch together.
I hope your daughter has success with the medication, I can imagine how stressful it is to see her suffer.

Carol said...

Such lovely stitching and finishes, as always, Sally! I just love beautiful sewing basket you completed. I would never be able to tell you struggled with it...

I hope and pray that your oldest will find the right medications to help her anxiety. It can be so debilitating... Take care now ♥

Clare said...

You have been so busy. The `Pastoral` pattern is lovely.Are you framing or making needle book like I am. Did you know that Lizzie Kate is finishing. I will miss her lovely patterns and of course the mystery Christmas designs. :(
At least we still have some other favourite to stitch. Happy Stitching.

Justine said...

So sorry to read about the health problems your daughter is having. Anxiety is horrible. She has lots of support at home which will definitely help her.((Hugs))

Your stitching is beautiful as always, so many sheep! I love the basket you made, it looks perfect to me. It must have been a challenge to finish. And your gorgeous HAED designs too! Happy stitching.

butterfly said...

What a great post Sally such beautiful stitching and finishing .
I always look forward to your posts .
I just found out Lizzie Kate will be retired soon , I hate to see her go , we will miss those lovely charts.
Sorry to hear about your daughter I had the same thing some years ago after a operation .
I lost my confidence to go out anywhere it will pass with time , hugs.

Barb said...

Such a lovely post Sally ,lots to drool over and you have got so much done. I do feel for you all with the problems with your daughter as you know my grandaughter has been going through the same thing. She still worries about the what ifs ,but is a lot better.Loving our sals and despite me falling off the stash wagon from time to time you do keep me on the straight and narrow.

Vickie said...

Sally, I am praying for Jessica. I am so sad to hear of this. I know this is hard on ALL of you.❤️
A Little Stitch is fantastic!! Just love it!! Winter Cottage is so sweet. So is Christmas Sampler. You have so much going as usual my friend. Your Winter Days Basket is awesome Sally! Wow!

Kay said...

I always look forward to your posts and really enjoy seeing all of your stitching. I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, I have a teenage son who suffers with depression and sometimes it feels like I am living in a nightmare trying to help get things better. As mental health issues seem to be in the forefront at the moment due to support from the Princes I ams till surprised how hard it actually is to get help. Thinking of you all. x

Julie said...

So many pretty finishes. The basket looks delightful and Chris's gift us beautiful.
I've put in a request to DS for the baa-ble hat for Mothering Sunday gift as he stood behind me on the computer when I was looking at your super finish and asked if I would like it - he's getting the proper wool too he says .... fingers crossed he orders the right stuff lol.
(Big hugs) to you all, my DD suffers with anxiety issues, it seems to be so popular with the younger ones these days.
Xx

Katie said...

So many beautiful pieces in your post. Love each one. Congrats on the finishes and Good luck with the starts. I'm so sorry about your daughter. I have had anxiety attacks so I know how she feels. It's so hard to understand why you just can't stop it. I hope they find the right meds for her very quickly. I also hope her job understands and helps her during this time instead of adding to the frustration. we have had a rocky start too. Hopefully this year gets better for everyone.

RJ said...

So many pretty stitches Sally...one is prettier than the next. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Christine said...

Lots of lovely stitching there Sally, I particularly like the Merry and Bright sampler.
I hope the medication helps your DD and that she is feeling better soon

Bethan said...

So many beautiful projects - you have been very busy! I love your little dragon! Sorry to hear about your daughter - I hope she is on the mend soon x

Maggee said...

You have certainly been very busy, and all these finishes and starts show that! They are all wonderful! I am basically doing the same thing... start something new if/when I finish something! Basically...!!! Ha! So sorry to hear about your daughter. Here's hoping they find the right medicine to help her manage the anxiety. Hugs!

Penny said...

You have some lovely finishes, Sally! The Drawn Thread has so many pretty patterns, and I will be looking forward to seeing your progress on The Pastoral. And you would never know you struggled with the Winter Days Sewing Basket -- it's beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. It is agonizing to see our children go through something like this and dealing with the medical personnel can be especially frustrating. I know it is never a straight course, but I do hope she is doing better. I will keep both of you in my prayers. Hugs to you.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots of lovely finishes and new starts. I think your sewing basket is brilliant. I hope that your DD continues to improve.

Karoline said...

You've had some gorgeous finishes and wips, your basket finish is lovely.

I hope that the medication is effective and that your daughter is feeling better soon

Brigitte said...

Such lovely finishes, Sally. And a lot of stitching on your other projects.
I hope your daughter will be better soon.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous work on the finishes, especially well done for fully finishing too!

Sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully the meds are working and she's feeling a little better now.