Friday 21 July 2017

I've Had My Sewing Machine Out!

Hello everybody. Since my last post I have been quite busy stitching and also I've been finishing up some pieces to display. Yes how I love finishing lol! So it's another picture heavy post but my finishing pile has got down a little bit!

I have had a couple of finishes which, of course, means new starts but I'll begin with the finishes!

First finish that is also fully finished off is this one. It took a while a stitch as I was only stitching on it for a couple of hours a week at the craft group I go to.

Little House Needleworks My Lady at Christmas

32 count Chromatic Alchemy Cassia Rose murano

Classic Colorworks & DMC

Started 28th March 2017

Finished 3rd July 2017.

My second finish is this one.

Lizzie*Kate I Cannot Count My Day Complete

32 count Lambswool linen

DMC

Started 22nd June 2017

Finished 13th July 2017.

On to my making up now. These were stitched mostly this year, with one last year and and one in 2015! 







I'm really pleased with how these all turned out but I really wish I could get the bottom edge straight when I sew the hole up.

As I said I've had a few new starts. I had finished the piece I was stitching on for the sheep SAL Barb and I are doing so I chose to start Plum Street Samplers Merry Ewe which is one of the Jack's Sweet Shoppe series. Does anyone know where I can get the tart pans in the UK please? I've looked in cookery shops etc etc and looked online but can't find any that are the right size. It needs to be 4.75".

I also have another sheepy start as I couldn't resist starting this one from my stash. It is another Plum Street Samplers and it is 1831 Christmas.

Hmm I have done my usual and forgotten to take one of my new starts! I started The Primitive Hare Prim Christmas from last year's JCS ornament issue to take to craft group with me. I'll try and remember to take a photo next time.

My final new start is Stitchrovia's charity SAL Quotes to Live By. Oh this is going to take some stitching but it will be so worth it. 

I'm still stitching away on Silver Creek Samplers Through the Storms and it looking really good even though I say so myself!! 

Final piece is driving me mad! I really wish I could get this finished but I'm at the stage where I really don't want to stitch on it anymore. However I will get it finished as it's such a beautiful piece.

That's all my stitching news for now. I'll see you all next month with more making up hopefully! My sewing machine will be coming out again :)

Take care everyone.

Until next time.

With much love Sally xxx

26 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow!! That is a LOT of finishing Sally! And cuteness! Who is in the tiny picture that My Lady is holding? LK I Cannot Count My Day Complete is adorable. So is your new sheepy start.

Kay said...

Fabulous makes, they do look lovely all made up. It is hard to persevere with a piece that is driving you nuts, I have a poppy piece that I know I must finish but I keep putting off. x

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes Sally. I love all of your new starts. I need to start the Stitchrovia piece. Actually, I'm beginning to get startitis but still refraining from it. lol Do like a 100 stitches a week on Santa and he will eventually get done.

Linda

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, just look at all this wonderful eye candy! You certainly have been busy stitching and finishing. All your finishes are great, I really like how you have coordinated the fabrics to the stitch, love your choice of fabric for Forget me not. The winter is darling, I love the tiny ball trim on it and love how you layered the ribbon on the little Florist stitch.
I have Merry Ewe and I want to start that one soon too.
Someone told me that if you leave the opening to stuff on the side that your eye is not drawn to it as much as if you leave the opening on the bottom. I'm going to try that the next finish I do.

I think your finishings look great!! Enjoy your weekend. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Cindy's Stitching said...

So many finishes. Love My Lady. have a great weekend

Beth said...

Wonderful finishes! Very creative.

butterfly said...


Lovely finishes they all look so beautiful.
Great new starts .
Father Christmas is looking wonderful .
Enjoy your weekend.

Julie said...

Delightful collection of finishes Sally, you have been busy with the sewing machine.
Pretty new starts, sorry I can't help with the tart tins, hope someone can.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

So many wonderful finishes. Well done you. Irene xx

Carol said...

What gorgeous finishes, Sally! I think my favorite is the Cricket Collection Winter design--so adorable :) I hope you push through and finish your fabulous Santa--just picture how proud you'll be when he is done!!

RJ said...

Sally your finished stitches are absolutely wonderful. I love all of them so much. And your new stitches will be just as great. I have quite a few of these patterns and look forward to stitching them also. Happy stitching. RJ@stitching friends forever

Annas Nadelbuch said...

So many wonderful projects. Each one is so beautifully finished.
Best wishes , Carmen

Rachel said...

Wow, you have been a busy girl, Sally! Your little cushions are all lovely, as are your new starts.
Keep your chin up about Santa; he's far too gorgeous to leave unfinished. Perhaps if he's becoming more of a burden than a joy to stitch a little break from him might be a good idea? I don't know how your mind works but mine would tell me to return to him when I had reached a specific goal on something else. I'm sure I speak for others when I say we're all rooting for you! :)

LaNelle said...

Lovely stitching and finishing❤️...

Christine said...

Great stitching and finishing Sally

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, you have had a finishing flurry! I'd also like to know about the little photo on Miss Christmas.
I agree with Linda, set a goal of 100 stitches for Santa and he will get done in time.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Everything is beautiful! I admire your skill!
Hugs!

Barb said...

Wow Sally what a lovely post, lots of stitching to admire. I find that if I stitch
up at the bottom it does not lie straight. When you stitch up on the machine, when you cut the back fabric ,cut it about an inch longer than the front. Cut in half and then stitch a little down from the top, leave a gap and then stitch to bottom.Then put right sides together and stitch all the way round. Turn iside out and stuff as usual,close the gap with ladder stitch and you wont have the unstaight bottom!! If you can make head or tail of that you are a better man than I am.lol.x

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sally, it seems that the finishing bug has visited. All these fully finished smalls are so gorgeous. Great job. I don't know if I could bring myself to fully finish so many smalls in a row.
Nice new starts as well. And great progress on Through the Storms. I love this one a lot.
So sorry that you don't enjoy stitching on the Santa at the moment. Maybe you should put him aside for a while and stitch more on other things. And when you pull him out again you could perhaps finish him.

Maggee said...

First of all, IF this comment comes out below Barb's... that is a finishing technique that you can watch on Vonna's Twisted Stitcher tutorial blog... I am about to get my machine out and you can be sure I will be doing that finish also! I love all of your finishes. Great coordinating backing fabrics, plus lovely embellishments! You have been very busy, with all those new starts too! I'm doing the same... finish one, start a new one. It's keeping me going! Thanks for sharing it all with us! Hugs!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Wow, you've finished so many beautiful things, your fingers must fly with the cotton xx

Pull the other thread said...

Congrats on your to Happy Dance pieces, they look great. You did so much making up, well done they all look wonderful. Love your two new starts, so sweet. Sorry to hear Santa is being a troublesome piece for you, you are so close to the end with it though.

Justine said...

Wow Sally you certainly have been busy! Everything is so lovely. I adore the Cassia Rose fabric you used for your LHN lady. I'm using it myself and it's so pretty.

Your finishing is stunning as always. My favourite is the Winter one but they are all lovely and you choose just the right fabrics and details to finish them off.

I find ladder stitch is a good way to stitch up the hole in my ornaments but as I put off finishing for as long as possible I'm no expert!

Santa looks amazing. If you're not feeling the love for him I would put him away. Maybe you will feel like getting him out nearer to Christmas?

Andrea said...

Sally ... all of your stitching and finishing is wonderful.

I usually put a seam in the back piece of fabric. Then machine stitch all the way around and turn through the whole in the back. Ladder stitch it closed after stuffing.

I did see a tart tin in a local kitchen shop but it was a 5" one. I suppose you have tried the usual Amazon, Ebay local supermarkets?

StitchyDragon Creates said...

You have been so busy Sally!!! What a beautiful bunch of finishes and well done getting so many made up too!! Lovely new starts, maybe as Christmas approaches you will feel more in the mood for stitching on Santa? I do sympathise as I have a project like that and I'm caught between wanting to see the back of it and not wanting to see it at all lol Happy stitching :-)
Helen

Astrids dragon said...

They all look so lovely! Good for you getting them all done and you've been able to stitch too!
Is My Lady holding a special photo from your family?