Thursday 1 October 2015

Birthday Gift for Lainey

Last Thursday was my lovely friend Lainey's birthday. When I was searching through my stash to see what I could stitch for her I found the perfect thing as, like me, she loves sheep and snowmen! 

Shepherd's Bush Happy Snowman (  freebie that can be found on the Shepherd's Bush website)

32 count fabric

DMC

Birthday gift for Lainey.

OK I know it's not exactly the thing to stitch for a September birthday but Lainey loves it and that is all that matters! Besides since when I have stitched for the season lol!

I have also been trying to get some bits finished off to display. These 2 Christmas ornaments were almost finished last time I posted.

This one I got finished at the weekend along with The Snowflower Diaries Autumn Witch.



I was panicking that the October Cottage wasn't going to get finished in time and had I not stitched on it Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evening it wouldn't have been! 

A small start was made on November. Let's hope I don't have a mad rush on this one!


A while ago I finished stitching a little ornament for Clare's church tree and here it is all made up and ready to go in the post. 

Christmas Birdhouse is looking more like a birdhouse now!

I have finally sown all the grass on A Full Heart and look I've built a fence too!

Last but not least my lovely robin. Not too much more to do on page 5! 

A massive thank you to everyone who commented on my last post and has stuck with me even though I haven't been commenting. I actually caught up with everyone and really enjoyed seeing what everyone was up to. 

We had a very sad start to our week this week as our little budgie Billy passed away. The house is way too quiet without him and we all miss him very much. I have looked on my PC for a photo of him and am very sad that I don't have any on it but I am sure we have some somewhere. So I found this one from my blog when we first got him. He could be terribly cranky but also very sweet.

That's all my news for now.

Take care everyone.

With much love

Sally xxx

22 comments:

Tricia T said...

Your finishing is putting me to shame, Sally! I have SO many to finish!!!! So sorry to hear about your bird. :( It's lonesome without him I'm sure. Lainey's present is perfect! What a cute snowman! I need to go look up that chart, especially if it is free! :) Have a splendid day!

Vickie said...

Love Lainey's gift. Hope she is doing well.
I am listening to our Winky the budgie as I type. I am sorry. Winky looks similar to Billy. How old did he live to be? Winky is 7 1/2 years old now.

Mouse said...

blimmy if I managed to get half as much as you have done in a week i would be jumping for joy ..lol ... love the finishes :) sorry about the wee budgie .... it certainly makes a difference when they have gone doesn't it ....
gorgeous gift for lainey too ... simply perfect :) love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Winky, Sally--I'm sure you all miss him so much!

Love what you stitched for Lainey and your other ornaments and finishes are so well done (as always!!)...

Linda said...

So sorry for your loss Sally. Congrats on all of the gorgeous finishes as always. Beautiful stitching on all of your other projects.

Linda

gominam said...

Prettiness overload in one post:) Your stitching and finishing are superb! Sorry to hear about Billy.

Anonymous said...

love budgies ♥ great finishes and wips, the robin looks amazing

Christine said...

Lovely work Sally. I must track down that Shepherd's Bush freebie and put it on my list for a future Monthly ornament challenge design.
Sorry to hear about your budgie

Manuela said...

Wonderful finishes and progress.
Greetings, Manuela

Justine said...

Sorry to hear about Billy, I bet you will all miss him. Could you stitch a little tribute to him?
Your stitching and finishing is beautiful as ever - how you find the time amazes me!

Kay said...

You have been very busy with all of your finishes, I especially like the sweet gift for Lainey. x

Margaret said...

I'm so sorry your Billy died. :( I know you must miss him horribly. Love seeing all your stitching -- beautiful finishes and love that snowman present!

Unknown said...

You have soooooo many beautiful pieces in this post! Those ornaments are all really gorgeous and they inspire me to make some very cute ones in the future. Hoping to do Brooke's Books Advent Animals next year, so I will have to keep your ornaments in mind when it comes to finishing. Sorry to hear about Poor Billy. It will be hard for a while, but hopefully you have some fond memories of him to help you get through.

Irene said...

Oh Sally, mi dispiace tanto per Billy. I tuoi lavori sono meravigliosi

Annette-California said...

So sorry to hear about your Billy! Such a pretty bird!
Oh Sally - your finishes are all spectacular! Great job!
I love seeing all you've stitched. love Annette

Mii Stitch said...

Lainey's gift is just lovely!! I'm sure she will treasure your make :)
Beautiful finishes as always!!

Julie said...

A lovely gift for your friend and lots more nice finishes too.
Sad news about your much loved pet {hugs} x

Maggee said...

Boy, when you start finishing, you really get going and do a LOT! They are all beautiful... inspiring! And I am sure you will have those small WIPs done in no time! Sorry about Billy--I have had birdies as pets and they get into our hearts just like dogs and cats, don't they? Now I am an avid birdwatcher! :) interesting... Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lots of beautiful pieces.

Michelle said...

Wow Sally you are busy stitching - lovely pieces xx

Brigitte said...

Lainey's gift is really perfect for her, I remember that she loves everything sheep and was showing a lot of it on her blog.
You were on a finishing spree, weren't you? So many wonderful ornaments! And great progress on your WIP pieces.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous stitching ♥♥♥