Thursday 9 October 2014

Travelling Pattern Winner Plus Some Stitching

I am sure you're all itching to know who the next stitcher of the travelling pattern is but I'm going to leave announcing it until later in my post!

I had hoped to have my interpretation of the travelling pattern all sewn up but, unfortunately,  I hurt my lower back on Monday whilst getting ready to leave Gill's after helping her out at her open day. Something as simple as bending to zip my boot up left me in pain and discomfort.  So much so that when I set off to walk home I knew I wouldn't make it so thankfully Gill said I could stay until my DH got home from work and could pick me up. I haven't set foot outside the house since until day when  I very slowly and carefully walked round the corner to the PO. I am relieved to say that I have been able to get comfortable to stitch or knit with breaks to move about or I'd have been climbing the walls with boredom!

I can't show everything I have been stitching as one is a gift and I'm just hoping I can get it finished off soon as it needs to be in the post in the next week really. However I can show my WIPs.

I am hoping that poor Barb has finally had some luck with Tra La La Tricotine. I am sure she must be cursing me now for buying this design for us but it is just so lovely. Here is where I am.

Lisa and I are continuing our SAL of our HAED Christmas designs. I managed to get a good bit done on my lovely robin. I wonder if I can aim to have him finished by Christmas 2015?!

Speaking of HAEDs I made a little more progress on Mini Jolly Old Fellow. I sat for a while yesterday as though Gill and I were having our crafting morning and decided to fill in some of Father Christmas' hat. I am really enjoying stitching on this again and would love a page finish before the end of the year.

I have been house building on Frosty Forest. Need to get a move on as the snow has started to fall a little and those bluebirds are going to need shelter! Lol! Oh dear I am losing the plot!


Meanwhile on July's Delphinium the lemonade is chilled and ready to drink :)

Final WIP is Garden Bliss which is coming along so beautifully even though I say so myself. Not much more to do now.

I saw on Vickie's blog a while ago that she had shown her top 5 ornaments from the JCS Christmas ornament issue. So I have decided to show mine. I have to say I am a little disappointed in it this year although there are still several I would like to stitch and it won't stop me buying it again next year. 

So, in no particular order, these are my top 5.

Little House Needleworks Snowy Days

Country Garden Stitchery Snowflake Frost

Blue Ribbon Designs A Woodland Wish

New York Dreamer Merry Christmas

Nikyscreations Faith

Are any of these in your top 5? There are others that narrowly missed out!

Well I have kept you guessing long enough so I'd better announce the next stitcher of the travelling pattern. I lazily used a random organiser to do the picking for me lol!

There were 10 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Nic
Stitching Noni
Ellen
Beauty Bonnet
Erin
Pam in IL
Kathy A
Jhm
Lindsay
RuthB
Timestamp: 2014-10-09 11:52:15 UTC

Congratulations Nic! Please email me with your name and address and I'll get it in the post ASAP.  My email is in my profile :). If you weren't lucky this time follow it to Nic's blog and try again over there!

Well that's it for me for this time.  The weather is getting cooler so guess I'd better get a move on with Jess' poncho. I'm 20 cm off finishing the first strip but with it being chunky yarn it grows very quickly.

Take care everyone.

Until next time.

With much love

Sally xxxxx

26 comments:

gracie said...

Each of your projects is so lovely....like your choice of ornaments from JCS...I have not made a list, but there are a few that I am thinking about.

Carol said...

So sorry to read that your back is aching, Sally! It is amazing how such a simple thing can set off pain in our backs and necks... Hope it heals soon.

Love your progress on all of those WIPs and your ornament choices are ones I would have selected, too--especially the LHN and Nikyscreations ones. Have fun stitching them :)

Tricia T said...

I hope that you'll be back on your feet soon, Sally! Your stitching is so pretty. I especially like the fabric that your garden piece is stitched on. And the progress on your HAED's! They are so fun to stitch and see come to life!

Take care!

Tricia

Mii Stitch said...

Hope you're feeling better with your back.
Garden Bliss is just stunning!
Nice top 5 of Xmas ornies :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sorry to hear about your back, but your stitching is as prolific as ever! It would be so nice to see that Christmas Ornament finished this year!

I wasn't too impressed by this year's Ornament Issue either.

Kate said...

Bad back = misery, I hope you get some relief and very soon.
Gorgeous stitching update as ever, really like your new SAL with Barb.

Nic said...

Wow - thanks so much - can't wait to stitch the travelling pattern and pass it on. Will e-mail you with my details now :-)

Linda said...

I always so enjoy reading your posts Sally. You always get so much stitching done each week. Wonderful progress on all your lovely projects. Great ornament choices.

Linda

Sheryl said...

Amazing lot of stitching. I love how the robin is coming along. I haven´t started on my Xmas stitching yet. Hope your back is better.

Vickie said...

Oh Sally. I know all too well how it is to be stuck at home due to pain. I am sorry my friend. I am praying for your wellness.
I chose Faith as well in my top 5.

Brenda A said...

Booo to the back pain. I hope it goes away soon! Your projects are looking great though!

cucki said...

Hope you get well soon dear
Sweet stitching xx

Ruth said...

Congrats on the stitching progress -- everything looks so nice. Thanks for sharing your favs from the ornie book. I have yet to invest in one this year since I found the last two rather lack luster.

Margaret said...

I hope your back is feeling better very soon! Isn't it awful how one can tweak a back or some other body part just in passing? Ugh! Love all your stitching! I'm waiting for my JCS ornie issue to arrive. I really like that New York Dreamer Marry Christmas one for some reason. It really caught my eye!

Christine said...

Oh dear Sally, I hope your back is feeling better.
Lovely stitching, I would never have that patience to tackle a haed.
My JCS still hasn't come so I can't pick a top five (sniff)

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Sally, this isn't funny to hear. I hope that your back pain will soon be healed and completely disappear. BUt at least you could stitch and knit a bit while beingconfined to your armchair.

You made some lovely progress on your WIPs, they are all so beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing Garen Bliss finished soon. It's such apretty design.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Hope you are 100% soon! I just got myJCS and haven't had a chance for a thorough review. Love your top 5!

WendyCarole said...

Love all your stitching. Hope your back is better soon.

Mary Ann said...

Sally, I hope your back is feeling better!

Wonderful progress on all your pieces!! I really like Garden Bliss.

Emma/Itzy said...

I hope your back is starting to feel better...the cold over the last few days has really go to my weak ankle and I am hobbling about much to the other half's amusement!

Lovely stitching progress, I just love the Robin!

I have yet to get the JCS ornament issue..but looking at those I might have to! :)

Lindsay said...

Hope your back is doing a little better today. It surprising how easy it is to damage something doing an everyday thing isn't it. I sprained my knee putting my slippers on!

Your PHDs are looking lovely. I don't have my copy of the ornie issue yet but your number 2 will def make my top 5

Frances said...

So sorry your back is bothering you and hope it'll be better soon!
You have really been stitching! What lovely pieces!!
I like the ornaments you selected from the magazine and I hope to stitch some of those same ones. I really like the New York Dreamer Merry Christmas.

Heather said...

I am so glad that you have been able to stitch and knit while your back has been poorly! Those are the only things that keep me from going crazy! :-)

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Your stitching is lovely as ever! You are making great progress!

I haven't gotten the new ornament issue yet. I'm not sure if I am going to get it. I haven't heard great things about this year's issue. I love the ones that you have shown.

I hope that you are feeling better!

Melody said...

I am sorry to read about your back pain. That is no fun for sure! I am glad you were able to do some stitching while you were recovering. I know what you mean about going nuts with nothing to do...

Anne said...

Lovely amount of stitching you have done Sally. Really impressed with the Christmas Robin and I think finishing it by 2015 is a good goal. I have yet to get my JCS magazine but those ones you've chosen I would say hit my list too! Congrats to Nic!

Julie said...

Your robin is looking so lovely Sally and lots more little x's you've been putting in too.
Hope you are soon pain free and able to get about more.
I'm waiting for my JCS to arrive, should be here this week fingers crossed then I can see why everyone seems so disappointed this time.
take care x