Wednesday 22 October 2014

In Memory Of My Dad Finish & October Stitch From Stash

Well I did say I'd be back hopefully with a finish and I am! Of course I thought I might be jumping the gun a little as when you think you're close to a finish that last little bit seems to take forever! So without further ado here it is!




Silver Creek Samplers Garden  Bliss

32 count Crafty Kitten Vintage Petals

DMC

In Loving Memory of my Dad.

I just love how this has turned out and am just so grateful to Diane of Silver Creek Samplers for designing this. I know my Dad would have loved it. I am thinking of adding some personalisation but need to find a nice alphabet and work out where etc! I have loved every single stitch of this and think my Dad will have  been with me with each one.

I am planning on starting the Country Cottage Needleworks monthly cottages next but haven't decided on fabric yet! I am probably going to use 32 count raw opalescent linen for them. 

I didn't get on quite as well as I'd hoped with Tralala Tricotine last week as I had a visit from the frog but I'm back on track now. So I only stitched a bit of grass!

A little more progress was made on my lovely robin, another memory piece for my Dad, and I am quite close to finshing the page. So it'll be 3 down, 6 to go!

Before I show anymore WIPs I'll do my SFS report for October.  We have a bonus of $50 ( around £30 ) to spend before the end of the end of the year and I'm very embarrassed to say that I have spent it * hangs head in utter shame *.  Altogether I spent £34.84 on 3 charts, 2 lots of fabric and 1 thread that I needed which means I spent £4.84 of my £15 monthly budget.  I have a total leftover balance of £59.91. Phew! Thank God for that bonus although I would still have been OK! November is going to be my free month but then I will still have a little to spend in December should I want anything I can't get at Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show!  I've finally started my list but can't decide on finishing items!

Back to my WIPs! July's Delphinium is coming along rather nicely.  I still have the purple ones to stitch but I'll,  hopefully, get those done this Sunday or at least some of them!

Finally my 3rd SAL with Barb which is Barbara Ana Designs Wicked Since.  I needed a DMC Variations for this, hence the thread I needed and of course I couldn't just order one thread so  bought some linen that was on sale! A massive piece for half the price! Anyway here's my progress on Wicked Since!

Oooh almost forgot. My finished up Shepherd's Bush Rosy Egg ( I think ) which I stitched an age ago and finally attempted a finish a few weeks ago.  It's nowhere near perfect but I am fairly happy with it. I used a polystyrene egg to finish it.

I can't show my other WIP as it's for one of my private ornament exchanges but will say I'm stitching it on some of the half price linen:). Sew and So is well worth keeping an eye on for sale fabrics.

Thank you for continuing to visit me. It still seems quiet compared to how it used to be and I sincerely hope it picks up again as Instagram and Facebook are just not the same . I much prefer blogging!

Take care everyone.

Until next time.

With much love.

Sally xxx

35 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Wonderful finish Sally, it is truly a beautiful chart :)

Vickie said...

Well yay! I am glad you agree about blogging over facebook and instagram. ;)
Fantastic finish. I am so happy for you. I know you thought of your dear father throughout this stitch. The Robin is looking great too Sally.

Heather said...

You are doing great with sfs. I am using the bonus too!

Way to go on the finish! It's gorgeous! Your other pieces are coming along nicely too!

Your egg is gorgeous!

How do you find out about fabric sales?

Emma/Itzy said...

I agree! Blogs are much more personal, you feel you get to know people better (I think so anyway)

A lovely finish and I just love watching your robin come to life.

Happy spending at the Harrogate show xx

Julie said...

A truly wonderfully stitched memory piece for you dad, its turned out so lovely Sally.

You cant tell us you spent cash and not what charts you bought.... aarrrgghhh lol.

xxx

Irene said...

Quanti lavori e tutti molto belli!

Hazel said...

What a lovely post and a beautiful finish! I forgot to say congrats as I noticed you won the DMC competition yay!! Loved seeing your name on the email. Great to recognise someone from the blogging world. x

butterfly said...

Just a beautful chart Sally I know you dad was watching you stitch every stitch.

All your stitching looks so beautiful and your finish .

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Sally. I'm sure your dad was watching. Lovely progress on your other pieces.

Linda

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Sally, your father would be pleased !!!
Gorgeous!

Justine said...

Gorgeous finish in memory of your Dad. What a lovely tribute. Some lovely WIPs on the go there too!

Kaisievic said...

So beautiful, Sally, a fitting tribute to your Dad.

angelasweby said...

What a lot of wonderful stitching going on, Sally. It's a real hive of activity. The piece in memory of your dad is truly lovely. I love that saying and the design is really inspired. It's such a moving tribute to your dad. You've stitched it beautifully.

Your robin is just breathtaking and the remainder of your WIP's are all very exciting.

I love all the nail biting calculations for your SFS programme. It sounds like great fun.

Love the fabric you are using in your SAL with Barb. Xx

Margaret said...

Love both your egg finish and your Silver Creek finish. Both are lovely! All your other stitching is wonderful too. I love instagram myself. Fast and easy, and fast and easy to check every day too.

Tricia T said...

I'm so glad you were able to finish your memory piece, Sally. I'm on the lookout for one that I can stitch in memory of my mom. I would enjoy that.

I really like your SB finish. I love it when you stitch those!! :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Both your memory pieces for your dad are so beautiful, Sally. I know he's right there with you as you stitch them.

Congrats on doing so well with Stitch from Stash, too!

Frances said...

What lovely stitching you've shown today! All of it is so pretty!
The garden piece is especially nice and I'm sure your Dad would love it tremendously! How sweet of you to honor him by stitching this in his memory.

Kay said...

It made me cry to see your lovely design for your dad all finished. xx

Kate said...

Sally what beautiful memory pieces for your Dad, hope you find your alphabet soon.

Barb said...

Ok Sally you can pick yourself up off the floor now,a comment that has been so long in coming eh. lOVE your new finish and Wicked is truly wicked ,wish I had gone with the Witch first instead of the key now!!
I will get back to blogging when Camera is fixed so much to share.
See you soon (virtually)Barb x

Melody said...

what lovely stitching!

cucki said...

Wonderful finish Sally, it is truly a beautiful stitch and its such a sweet memory my dear..
sending you big hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Beth said...

Garden Bliss is fantastic and sums up how I feel.

Maggee said...

Congrats on finishing Garden Bliss for your Father! It is a nice piece, and with personalization, you will enjoy it for years and years! All your stitches are great, but I dearly love the robin piece! However, I will live vicariously through you as I cannot possibly stitch such a BAP! Hugs!

Carol said...

Such a very special piece to have stitched in memory of your dad, Sally--I hope you find just the right alphabet to personalize it :) And your other stitching is wonderful, too--love those little black kitties in Wicked :)

Christine said...

What a wonderful finish Sally.
My blog has been quieter the last few weeks too. I don't care for twitter or instagram, I much prefer a forum where people communicate via proper sentences. (Sometimes I fear I am turning into my mother!)

Pull the other thread said...

Lovely finish and great progress n all your pieces!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your finish in memory of your Dad. I'm sure he was with you for every stitch. Lots of other beautiful finishes and WIPs too.

Pam in IL said...

Truly a lovely finish! All your stitching is great.

Michelle said...

Beautiful Sally well done your dad was with you when you were stitching I'm sure xx

stitcherw said...

Wow, lots of fun eye candy for us to look at. Garden turned out beautifully, I'm sure your dad would have loved it, and Robin is looking gorgeous as well, he has such a perky intent look to his face. Loving the Barbara Ana design, the cats are so cute, and I'm a sucker for pretty much anything Halloween. The egg was awesome too, what a fun creative way to finish it off.
Sue

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely finish (hugs) as always fab stitching.
So what did you buy or can't you say?

Maxine said...

A beautiful finish Sally I'm sure your father would love it. Your July's Delphinium is so pretty I look forward to seeing it finished :) I agree with you about blogging....although I'm on FB I just can't get on with it....I think it's much better to visit people's blogs it's much more personal and friendlier.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Beautiful finish and how nice that it is in memory of your Dad.
Lovely wips too x

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching as always Sally - your Dad would be very proud of your work, a lovely chart x x x