Thursday 13 December 2012

Yesterday...........

Was my **th birthday lol and I was spoilt rotten by my family and friends. I had a lovely day. I met up with my friend Gill, who I met through going to the craft club, and she treated me to a hot chocolate with cream and a scone with jam and cream :) We sat in the cafe chatting and I showed her how to grid as she's starting her first HAED soon. Before we knew where we were it was 4 pm. I also chatted online to my surrogate sis Lisa which I always enjoy doing. Anyway next year is a big one and I'm planning on having a tattoo to celebrate but not sure I can wait now that Abi has had one and it looks so good.

The day before my birthday Chris came to visit and we had a lovely afternoon chatting and showing our stitching. Chris is making great progress on our December SAL. I think we have decided already what next year's will be! Anyway Chris and I do an ornament exchange and this is what I stitched for her. I haven't taken a photo yet of the one she stitched for me but it gorgeous. I have it hung from the garland on my mantlepiece. Photo next blog post :)


I am going to let the pictures of my gifts do the talking!

First of all a Wish Necklace from Abi. You open up the clam, remove the pearl and pop it in the necklace. I love this. It's so pretty.

From Chris. Just look at that cute sheepie! Thank you so much Chris. I love him!

From Christine. I can't wait to use this soap as I bet it is gorgeous. Thank you so much Christine.

From my DH along with a charm for my Nominations bracelet. I love Boofle. Abi set me off with him a few years ago.

From Lainey. A wonderful selection of trims, backing fabric, a gorgeous tape measure and a gorgeous stitched piece. Thank you so much Lainey.

From Julie. She said my sewing kit was not complete without this angel :) Thank you so much Julie.

From Lesleyanne. Another cute sheepie for my collection ( can you tell I LOVE sheep?) Thank you so much Lesleyanne.

From Lisa, my surrogate sis. A gorgeous coaster with the words I need to tell myself every single day and HAED Mini Frozen Hearts which I adore. Thank you so much sis.

From Michelle. A beautiful pin cushion with a pretty pin and a lovely Primitive Betty's chart. Thank you so much Michelle.

From Karan. Some gorgeous trims and threads. Thank you so much Karan.

Thank you to each and everyone one of you for your beautiful cards and gifts and for making my birthday so special. I feel so blessed to have such sweet friends that remember my birthday. 

I had better get on now. Still way behind on blogs but no time right now to catch up. Jess is coming home today and I have things I must do before she gets here!

Take care everyone. 

With much love

Sally
xxxxx


36 comments:

cucki said...

Hello dear glad you had a fun birthday ..all the gifts are so cute.
Love for you x

WendyCarole said...

What lovely gifts. Sounds like you had a great day.

xxxx

Fiona said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday. It is my big birthday in April. Your stitched piece is beautiful and all your gifts look fantastic.

Scrap said...

lovely gifts

Vickie said...

Well, Happy Birthday Sally!!
You are very well loved obviously! =)
You made a very pretty gift for your friend.

Margaret said...

Wow, such lovely gifts! Happy belated birthday!!

Lainey said...

So many beautiful gifts Sally but I just adore your sheepie from Chris.
Glad you had such a nice day you deserve to be spoiled. Hugs!

Angela said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Lovely gifts :)

Anonymous said...

Sally,
Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds as if you had a wonderful. Your friends and family showed their love for you with some great gifts.

(((hugs)))

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday Sally.
Now I know your Birthday date .
Lovely gifts from your friends have a great day hugs .

ricketyjo said...

Happy Birthday Sally!
What a fab collection of gifts you had! Hope you had a fun day, it sounds like it was great. x

♥ Nia said...

Happy birthday sweetie!!! :D
lovely gifts =) lucky you :) sounds like you had a great time!!
hugs&smiles

Emma/Itzy said...

Glad to hear you had a great birthday! You got some great gifts too :) x

Shirlee said...

Happy Birthday Sally! You received some lovely gifts & it sounds like you had a really nice day, especially that hot chocolate with Gill : )

Lesleyanne said...

Happy Birthday Sally. Lovely gifts for a lovely lady. Sounds like you had a great day.

Christina said...

Happy belated birthday Sally. You received some beautiful gifts. I love the ornie you made for Chris - the blue looks fantastic.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your birthday - sounds like you had a wonderful time! Your stitching and finishing is beautiful and such lovely gifts received!

Mouse said...

gorgeous gifts and glad you had a fab day :) love mouse xxxxx

Karyn said...

Happy Birthday Sally!
Your day sounds fab, and your gifties are wonderful. both given and received :)
Hugs
Ma

Karyn said...

Happy Birthday Sally!
Your day sounds fab, and your gifties are wonderful. both given and received :)
Hugs
Ma

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Sally. You received such beautiful gifts.

Linda

Julie said...

It sounds like you have a had a very special couple of days with family and friends, beautiful gifts. Rather you than me with the tattoo! X

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Sally! Wonderful gifts received!

Hugs,

Gabi said...

Happy belated birthday Sally. Lovely gifts. Glad you had a great day

valerie said...

Lovely gifts Sally! Looks like you had a nice birthday filled with pretty things. :)

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday, Sally!! What beautiful gifts you received. Enjoy them all!

Carol said...

♫♪♫ Happy Birthday, dear Sally! ♫♪♫

How wonderful to be remembered by so many friends--your gifts are just lovely :)

Christine said...

Lots of lovely gifts there Sally, glad you had such a great day.
I'd never really thought about getting inked until last week when Eloise showed me my name written in Elvish, and I thought how pretty it would look on the inside of my wrist. Perhaps I'll get it henna'd on and see how I like it

Nicola said...

Beautiful birthday gifts. Friendship is a work of heart.

Chris said...

Looks like a fabulous birthday! What lovely gifts from your friends!
Hugs!!

emily said...

Hello

I found your blog through Random Ramblings.
Happy birthday!
Your finish is lovely and your birthday gifts are so pretty!
Hope you have a good weekend.

Michelle said...

So glad you enjoyed your day Sally you deserved it xx

Michele B. said...

I hope this isn't a double post - my Internet went down when I tried to send my comment. Happy belated birthday to you! Your gifts are lovely and you are indeed a treasured friend to many (and a treasured mom). I enjoyed catching up on your stitching - I especially like your TSG designs.

Siobhán said...

Happy belated birthday, Sally! It looks like you were thoroughly spoiled--I'm glad! :)

Petites xxx et Cie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Lovely gifts for a wonderful person!
Take care Dear Sally
Bisxxx

Brigitte said...

I'm sending you some very belated birthday wishes. But I think it's never too late to send good wishes. Enjoy all your wonderful gifts!