Saturday 22 December 2012

It's Almost Here.

Well it's almost here. We are having a quiet one with just the four of us. I must admit I miss family Christmases of old but the ones who held us all together are long gone. I won't get into it as I'll just end up getting upset and I do love the special time with my DH and my two girls.

I've got a finish to show which was a birthday gift for Christine. I was late posting it but Royal Mail made things worse by taking four days deliver it even though I posted it first class. This is what I stitched for her. Sorry it was so late Christine.


The Little Stitcher Snowdrop

Birthday gift for Christine.

I don't have many Wips that I can post either as one is a gift and haven't picked anything up yet to replace the wordplay I dumped. I was in the parlour with the ladies of Needlecraft Haven on Wednesday evening whilst stitching along with Chris on our December Sal. I am loving stitching CCN Gingerbread Cottage since I restarted it. The colours show up much better two over two. I love the colours. Chris and I have already decided on our next December Sal! Photo is blurry I'm afraid.


No progress to show on HAED Guardian again. I have made a bit of progress but not enough to show. Not sure I'll get any done tonight as I need to get the last few ornaments finished to hang on my tree. Speaking of ornaments just look at this beautiful ornament that arrived from my dear friend Shirlee. I adore it and have it hung from the garland on my mantlepiece. Thank you so much Shirlee for thinking of me xxx

HAED QS Holly Fairy is going rather well. Getting the outline of her hair on page 2 now. I'm hoping to get plenty of this done over the Christmas holidays although maybe not!

Dear June sent me a lovely card and gift for my birthday. The vanilla sachet smells delicious, the threads are gorgeous colours and the ribbon is pretty. Thank you so much June for thinking of me xxx.

An envelope arrived from Barb and I was puzzled as to what was inside. Why do we wonder instead of just ripping open the envelope?! Inside was a Weymouth and Portland  calendar which I'm looking forward to having on my wall in 2013. Ill be able to see the lovely place where Barb lives. I have been nearby but never to Weymouth. One day maybe :)

I am having a new start on Boxing Day (the day after Christmas  ). Originally my surrogate sis Lisa and I were starting HAED Mini The Forgotten but it kind of grew and now there are several of us starting b & w minis and Eileen started up a Facebook group called B & W Mini Nutters! I have my fabric and threads ready and my chart printed. I'm also supposed to be starting my first Randal Spangler design in 2013 but Im wondering if I may have bitten off more than I can chew with so many HAEDs but I'll see how I go. I've chosen one that I was raked with in the Halloween rak event and that one is SK A Dragon's History. I was hoping I'd have enough of 25 count Magic Guide left for it but unfortunately it's not big enough so I'm hoping Father Christmas will bring me some. I've been a good girl this year :)

I think this will probably be the last post I do before Christmas unless I get these ornaments finished so to all my wonderful readers and dear friends Merry Christmas and  Happy New Year. Thank you each and every one of you for your friendship during 2012 and long may it continue. I know I have not been very good at keeping in touch these past few months but in all honesty I've been finding things difficult but didn't want to say anything on here as it is, after all, first and foremost a stitching blog. I need to seriously sort myself out!

Have a safe and Happy Christmas.

With much love.

Sally
xxx

28 comments:

Margaret said...

Lovely stitching as always, and lovely gifts too! Happy Christmas and a happy, healthy, safe New Year!

Cath said...

Lovely progress on your HAED. Looking forward to seeing your new ones.
Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas. Here's to a fab New Year .
Take care. XXX

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Sally thanks for sharing them. Wishing you all a most wonderful christmas and all the very best for the New Year 2013 xx

Nicola said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and here's to 2013 being a better year.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!

You've received some lovely gifts!

Shirlee said...

Merry Christmas dear friend! I pray that it will be your most special Christmas ever : )

Lisa V said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Myra said...

I don't know how you stitch those HAED designs - just amazing. Warm Christmas wishes to you!

Catherine said...

Love seeing your stitching goodies!
Have a wonderful, peaceful Christmas!

Rowyn said...

Merry Christmas Sally. We are having a small family gathering too. Just think less preparation and less dishes to do afterwards. :-)

Great stitching as always!

Katrina said...

Have a wonderful Christmas Sally, all the very best for 2013! Look forward to seeing more of your lovely stitching next year!

cucki said...

Very sweet stitching and pretty gifts..
Merry Christmas dear x

Christine said...

I love my little snowdrop Sally, and I don't mind in the slightest if it was a little bit late.
Happy Christmas!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous stitching Sally. Look forward to seeing your new starts in 2013. Lovely gifts. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year hugs Lesleyanne

Vickie said...

Lovely stitching. Such nice gifts for you Sally. Relax. Enjoy. A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you Sally.

stitcherw said...

You gave us all kinds of lovelies to look at. Holly Fairy is looking so pretty, as is Gingerbread Cottage. I did Cottage a while back and loved both stitching it and how it turned out. I'll be starting my first HAED in 2013 and it's a Spangler too, QS Literate Dragon from the BB SAL. Can't wait to start, although a bit intimidated with all the colors in it and the upcoming confetti. I just keep telling myself that it's just one stitch at at time.

Have a wonderful Christmas, ours will be small too. My daugher and her new husband are actully running around over by you rather than here in the States. They work for Cirque du Soleil, the Kooza touring group that just got to London. They have a few off days before starting set up so are seeing Big Ben, Parliment, Tower of London, saw the play Wicked, etc.. so far they are loving it.
Sue

Carol said...

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Sally--I've so enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful finishes this year... May 2013 bring you every happiness!

Mouse said...

ohhh pretty goodies both given and received and good luck with the Haeds :)
hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very merry stitchy new year ... don't forget about our SAL too heheheh ... (don't panic if you have ;) love mouse xxxxx

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I appreciate you sharing your life with me through this blog over the past year, Sally!

I hope 2013 is a happy one for you and your family!

♥ Nia said...

Lovely stitching!
Merry Christmas sweetie, may this Christmas season warm your heart and 2013 bring you many reasons to smile! :)

Andrea said...

Lovely stitching Sally.

I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

Hazel said...

Happy Christmas Sally. It has been a pleasure watching all your wips grow this year. Here's to a good stitchy year ahead. xx

Fiona said...

Have a Happy Christmas. I understand totally about having the blahs. You and two other stitchers inspired me to tackle a HAED design and I plan on starting it tomorrow.

Jane said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SALLY xxx

Julie said...

Holly fairy is growing nicely. I hope you have had a lovely Christmas with your family. I too received one of those lovely calendars from Barb, somewhere I have never been either.

Anne said...

Merry Christmas Sally to you and your family!! Such sweet gifts from your friends! Beautiful progress too on your HAED's!! I hope you have a good New Year too!

Brigitte said...

Lovely pictures of your stitching. As always you show some really great projects. Enjoy your little gifts.
I hope you were having a great Christmas holiday.

Kathy Ellen said...

Wonderful photos of your beautiful stitching, Sally!

Blessings for you in the New Year!