Monday 31 December 2012

A New Stitching Year Is About To Begin

The old year will soon make way for the new. Not quite sure where the last year has gone as it hardly seems like 5 minutes since last New Year's Eve!

Anyway I have achieved lots of finishes this last year ( I don't expect to have as many in 2013), had a few abandoned pieces and renewed my love for HAEDs. I've stitched at least 12 Christmas ornaments thanks to Lainey's Christmas All Year Round SAL which I think I'm going to take part in again in 2013. It has been great fun and really makes you want to get on and stitch. I have also made new stitchy friends through blogging and Facebook, made a firm friend through craft club and we intend to get together regularly outside of the club for stitchy afternoons in 2013. 

I'm not going to make any particular plans for stitching in 2013 other than ornaments, the new Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues and hopefully make plenty of progress on my HAEDs. I intend to stitch from my stash as much as possible but obviously I will be buying the sheep :) I'm going to go on auto for them probably with Patchwork Rabbit as Karla is brilliant to deal with. I am hoping just to buy fabric and threads through the year if I need them. I did get fabric for Christmas so have plenty to keep me going on my HAEDs and other things. At the rate I'm going with new HAED starts I probably won't have much time to stitch on much else! I also got one of the Lizzie*Kate Inspiration Boxers. I really want to collect these as they are just lovely. I was surprised to see that they are presented in a CD case. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was quiet but enjoyable. We played games on the Wii, watched DVDs, ate too much, drank a bit and just generally chilled. We had a trip to the sales in Hull on Friday. I don't believe in the sales starting on Boxing Day so won't venture out then. I wish they'd go back to New Year sales like years ago. I'm afraid all this is killing family times and family values but that's just my opinion. At the sales I picked up a half price Charles Dickens book which has his Christmas stories in including A Christmas Carol. Jess set me off my buying me two Dickens books for Christmas then she said she should have got me a special version of A Christmas Carol so when I saw the book at half price I had to buy it!

My dear stitching friends were very kind to me at Christmas and I received some gifts. I feel so bad as I didn't send to anyone other than Lisa and Michelle ( I let Michelle open hers early) but I just can't do it. Anyway I feel very blessed and will let the pictures do the talking. Thank you so much my dear friends xx

 From Michelle
From Lisa
From Christine
From Karan
From Mouse
From Elaine

I pondered over what I could do for Lisa and finally decided on this ornament which she loves.

Shepherd's Bush Do You Hear

Unknown fabric

DMC

Started 20th November 2012

Finished 3rd December 2012

Christmas Gift for Lisa

I finally got my last three ornaments made up to hang. I need to be a bit more creative in 2013 with my finishes I think!


And my last ornament of the year was finished yesterday but not made up yet!

Amy Brueken Designs I Believe

28 count Natural Pearl Linen

DMC

Started 23rd December 2012

Finished 30th December 2012

I had a new start on Boxing Day. This is HAED Mini The Forgotten. Not a lot done but loving it so far.

I also made progress on HAED Guardian and HAED QS Holly Fairy. I finished page 10 on Guardian and managed 560 stitches on page 11.

Finally my progress on Country Cottage Needleworks Gingerbread Cottage. Photo is awful I'm afraid. Chris  has finished hers and is wondering how to finish it.

So that's my final stitchy update for 2012. No more finishes in the pipeline now until 2013. I have been stitching away on a gift but I don't think that will be finished until next year now unless I get lots of stitching in today!

Thank you to you all for your friendship in 2012 and long may it continue. I love seeing what you are all doing even though I may not always keep up with commenting especially at this time of year. 

So that is it from me for 2012! Wishing you all good health, happiness and lots of stitchy goodness in 2013. 

With much love

Sally
xxxx


32 comments:

Vickie said...

Hello Sally! I wish the same for you!
You certainly did accomplish a lot.

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous gifts both sent and received Sally. Great progress on your HAEDs. Look forward to seeing your stitching in 2013. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Margaret said...

Lovely gifts from your friends! And lovely stitching as always! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Nicola said...


Happy New Year dear friend. I wish the New year brings you lots of happiness and joy. May God shower his abundant blessings upon you all year round.

Michelle said...

Sally you were blessed - Happy New Year my friend and thanks again for your friendship during 2012 long may it continue. All the best for 2013 xx

Christine said...

Lovely gifts and wonderful stitching Sally. Hope you have a very happy new year

♥ Nia said...

Happy 2013!!! ƪ(ˆ◡ˆ)ʃ*

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Gorgeous gifts, and great work on your HAED projects! Love your blog! Hope 2013 is filled with blessings for you.

Christina said...

Happy New Year to you Sally! Your finishing is very creative - no changes required!

L.O. said...

You received such lovely gifts, and your finishes were just beautiful. Have a wonderful New Year! Take care.

Linda said...

You made good progress on your HAEDs. You received some lovely gifts.

Happy New Year
Linda

Michelle said...

Such great gifts, ornaments and stitching! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Lisa V said...

Happy New Year Sally.

Ellen said...

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Looking forward to your stitchings in 2013, may you have a Productive year!

Belinda said...

Lovely stitching Sally.
Happy New Year to you and your family too.

Cath said...

Happy New Year Sally , gorgeous finishes and lots of lovely progress.

Andrea said...

Lovely stitching and finishing as always.

Happy New Year Sally!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful gifts both given & received my friend : ) How wonderful that you've connected with a new friend & you both plan on getting together for stitching times in 2013! Your goals for the year sound very attainable! I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Happy New Year Sally!
What wonderful gifts given and received with your stitching friends.
Great progress on your HAED pieces.

Fiona said...

HappyNew Year. Great ornaments both given and received. Your HAEDs are coming along nicely. I started mine a couple of days ago, but had company, so haven't stitched or taken photographs yet to post.

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

Happy new year sally. All your pics look great and seems like you had a good time. All the best to you
x catherine

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Sally! I've so enjoyed following along with you on your stitching and finishing journey this year! Lovely gifts both given and received--I especially like the one from Michelle!

stitcherw said...

What lovely gifts received and given, and enjoyed seeing Guardian. With the new starts and your current WIP's you will be busy with HAED's this year. Hope you have a wonderful New Year, Sue

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies and stitches. Have a wonderful New Years!

Katrina said...

Happy New Year Sally to you and your family :)

Unknown said...

Love all the ornaments! Great progresses!!! http://yougotmeinstitches.blogspot.com/

Brigitte said...

You've received some great gifts, Sally. Enjoy them all. And enjoy the new stitching year. I'm looking forward to seeing your HAEDs grow.
Hvae a Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Such wonderful stitching pics! Happy New Year :)

Lainey said...

Lots of lovely gifts Sally.
I;m looking forward to all your beautiful stitches off 2013 especially those "Sheep".
Happy New Year Sally, let;s take one day at a time my dear friend, hugs!

Julie said...

Happy new year to you and the family Sally. Lots of great progress on the HAED's. I hope the new year brings lots of fun times with your new craft club friend.

Lisa said...

You had some lovely gifts Sally, great stitching as always and I am with you I wish the Sales would go back to starting on Jan 2nd like they did in my youth and the Christmas advertising not starting until December. I finally read a Christmas Carol this Christmas and really enjoyed it, I might make it an annual thing. As always your stitching is great. I to intend to do the LHN sheep virtues, but I will probably have to get them as and when. Finally a Happy New Year to you and yours x

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy New Year Sally! I"m glad to hear you and your family had a lovely Christmas!

Wishing you all the best this year and I look forward to your progress on all of your HEADs this year and ornaments.