Thursday 17 June 2010

My First Mattress Pincushion

It was such a lovely day today so I decided this afternoon to sit out in the garden and finally make up The Drawn Thread A Spot of Spring into a mattress pincushion. I used Vonna's brilliant tutorial and it made it so easy :) I really enjoyed making it up and I am extremely pleased with my first attempt. Si without further ado here's the pictures. These were taken outside so please excuse the shadows. I have now started A Spot of Summer and will make that up in the same way.



Another finish is another Shepherd's Bush needleroll, this time Beehive. This was a quick, fun stitch. I forgot to look on the SB website to see where the bees were supposed to go and as I only had one bee I just put it where I thought, which may well be in the wrong place!

Shepherd's Bush Beehive Roll

28 count vintage green linen

DMC threads, Delica beads

I made quite good progress on CHS Shores last Friday and Saturday but would really like to do better this week! Of course stitching on something like this whilst watching Dr Who is never an easy thing!! However I will try harder lol!

Sunday evening I managed to get my name stitched on the piece that will be the bottom of my Sampler Garden Casket. Unfortunately it's not quite in the middle but I didn't fancy having to frog the over one so it's staying where it is.

Chatelaine Spring Morning is going well for all I ended up having to frog the Algerian Eyelets as I had stitched them in the wrong place. I would have considered leaving them but they would have been the wrong colour so they all had to come out. I love how this part is looking though. The piccie is not too good as it was taken outside and has come out a bit too bright.

Finally I managed to get the page I was stitching on on HAED Guardian finished and I've gridded the next page which isn't a full one so this one might go a bit faster! I am really enjoying stitching on this again and, hopefully, I won't get fed-up of it again!

I am itching to stitch so many things right now! I could very seriously have startitis if I let myself but I really must behave!

Thank you to everyone who visits and leaves comments. They mean so much to me:)

Hugs

Sally
xxxx


37 comments:

Berit said...

Whew; so many lovelies! My favorite is the mattress pincushion. :D I'd never guess it was your first!

Stitchabilities said...

How lovely they all are, I do like the pin cushion.
I have starting problem,only I have lost my stitchy bug for my wip's but I really want a new start maybe something small!!

Kim B said...

I have always wanted to try a mattress pincushion! Yours turned out brilliantly. Beautiful progress on your projects as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow Sally, You are one motivated Stitcher. How do you do it? I have to have two going or else I don't stay focused.

Your Mattress Pincushion is beautiful. Your needleroll is gorgeous. Great job on both!

All of your WIP's are coming along nicely.

Christine said...

Great stitching as always Sally. Your mattress pincushion came out beautifully

Barb said...

Sally I adore your mattress,not tried that finish yet. You certainly are stitching up a storm with all your pieces which are looking super.... Do you want to do the Sea one before the stocking as it is more seasonal? lol. If so let me know hmmm new start on the 3rd July?
Hugs

mattresses said...

Sally, Really impressive work on pillows. I think you need to open a shop to sell such type of products.

Nicky said...

Beautiful! Lovely photos too.

Ginnie said...

Lovely work, it is nice to stitch outside... my problem is I get hayfever !

Carol said...

I love your little mattress pincushion (and all your other beauties as well!), Sally. Aren't those tutorials of Vonna's wonderful--so helpful!

Karyn said...

Oh Sally, such gorgeous finishes!

Your stitching always inspires me. I am drooling over the mattress pin cushion, she is a treasure.

Hugs
Karyn

Natasha said...

SO many wonderful WIP's Sally you did a great job on the Matress Pincushion. I would never have thought it was your first time :)

TakeCare

KarenV said...

Your pincushion turned out beautifully Sally - congratulations!

Deb said...

You've gotten a lot done! I love your mattress pincushion - you did a perfect job putting that together. I haven't tried one, but I'll make note of Vonna's instructions.

Lelia said...

nice pincushion & needleroll finishes --- beautiful stitching!!!

Lainey said...

Sew many beautiful pieces Sally!
Just love the mattress finish. Hugs.

Olga said...

Congrats on finishing the mattress pincushion. You've made a great progress on all your WIPs, you can allow yourself one more start :-).

Cindy's Stitching said...

They are all so pretty. The beehive roll is my favorite. Very summery.

jane said...

Wow Sally you have been busy - I love the mattress pincushion and the needleroll and all your other WIPs are coming on great!

Unknown said...

all very beautiful and elegant
ciao Pat

Carol said...

Your WIP's are all coming along lovely Sally - I can't wait to see the Sampler Garden Casket finished!

I think you've done a brilliant job on your first mattress pincushion and I love your beehive needleroll too! :o)

Mylene said...

You did great with the pincushion and looks perfect for a first time.

All your WIP's are looking gorgeous!

WendyCarole said...

love the matress pin cushion and everything is coming along nicely xx

Deb said...

Wooohooo! Your fingers have been working like dogs, Sally!! Oh, my, and such gorgeous things!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations on the finishes! You did a great job on the mattress. The WIPs look great, too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sally that matress pincushion is fantastic and the needleroll is cute!

Wow all of your fantastic projects!!!

Kajsa said...

Nice finishes! Your wip's looks so great too!

Heather said...

What beautiful WIP's and finishes Sally.

You need to get over here and inspire me :)

Solstitches said...

I never cease to be amazed at how fast you stitch Sally!
Everything is gorgeous. Who would ever know that was your first attempt at a mattress pincushion?
It looks fabulous.

Michelle said...

Oh Sally your pincushion is wonderful - thanks for sharing all the other wonderful photos. Hope you are well. Michelle x

K-G Knitter said...

Your needleroll and pincushion are lovely!

Julie said...

The mattress pincushion looks great. Lots of nice progress on your WIP's too

Andrea said...

A wonderful finish on your mattress pincushion. Great progress on your WIPs too.

Sharon said...

Your mattress pincushion looks fantastic! I am afraid to try those. Lovely needleroll and wip's. I hadn't seen that particular Châtelaine before.

Michelle said...

Oh wow! So many lovely things!!! Your mattress pincushion came out perfectly and I love the Casket you're working on too. Beautiful!

FIONA said...

Lovely lovely finishes! Love your blog - thanks for sharing. x

Karan said...

WTG on tackling the first - beautiful, as is the needleroll. So glad I've stopped by - am actuallystarting to feel the urge to sit & stitch. Maybe the missing mojo is returning? :0)