Wednesday 13 January 2010

A Quicky

Just a quick post from me today. You know how it is, best laid plans and all that and it never works out how you want as something crops up :( Hopefully the something won't take long and I'll be back in the comfort of my own home curled up with my stitching!

I have been having a clear out of my charts and have been very brutal and turfed out every single one I won't stitch. No messing this time! So please take a look at my for sale blog ( link in sidebar) and email me ( in my profile) if there's anything you're interested in. Anything that doesn't go will go on Ebay in a few weeks.

Now onto my WIPs. I do have two finishes but can't show them yet!

I have to say I am really enjoying stitching CHS Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. It's quite different to anything I've stitched before and I love how it's looking so far. It is, without a doubt, going to be a long term project but that's fine :)

My Sunday UFO piece, Blue Ribbon Designs Winter Wingding, is going well. To think I've been dreading picking this up again yet last week I managed 6 blocks and this week I did 8 so by my reckoning, if I keep that up, it'll be finished in no time!

Finally my Just Nan piece, 4 Wishes, for the Stitch and Stash JN SAL. Loving this piece so much and I really can't understand why I have never stitched it before as I'm sure it's been in my stash since it first came out!

Thank you to all of you who left such lovely, supportive comments after my last post. I am still feeling hurt and it seems hard to let it go even though I know I should. I feel like I'm walking on thin ice everytime I speak to my Dad but I'm not going to let it stop me saying what I think. Enough is enough and I'm about at the end of my tether.
Take care everyone.
Hugs
Sally
xxxx

23 comments:

Ukka said...

Hi,Sally!The colors and designs are really pretty!
Good luck!
Hugs
Ukka

Angela said...

As ever great stitching.

I've sent you an email about some of your sale items. Hopefully I'm quick enough to get them.

Hazel said...

I love your Shores and your Just nan. Lovely wips and great progress. hope you are feeling better about things. People hey! Tell me about hurtful people. Best thing is to just try and let it go and not think about it as it usually ends up eating you up inside. Anyway, hope you are feeling better. xx

Barb said...

Sorry to hear things are not much better Sally , what a nightmare.
Oh your lighthouse is lovely -You are such a temptress (just love that design) . You have done a little more than me on the 4 wishes , I have just built the snowman but the bunnies are no where to be seen yet lol.
Take care sweetie
Hugs Barb

jane said...

Lovely stitching Sally - Winter Wingding is really coming on now and Shores looks great. I have 4 Wishes as a UFO in my stash - I think maybe I should get it out and join in the SAL.

Kim B said...

Your WIPs are great Sally! You're right, at that pace you will have WW done in no time at all!

Elisa said...

Your WIPs are looking fantastic Sally.
Good luck with the selling, I really need to do mine too...it's just finding the time to sort them....lol

Stitcher said...

Great progress Sally, you have been busy.

Christine said...

Great progress Sally, the SHRH is just gorgeous

KarenV said...

All your WIPs are looking wonderful Sally :) I remember feeling a similar way about BRD Sealed with a Kiss, but once I got going on it, it got done quite fast. You've really not got too much more to go now!

bathroom lights said...

You are so talented!

Shelleen said...

All of your WIPs look great.

Stitchabilities said...

Great progresses
I hope you manage to find new homes for your stash, I am watching my pennies so I had better not look. I was interested in the Just Nan sal but not sure I have the time for another wip at the moment

Nicki said...

Your Shores is gorgeous! I have the chart and fabric, but not the thread - maybe I should bite the bullet and join you :D

Julie said...

SHRH is looking great, nice progress on your UFO piece too. I love 4 wishes and have that in my stash too, i chose the other one in the end though!
Hope you are soon feeling less hurt.

Terri said...

Your stitching is beautiful.

Andrea said...

Your WIPs are looking wonderful.

Deb said...

Hi, Sweet Friend, Your new stitchy projects look lovely. I'm so busy with my RRs, I've no time for new projects for a while. :] Sally, I'm so sorry about your being hurt by your dad. There's nothing that can hurt our hearts more than a parent's words and disaproval when it's unfounded. Just remember we all can speak from our pain sometimes and often fear and anger "sit on top of pain." It may not be you he's really raging at, but his own fears. Sending lots of hugs, Deb

Karan said...

All your WIP's are looking fab & growing well Sally. :0)
Sending more (((((((((hugs))))))))) & hope the situation sorts itself out soon.

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching well done. Take care Michelle x

Mylene said...

You have made good progress on all your WIP's. You are nearly finish with the Blue Ribbon design, probably you finish it by now.
Take care.

stitcherw said...

Shores is looking great. That is such a wonderful piece, with its size it would be a long term project. Wingdings is coming along so well, and your JN is looking very cute. You've got a lovely selection of projects to chose to work on.
Sue

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on your start on Shores - it's looking lovely so far! I really need to pull mine out - I haven't put a stitch in it for over 4 months now.