Monday 6 April 2009

Monday ( Yes Very Original!)

First of all I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who commented on my finish of Midnight Stitching Quaker Faith Hope Love! I don't think I've ever had as many comments and they are very much appreciated:)

Last Thursday I picked BBD Beyond My Heart up from the framers. I have to say it looks so much better framed. For all I love this piece I didn't feel that the verse showed up very well but now it's framed it's much clearer.
HAED QS Girly Gothic is coming along rather nicely, even though I say so myself, and I may well continue to stitch two evenings on it so that I can get it finished in reasonable time! I'm itching to start QS Holly Fairy ( Jasmine Becket- Griffith) but not until GG is finished.
Of course with April comes another needleroll, Christmas ornament and biscornu. I've decided on my needleroll and biscornu but not the ornament as yet and I have made a start on the biscornu. I have been trying to talk Chris into starting it with me but I'm afraid I failed! LOL! So here's my small start on Just Nan When Barnabee Met Bella biscornu which I received in a trade with Andrea last year:) I am using the suggested fabric ( I think!) which Andrea also sent me.

I am still stitching away on a PIF and actually sat out in the garden yesterday for a while and stitched on it. It was such a lovely day but today is so dull and horrible and rain is forecast.

Last night I stitched on Drawn Thread My Favourite Things and I'm really enjoying it. So far the speciality stitches haven't been too complicated!

I am desperately trying to get caught up on blog reading and commenting and hope to do so today as DH finishes work today for a week so, hopefully, we'll be going out the odd day or so so I won't get much computer time. The girls finished on Friday lunchtime and Jess has revising to do as she'll start her A level exams in May.

Last Friday Chris and I had arranged to meet up at my house but DH took the day off so I went to Chris' house for a change:) We had a lovely afternoon chatting and I had a look at what Chris was stitching and saw a small amount of her stash!! I'm looking forward to meeting up again soon. I saw her Just Nan Memories ( before she added the beads) and it is beautiful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a wonderful Easter weekend:)

Hugs

30 comments:

Christine said...

Your Beyond my Heart looks wonderful framed. I didn't think the verse showed up very strongly on my version either, I guess its just designed that way. Gives it a nice antiquey feel. Great progress on your WIPs too

Anonymous said...

That looks lovely framed, and great progress on GG. Look forward to seeing your monthly challenges finished. Have a lovely time going on day trips,I hope the weather improves for you!!

Ginnie said...

The frame really sets off the stitching. Girly Gothic is great and I look forward to seeing your Jasmine B-G stitching, both my daughter and I love her art work. I think sometime in the future I must tackle a HAED !!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Beautiful job on all accounts! You've got some beautiful things going right now, and they're all looking like they'll be finished in no time!

Sheila said...

Beyond the Heart looks beautiful framed - I love the colours.

karenv said...

Beyond My Heart looks fabulous framed Sally! Your making great progress on all your other WIPs and I particularly like the DT one, very pretty.

Kim B said...

Your BBD is gorgeous! The framing really makes is extra special! It's really beautiful framd up like that!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I absolutely ADORE your BBD framed...totally stunning...LOVE IT!
All your WIPS are lovely Sally, you just whip out all things :)

Alberta said...

Beautiful finish!

Julie said...

Super framing job on BBD. Great progress on the WIP's too, looking forward to seeing the Biscornu done.
Good Luck Jess!!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your stitching is so beautiful Sally, I can't wait to see your needleroll and biscornu :)

jane said...

I agree about the verse on the BBD, mine is the same. Yours looks lovely framed though. Looking forward to seeing the biscornu - it's a great design!

Karan said...

Inspired choice of frame - really makes the piece. Can't believe how quickly GG is growing. MFT is such a pretty piece - enjoying watching it develop. So looking forward to seeing more of the biscornu too. :0)
Have fun during the holidays. :0)

Ranae said...

Beautiful frame sets off the fabulous stitching once again. I can't wait to see the other finishes.
It don't take long to get behind in reading blogs, that's for sure.

stitcherw said...

All of your WIP's are looking so pretty, nice progress. Love your framed Beyond My Heart. The frame does seem to make the wording stand out more, just lovely.
Sue

Sonda said...

That looks wonderful all framed up! I love the blue verse! It really pops out. GG looks great, too. Can't wait to see the biscornu...I've got it and got it kitted, but just haven't broken down and started it yet.

staci said...

Gorgeous BBD finish! The frame you picked is perfect for it!

Olga said...

Your framed Beyond My Heart really looks a little different - I just love it. JN biscornus are always very pretty - can't wait to see yours finished!

Jeanie said...

Great job on the BBD and the framing is just perfect :)

Cindy F. said...

The frame is perfect!! and it really does bring out the lettering:) I love it!!
HAED is so close to a finish;) and she looks amazing!

Kit said...

Beyond My Heart looks so good, I love the frame. I look forward to seeing your biscornu, you keep so busy!

Anonymous said...

Sally,
That frame is perfect. It really helps it to stand out! You have some great progress on your WIP's. I nominated you for an award on my blog.

Brigitte said...

Your BBD looks gorgeous. It's a very nice frame for it.
Great progress on your WIPs so far. I love the Drawn Thread piece, it's coming along so nicely.

Stitchingranny said...

Your BBD looks stunning framed Sally. I liked it before but have to agree the framing really has bought this piece to life.

Love the Favourite Things, and though I know I have enough charts to last two lifetimes it is still going to have to go on my wish list lol.

Michele said...

I love Beyond My Heart! It is lovely framed :)

nice work on your wips too!

Ruth said...

My heavens you've been working on such pretty stuff.

That frame is absolutely perfect. I had the same issue with the wording color of that piece, but that frame brings it out perfectly.

Nicola said...

Sally, Beyond My Heart looks just gorgeous framed. That's a good start on the When Bella Met Barnabee biscornu. Reminds me that I have that one in my "to do one day" pile. Your other wIP's are coming along well.

sammyjo said...

Beyond My Heart looks wonderful sally!!!

Felicity said...

Gorgeous work! I happened to pop by another blog and saw the HAED, so had to check out your own site.

Kajsa said...

That frame is perfect! Love all your works in progress, your DT is really nice.