Wednesday 22 April 2009

Just Wanted To Say.......

That I am fine:) Thank you so much Ranae for your concern. You are such a sweet friend. I have been feeling very down and I just decided that I needed a little break from blogging and the PC and have mostly just been looking at emails quickly and going off and stitching or just spending time with the girls while they were on Easter holidays. I am planning on coming back with a stitchy post probably at the weekend. I am sorry but I have not been reading blogs and have been marking them as read in my reader but I also hope to get back to reading at the weekend.

For those who sent me good wishes for my scan results they worked as my scan was clear. No nasties just a nice healthy womb but no visible ovaries but they tell me that is nothing to worry about as as we get older they shrivel up but I have read that is a myth. Would be nice to know where they've gone! My bloods show I'm borderline anaemic and in menopause but nothing to show why I'm feeling like I do although I know a lot of women suffer a lot during menopause and it looks like I'm going to be one of those women. I have done a lot of crying and felt so down and I don't seem to be able to pick myself up. It's not because I'm in menopause, because the thought of having no periods really does not bother me as after 36 years of them I've had enough anyway, it's because I feel so ill some days I can't function properly and not knowing why does not help. The doctor suggested a few things and I now have two lots of tablets to take when I have a period and if that doesn't help it's a case of going back until we find something that does help. I do plan on going to the library to see if there are any books on foods etc to try.

On another note DH and I have a new to us car! The one we had was 8 1/2 years old and it was case of do we carry on running it and have it cost money in repairs before long or do we get rid. Get rid won and we now have a nice 18 month old Vauxhall Astra. It is lovely to drive although the brakes are really keen ( DH informs me it has disc brakes all round which we've never had before) which I find difficult to get used to especially at slow speeds and I just about stick us the windscreen which is not good if someone is following close up. So I think it's just as well I'm on the chart stash wagon now we've got that! Lol!

I will be back at the weekend with some stitchy pics and hopefully I can show the PIF I sent if it arrives before then!

Take care everyone.

Hugs



28 comments:

tintocktap said...

{{Hugs}} Sally - you're having a rough time! Slow down and take time to enjoy everything you do. We'll still be here when you decide to come back. Take care!

Lisa said...

I was wondering why I hadn't seen you online for so long and was just about to email you when I saw your post. Hope you're ok hon, thinking of you and sending you feel better hugs. Hope we can chat soon. x

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear you have been feeling low (Hugs)and not knowing why is a real bummer!! I hope you can find something to help, I have started taking Vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil to help with my PMS maybe there is something to help you, I think it is working but only time will tell!
Oh enjoy your new car, bit nippy the new style astra are or so I'm told.

Brigitte said...

Oh Sally, I'm so sorry to read that you are having such a rough time. But together with your doctor you will certainly find the perfect medication so that you will feel well again. Maybe you'll find out about food that is better for you than others. My friend got rid of her migraine problems by chnaging her food completely. So it sometimes works.
Menawhile, enjoy your family, your stitching - and your new car.

Diane (di) said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers so I'm beyond happy that your scans are clear. :) I am sorry you are not feeling well though and am sending healing thoughts your way. Don't worry about commenting and trying to read everything you may have missed Sally. Just try to concentrate on feeling like yourself again. Everything else will fall into place when you do! (((hugs))) di

Srinity said...

I hope you find something that will help you. Feeling bad and not knowing why is the worst thing.
New car is a great pick-me-up. :)

karenv said...

{{{{Sally}}}} I'm sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment. Glad that the scan was clear and that the doc was able to make some suggestions and is prepared to work with you to find out what's causing your health issues. I hope you're feeling much better very soon.

Deb said...

Sally - Don't feel that you have to comment on blogs or even post. I completely understand what you're going through. I went through something similar - they couldn't find a darned thing wrong, but it was a weird time, nonetheless because I felt bad and just didn't know why.

mbroider said...

Big Hugs to you Sally. Hope you find something to cheer you up and your mind busy.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Ahh Sally,
I am sorry to hear you are still having a rough time. I know how it feels to "feel" like something isn't right, but can't get a any confirmation to that effect. Take care of yourself, we'll still be here you for your when you get back to blogging!

Sheila said...

Sorry you are not feeling too well (but glad the scan was fine) and hope that you soon find something that will perk you up and get you back on track.
Look forward to seeing you posting more when you are ready.

Dawn T. said...

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough spell right now. (((HUGS)))

Karen said...

hope you feel brighter soon
just think of the money you will save when no monthlies lol I must say after 5 years of not having them you do tend to forget others still have them

Ranae said...

Sally! I am glad you are o.k. please don't post or comment if you are not up to it. I know you had the scan and I know eveything would turn out for the best, but you just never know.
I sure hope you get feeling better and can start enjoying life as it should be at our age, lol I have many bad days too with menapause and migraines. You can beat this thing. I was told to look your self in the eyes in the mirror and talk to yourself postively, I think it does work, well sometimes, lol.
Take Care!!
(((hugs)))

Hazel said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Sally. If you feel like crying, cry away, all night if you have to. Hugs xxx

Julie said...

Hope the new meds the dr prescribed do the trick and you are soon feeling brighter.

Mylene said...

I am sorry you are feeling down lately. (((big hugs)))

missy said...

Sally, I truly hope your feeling better with every second!!!! congrats on the new car. DH and I are debating on weather we get a new to us car pr just stick with our old one!! I want a new one!! LOL LOL But then who doesn't?

hugs to you!!!!

-missy-

Lynda said...

So sorry to hear that you have been feeling down and ill. It will get better, I am sure. Just look after yourself and take care - and enjoy driving that new car!!
Best wishes,
Lynda.

Olga said...

Sally,
So sorry to hear that you are still having rough time. Maybe more rest and walks help you?
take better care of yourself.
Hugs,
Olga

Karan said...

Glad to hear the scan results were good but sorry to hear you are feeling so low & ill. Sending lots of (((((((((hugs))))))))).
Enjoy the new car. :0)

Chiloe said...

It's bad to feel that way. Hope you find the right thing that work for you. I read natural remedies can work fine. (((hugs)))

glamlawlib said...

Glad that the scan was clear, sorry to hear you're down and not feeling great, my fingers are crossed that you get a diagnosis and feel better soon. {{hugs}}

Cindy F. said...

Sally, I'm so sorry you're having bad days. I am glad to hear your scan was ok though.
Hang in there girl! I'm going through the change...and some days are better than others.
Sending you TEXAS SIZE HUGS!!

Stitcher said...

hugs to you. sorry I wasn't online today

Unknown said...

Glad to hear all was well with the scan, us women don't half go through it do we???!

Hopefully you'll be having many more good days rather than bad really soon - fingers crossed.

I have to admit, I had to smile when you wrote about the brakes - been there, done that!

Sending lots of gentle hugs your way.

Sharon said...

Glad to hear your scan was clear. I sincerely hope things will get better-hopefully the things that dr. suggested will help! Take care!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm glad that your scan was clear. {{{hugs}}}