Wednesday 12 December 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Yes it's time of year again:) Today I am 44. I don't want to be 44! I don't feel as though I should be 44! LOL! BUT I am and I am having a lovely day although I am a little lonely sat here on my own with my little budgie Billy for company!!! Anyway just for the awww factor or to give you a giggle here I am with my Mum when I was christened all those years ago. I miss her. Aren't I a cutie?!!!

I have been totally spoilt today and received many lovely cards and some gorgeous presents:)From my DH I got the latest Westlife CD and some body spray, from Jess a CSI Miami DVD, from Abi a gorgeous pink necklace, from my cousin and her husband a stationary set and cute little teddy, from family friends some Avon body lotion, body scrub, bag, and manicure set, from my Dad a Brother sewing machine and from DH's auntie some socks and money. I also had money from my FIL and from my BIL and his wife. Abi bought me a helium balloon that says on it So Many Candles, So Little Cake!

Yesterday I had an early birthday present from Jeannie- Maree ( Fudgey) from the Heaven and Earth Designs Yuku forum of this gorgeous chart. Isn't she sweet? This was released not long ago and went straight onto my wish list on HAED and now I have her I am delighted. She is going to be my next new HAED start when ( yes I did say when) I finish QS Girly Gothic! Thank you so much Jeannie- Maree {{{{hugs}}}}

Now I have a couple of piccies to share and I think some people have been in cahoots here! LOL! The needlebook is from Karen, the fob is from Lisa and the tin is from Julie See what I mean about being in cahoots?! Girls I love it all and I am so blessed to have friends like you who have taken the time to make these beautiful gifts:) Big hugs to all of you and I wish you were here to share some cake with me. Here is another photo to show the inside of the tin as there is a teeny needleminder, a Dragon Floss thread and a pin.They are all going to be put to good use:) I took the needlecase and tin to show my Dad this morning and will take the fob to show him tomorrow as that hadn't arrived when I went out. He loves seeing stitched stuff.

Onto my bits of stitching now:) First up is Just Nan Queen of the Needle, the SAL I'm doing with Helen on a Monday evening. Helen is a bit ahead of me now as I'm onto the white perle bit and it's a bit hard going. Still loving stitching it though and can't wait to get onto the next band. I just love everything about this piece and those who know me quite well will know how much I love Just Nan designs:)

Last night was UFO night on Stitch and Stash and the fear of Julie and Mr Stick gets everybody motivated to stitch and I made a bit of progress on HAED Winter. I am actually really enjoying this piece a lot now I'm getting a bit done very week and it's keeping me well motivated so thanks Mr Stick ( and Julie!).

While I remember Chris and I are going back on the chart wagon starting January 2008 and Paula is joining us. We are going to keep each other motivated to carry on for as long as we can so would anybody like to join us? It would be brilliant if there were a few of us to help each other out. I think Karen and Julie are also going on the wagon! Of course we will have exceptions such as fabric and threads if we need them and I am seriously thinking about getting the new Lizzie*Kate flip-it's for 2008 but I'd put them on auto somewhere! Still making my mind up about that yet!

That's it from me today. Abi is going to make chicken curry for tea tonight so I don't have to cook so I'm looking forward to that. She made one at school last week adn it was delicious! I hope you are all having a wonderful week and thank you to all those who visit and leave comments. {{{{hugs}}}}

35 comments:

Louanne said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't Fudgey just the best?! How lovely to receive a chart from your wish list by surprise!!!! Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! What nice gifts.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday , Cahoot's you say hmmmm glad you like your gifts sounds like you have had lots of lovely presents.
This going on the wagon lark can't I just run behind and catch a lift every so often lol ;O)

Svenja said...

Happy Birthday Sally!
You got some great gifts! Enjoy the rest of the day! :)

Edda said...

Dearest Sally. I want to wish you a Happy Birthday. Hope you have had a lovely day today filled with laughter and friends. Wishing you all the best. What lovely gifts you have received. Take care.

Nic said...

Have a lovely birthday Sally - well, what's left of it! At least you'll have your lovely gifts to remember this day by :o)

As for the wagon challenge - I'm on! :o) I think we should make exceptions for gift receiving occasions (Valentines, Easter, birthday ...)so we don't feel deprived... ;o)

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Sally!! I hope you had the best of days! You did receive some very lovely birthday gifts!!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Sally!!!!Hope you had a fabulous day.

Love the gifts. I think it was very clever to make a set, very ingenious.

Great progress on your WIPs.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :o)

Gorgeous gifts and beautiful stitching too!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday, you lucky girl with all those pretty gifts!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Sally! 44 isn't bad at all .. enjoy it :)

Lovely stitching gifts from your friends .. in cahoots for sure! lol

Love that balloon Abi got you lol :)

sammyjo said...

Happy Birthday! hope its a good one

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Salllllyyyyy
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu

Hope you had a great day Sally.

I'm definitely on the wagon from now really. Well except for threads I have on order for CdeC...Jayne has ordered them for me so jut waiting for her to get them then I have to pay for them then that's it. No more stitching stash unless I need the odd dmc here and there......

Hope you had a lovely day Sally, (love the puic of you with your mum, you look very like her)
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Mylene said...

Happy happy birthday, Sally. And wow! such wonderful gifts you have received. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sally! You got some lovely pressies.

Hope you're having a fantastic day! :D

Ranae said...

Happy Birthday!! Sally
and many many more.

Lynn said...

MANY HAPPY RETURNS SALLY XXX

You've had some lovely presents, you lucky girl :)
Don't worry about getting older, when you get to 50 the presents are fantastic lol
Hope you enjoy your curry :)

Anita said...

Happy birthday to you.Have a wonderful day.

I love your stitching present and have a great dinner.

Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday Sally, hope you had a great day. I'm looking forward to meeting Billy! Hugs.

Stitchingranny said...

Hope you have had a wonderful birthday - it does sound like it. I love the matching set what a lovely idea for them to all stitch things that matched.

QOTN is looking good and you will soon catch up - lol you were well ahead of me to start with. Think I am just in a stitching mood at the moment.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Sally! Sounds like you've had a wonderful day with lots of lovely pressies. Your stitched gifts are gorgeous!

It's my birthday tomorrow and I don't want to be 48...lol! :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sally!!! You're the same age as me, and I don't think I should be 44 either! LOL...in my head I'm about 17!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on all of the pretty gifts!

Mary Kathryn said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Sally!!

:0)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovely birthday Sally! Sounds like you got some nice goodies :)

Samantha said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Sally - you had some gorgeous gifts :o) Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day xx

Juls said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sally!!!!! Sounds like your day was great! I'm so glad !!!You deserve much happiness!!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to You!!! It sounds like you are having a great day and great gifts. 44 is going to be great!! Hugs, Michelle

Karan said...

Belated Happy Birthday Sally - you received some beautiful gifts & it sounds like the girls enjoyed spoiling you. :0)
Great progress on Winter & the JN.
HHHmmm, stash wagon? I should be on there but know I'm just too weak willed - one slight "bump" & I'd be the first to fall off! ;0)

Julie said...

Hope you had a wonderful day sweetie.

It was the other 2, they made me join them, i would never keep secrets from you .... ROFLOL

Mr Stick loves ya!!
{{huggles}}

Lucy said...

Happy Birthday...mine was on Sunday! Don't ya love December birthdays???

TeresaB said...

Happy belated Birthday! All your gifts sound wonderful and what pretty stitched items you received. Sounds like you had a good day.

Lelia said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!!

Sachiko said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Michelle said...

Happy belated birthday! You received some lovely gifts - I especially like that new HAED chart!