Monday 22 October 2007

Autumn Pinkeep

Lisa and I have been stitching the Prairie Schooler Autumn Pinkeep from The Gift of Stitching and I finished mine last night, although it's not made up yet as I don't have any suitable fabric or pins to finish it off with. I do have some fabby on order so will finish it when that arrives with me:) I loved stitching this little design and am rather hoping that there will be the other seasons in the magazine in the future:)

I think I have to say, to be fair to the other girls, that I am off the chart wagon now! A couple of weeks ago I was browsing The Sampler Guild website and came across the With My Needle Quaker Hornbook chart. I had seen this finished up in a blog and fell in love with it so was delighted to find it. It said on the website that Linda was going to order in the next 14 days but there was about a 4 month wait for them. So I emailed Linda in the hope that I wasn't too late to order and thought by the time it arrives I'll be well and truly off the chart wagon. Well I received an email back saying that she was waiting for the last batch to arrive and she would have extras so she'd added my name to the list! It arrived today and I am delighted with it! I don't know when I shall get around to stitching it but I would like to do it soon:)

It's half term here this week and DH is off as well so we are going out a couple of days and also hoping to get to the cinema to see Stardust:) Hope everyone has a wonderful week. {{{{hugs}}}}

23 comments:

Karen said...

I love your little pinkeep lovely colours

Claire said...

Lovely pinkeep....

I might do the Quaker and stitch alongside you and the gang with your RR.

Hugs
Claire

Anonymous said...

Love your pinkeep!

Wish I could commit to do the RR with you but things are a bit manic here right now and I don't want to commit to anything I may not be able to stick with! I will be looking forward to progress reports though!

Ranae said...

I love that pinkeep. I just starting getting TGOS, what month was that design in?
Take care!!

Julie said...

nice finish, enjoy your family time together

Mary Ann said...

A wonderful finish, Sally!

Anonymous said...

I love your finish so far for the pin keep. I can't wait to see your progress on the Quaker Hornbook chart. Have a great week and let us know how Stardust is. It looks like it will be really good.

Michele B. said...

Such a pretty finish! I think I am going to try this one after I finish my current piece. I am so happy you were able to download Blessed Be. They must have changed their site to add the download option since I posted about it. It is a very enjoyable stitch. And I cana see you like autumn designs!

Karan said...

Love the pinkeep & treat bag finishes. Sounds like you'll have fun with the RR. Hope you all have a good half term week. :0)

Nic said...

That's so sweet - I love the colours!

I'm thinking I might have to subscribe to TGoS when I start working again, I've seen quite a few finishes from there I've liked!

Stitcher said...

It looks great Sally, I've seen this on other blogs, and had taken a liking to it. I'll join you in the RR if you like. Will email you.

Michele said...

love all your finishes! you've been busy while I was away :) Serendipity is amazing!! Can't wait to see if framed! and I love this little pinkeep too.

Hazel said...

Looks great Sally and will look even better made up. xx

sammyjo said...

i love the design its sweet lol and it will make a great pinkeep

Jane said...

Lovely pinkeep!

Kajsa said...

That is so cute Sally!

Your new chart sounds great!

Paula said...

That's a cute finish Sally, what way are you going to finish it??
Hope they girls are enjoying their break from school......
Oohh did you go and see stardust? I've heard it s a great film....
Happy stitching and hugs.....

Stitchingranny said...

well done on the pinkeep Sally.

I too fell off the wagon and bought the two kits I had seen at the harrogate show. Although strictly speaking they are part of my birthday present as I bought them with the money I had left.

Unknown said...

What a lovely finish Sally. What was Stardust like? We went to see Ratatouille and it was brilliant.

lena-lou said...

Love your little PS stitching, I wish to have had time to do this recently. I have the WMN Quaker Hornbook and yes, you will love to have it, I got mine from Linda but a few months ago now ...as yet I have to stitch it ;-))

Mylene said...

That's a nice finished, Sally. Have a nice weekend.

Nancy in IL said...

I ADORE the little Prairie Schooler design. They are one of my favorite designers. I may cave and order the magazine.

I've never gone on any wagon. It's totally hopeless for me, so I don't even try. I did some damage at the Online Needlework Show, but it was mostly gadgets, bookmarks, bookplates, note cards and such. I did order a FEW charts. Couldn't resist! So happy for you that you got such a great design. "With My Needle Quaker Hornbook." I love your taste in patterns. I especially love the Ackworth Friendship Book, and your RR should be LOTS of fun!

I've so enjoyed reading your blog!

Yuko said...

Sally, sorry for the late reply.
My e-mail have problem and can't send any e-mail more than a week now... terrible...
So I tell you here that I've got your lovely e-mail about ribbon and cloth! Thanks a lot for the La-D-Da, again!

I have done this PS Autumn Pinkeep, too!
I didn't make pinkeep with this, though...
I will post it maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow!!

Thanks for the comments, always!
Big hugs, xx

Yuko